You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

My Third Kraken Now haha This time with Nurnberg

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Welp, this time I got it in my Nurnberg and in a Tier 8 Battle no less lol

This was also the first time in 2 weeks that I took out my Nurnberg XD

Here's the juicy screenies:

0z4Rk58.jpg

uEYF5TR.jpg

e8K7usK.jpg

lj19yFs.jpg

Here's the Replay

Any advice you guys could give me about my aiming? I feel like I could've done WAY more damage.

~Hunter

Edited by Hunter_Steel

4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Well done and congratulations !

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Nice!

If you want to get more Krakens, run the Minekaze/Kamikaze, I find I can farm Krakens in it.

I also almost got Kraken in the Molotov yesterday, but my rudder went out and the turret was 1 degrees away from the enemy ship... I was pretty mad/annoyed because Kraken was LITERALLY right in front of me. 

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

I missed a Kraken in my Hipper by about 500 damage. Had an enemy Kutozov with that much health dead to rights and a BB from behind me finished him while my shells were inbound. :angry:

Edited by JojoTheMongol

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Kraken on 67k dmg? nice. that means you did a good job putting down ship and putting damage in the right places, taking enemies off the board is enormously important. I had a kraken in my Umikaze where i only did like 30k damage once. Can't find the screenshots :(

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Nice!

If you want to get more Krakens, run the Minekaze/Kamikaze, I find I can farm Krakens in it.

I also almost got Kraken in the Molotov yesterday, but my rudder went out and the turret was 1 degrees away from the enemy ship... I was pretty mad/annoyed because Kraken was LITERALLY right in front of me. 

Between my Umikaze, 15 pt captain Minekaze, and Kamikaze with my 17 pt shima captain, i have an easy dozen krakens, and a couple 7 kill games. Blyskawica is another excellent Kraken farming ship.

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Nice!

Eh, if I start farming those, Kraken will lose it's meaning as an epic achievement for me.

~Hunter

Members
1,054 posts
11,054 battles

Welp, this time I got it in my Nurnberg and in a Tier 8 Battle no less lol

This was also the first time in 2 weeks that I took out my Nurnberg XD

Here's the juicy screenies:

Here's the Replay

Any advice you guys could give me about my aiming? I feel like I could've done WAY more damage.

~Hunter

Im aware that you are probably familiar with many of these concepts.  This is geared more for those who arent.

On your specific match vs damage.  You are a T6 Cruiser in a T8 match.  Its always harder when that happens.  So bigger kudos on your kraken.

On aiming.  Experience.  

On where to shoot

Depends on what ship your sailing and which you are shooting at.  

My suggestion is too review some of the ship specific videos that are on youtube. and/or ask about specific ships in the forum.  There is a great deal of knowledge many will share.

i.e.  Knowing the enemy ships specific vulnerable points.   

Learn the ships you play the most, first.  So its not as over whelming.

i.e. what range is AP most effective with this cruiser and on what.  What range/angles can I pen and citadel at.

With certain cruisers at max range shots.  Even using AP on BB superstructures can do heavy damage vs hull shots.

The general rule of thumb in lack of more specific info.  HE super structures. AP center at the water line vs enemy cruisers.

then you can farm krakens...

On hitting...

Get an idea of max speeds for certain ships.  You can also tell stock from upgraded ships by their health.  Use visual ques.  Smoke from stacks (the angle of the smoke coming from those stacks).  Those are good visual references if a ship is moving 1/4 1/2 3/4 or Full.

Keep in mind.  The lead for a  cruiser moving 30 knots is the same as a BB moving 30 knots.  Start using a one of the custom reticles.  Then you will start memorizing the lead ticks indicators for that range and speed.  I also bracket some of the first shots at times.  If I dont have that specific range and speed memorized.  I fire one turret at where I think i should, another with more lead and the last with less lead.

Enable WoWs Replays

Watch your replays.  Then camera view your shells flight to the target.  if you are falling short, over shooting.  Too much lead and to little lead.  keep in mind dispersion.

If you fire a full slavo and 6 rounds shoot high and 4 land low, with none hitting.  Thats RNG baby.  Not your aim.

You can also have a friend go to the training room with you.  So you can establish the basics on finding you speed/range reference points for your reticle.

Many have more than I do..

IDbI04r.png

Edited by StrikeTalon

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I farm Krakens in my Fusou  :trollface:

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

*sniffles* Im so proud... *sniffles*

Haha, now to see if I can do it in my Furutaka :3

~Hunter

[CWD]
Members
45 posts
11,054 battles

Hi,

I have been trying to learn to lub the Nurnberg.

I just cant get my head around it. My playstyle seems to bend towards the IJN crusiers.

Do you have any insight on play style for Nurnberg?

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Hi,

I have been trying to learn to lub the Nurnberg.

I just cant get my head around it. My playstyle seems to bend towards the IJN crusiers.

Do you have any insight on play style for Nurnberg?

I suggest you look at my thread in the German Cruisers section of the forums, its the Konigsberg and Nurnberg fanclub thread. There's a lot of helpful info there. What I can say though:

Use those two rear turrets to your advantage, spam mostly AP at pretty much everything except DDs. Aim for BB super-structure, pepper cruisers and carriers. IMPORTANT: Whether your team lemmings or fails, stay with your team. If you are without support, you WILL sink. So even if the game is a loss, focus on sticking to the majority of the armor on your team, never go out infront unless it's the late game, never try to be a hero. Put forth as much damage as you can while using islands and allies with more armor as cover. Once you're confident enough, do as I do. Charge in to them till you're about 12km from them, turn around and kite them to your team. You can get lucky and get one or two of them to follow. You will, while doing this, use your two rear turrets to do the majority of the damage and win. This is also provided you mastered the art of wiggling your stern to bait them and to dodge shots while putting out shots at the same time. Trust me, it works, and is also how I got Kraken in this match. Baited their Colorado and Buddy. That Buddy failed, got sunk by me for the Kraken and the Colorado turned away when he realized he wasn't going to hit me in a 1v1 and gave me his broadside allowing me to put some AP into his super-structure and deal the damage I dealt.

Other than that, there's really no other way to play the Nurnberg haha

~Hunter