You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mesrith

Event Timing Could Use Some Work

9 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,296 battles

Earlier in the year we had a rush of events.  In short time we had Ranked Season 3 (Jan 6 - Feb 16), Project R (Jan 14 - Feb 11), Kaiju Hunter for the Tachibana (Feb 1 - Mar 1), and the ARP event (Jan 1 - Mar 1).  That's awesome!  Unfortunately, the events weren't all-inclusive.  If I remember correctly, Ranked Battles didn't count towards completing any of the other missions, which required kills/damage/etc in random PVP battles.  Weren't there different class and/or tier requirements for parts of these as well?  I can't remember, I've slept since then.  Needless to say, quite a few players were unable to complete all of the events because they were mutually exclusive without dedicating more time than the average player was able to.  I personally opted to do the other three events and didn't put much effort into Ranked, as I'd just finished Season 2, had gotten my flag, and didn't feel like doing the same thing all over again when there were new events to be done.  If the long-rumored-but-never-confirmed reward ship for having 2 previous Rank 1 finishes is confirmed, then this was an unfortunate decision.  Unannounced, retroactive rewards are also an annoyance, but that's a separate topic.

This upcoming ARP event was added to the game files and enabled on other servers a couple of months ago.  For whatever reason, it has been held back from our server until this month.  We're also seeing another Ranked season coming up, and there's mention of another Project-R style event hitting the Russian server soon, with no official word on whether or not it will come to ours.

So we're looking at:

• New ARP event (June 6 - July 1)
  • New Ranked season (June 3 - Unknown...past seasons were 6-7 weeks)
  • New Project R event?  (June 19 - July 31)

I'm grateful for more content and things to do, but it's going to be unfortunate if once again, the goals and tiers don't overlap and event missions are unable to be completed within Ranked Battles.

Edited by Mesrith

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Yeah, they could learn to space them out. Or to make them inclusive, so I can complete the ARP missions while trying Ranked or something.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,296 battles

We're not getting the Project R this month

http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/event-preview/

That's probably true, but it also doesn't list the new season of Ranked Battles on there either.  This season wasn't announced until it showed up in the client today, two days before start, and the specifics are still open to interpretation between the (probably faulty or incomplete) in-game UI and translations from the Russian server.  I learned awhile ago that you'll learn when something's happening, when it's happening, more often than not.
Edited by Mesrith

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

russian DD discount .  nice.    I will pick up a udaloi soon,   :P

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Russian DD discount? meh I have the Khab. (It's a beast 10/10 would recommend)

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

That's probably true, but it also doesn't list the new season of Ranked Battles on there either.  This season wasn't announced until it showed up in the client today, two days before start, and the specifics are still open to interpretation between the (probably faulty or incomplete) in-game UI and translations from the Russian server.  I learned awhile ago that you'll learn when something's happening, when it's happening, more often than not.

Well the Q&A said 5-6-7 for the RU server and it did mention Tier 10, but in a way that is being interpreted as required for Rank 1? Translation was not real clear, so I guess we'll see. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

So, Tier 10 Ranked, nice.. torpedo cancer inbound!

Luckily I have Ibuki Concealment '9.7KM' and am about to get Zao.