Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

Ok major lag spikes since 5.6.1 dropped anyone else.

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

OK only 1 battle so far but good lord am I lag spiking like mad. Switching in and out of sniper view, randomly panning around major lag spikes. Made the game almost unplayable.

I'm trying to restart the game and see if that helps but good god. I know it wasn't my end, nothing's changed except the new mini patch coming in.

anyone else having an issue? And yeah I know 3 posts today, I'm on a roll.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Had a disconnect earlier but that was my modem/router having a hissy fit .  Will have to check lag as I did not pay much attention .

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Reset the router?  I've had a few spikes but nothing major.  Most notable ones for me is when the enemy ship is suddenly dead in the water and stops moving for a few seconds.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Just checked ; no lag ; not even spikes . My FPS was jumping up and down though ( weird ) . Would go from 71 to 76 then 66 then back over and over .

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Might have to reboot my computer, it's taking over 10 seconds to switch ships in port when it usually takes me about 3.

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

Windows 10 and 8 to some degree aggressively compress the games data to actual ram instead of using page filing. For some reason it is particularly rampant this patch-- the lag is likely Windows decompressing textures and slammimg the cpu in the process. Pull up the task manager to confirm if this is the case.

Not much you can do about it if this is your problem besides grabbing more ram. Allowing windows to manage its own page filing seems to have helped my spike issues to a degree.

Whatever the issue its something wg changed. Certainly didnt have this problem last patch.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

OK only 1 battle so far but good lord am I lag spiking like mad. Switching in and out of sniper view, randomly panning around major lag spikes. Made the game almost unplayable.

I'm trying to restart the game and see if that helps but good god. I know it wasn't my end, nothing's changed except the new mini patch coming in.

anyone else having an issue? And yeah I know 3 posts today, I'm on a roll.

There are a number of threads on this subject since 5.6. I saw some binoc chop last night, but haven't even logged in today./

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

There are a number of threads on this subject since 5.6. I saw some binoc chop last night, but haven't even logged in today./

Well I rebooted my PC and seems to be fine now. But for a bit there...was having a W.T.F moment.

Sign in to follow this