Pope_Shizzle

[0.6.4.0] Yet Another Zoom Out Mod

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

107 posts in this topic

Pope, its posted wierd for me. It opens HTML rather than downloads

Right click the link and select "save as" then make sure the file is named  "camerasConsumer.xml".

FYI. File is updated and working with 0.5.8.1.

Could you combine it with the Smoke circles mod too? (As of always releasing two versions of this file?)

I really thought I could do this myself.  But I kept failing.

I copied the the hex values from the 0.5.9.0 camerasConsumer.xml into the 0.5.9.1 camerasConsumer.xml and moved it to red_mods.  But no joy, just the bugged 'death ray' camera.

Have I missed a trick?  I don't think you need to extract the camerasConsumer from the client any longer do you?

Also, cheers.  This and the Napplecommander crosshair are literally the only mods I use anymore, because I get sick of them breaking every micropatch.

Updated for 5.9.1.  Please see the first post of the thread for the file.  

EDIT: Sorry about not getting this up timely.  I thought I uploaded it back on the 3rd when the patch hit, but clearly I didn't.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle

I really thought I could do this myself.  But I kept failing.

I copied the the hex values from the 0.5.9.0 camerasConsumer.xml into the 0.5.9.1 camerasConsumer.xml and moved it to red_mods.  But no joy, just the bugged 'death ray' camera.

Have I missed a trick?  I don't think you need to extract the camerasConsumer from the client any longer do you?

Also, cheers.  This and the Napplecommander crosshair are literally the only mods I use anymore, because I get sick of them breaking every micropatch.

That's literally all I did with the version I posted the day before your comment, and it works fine.

I highly, highly recommend using a grownup editor. I prefer Notepad++, with the file comparison plugin. Then you can compare two files side-by-side and easily see what's different:

2f09e842c7.png

And if you learn a little regex, it's trivial to search and replace all the <controller> snippets with the new hex codes. Otherwise it's still simple to go through and change them manually.

To see more of what's around you to have better situational awareness. Especially useful around islands and when your teammates are very close. I consider this essential. The default max zoom out, especially for destroyers when they are launching their torpedoes, is unforgivable. That's when you need to see around you the most, yet WG has you staring at the deck of your ship instead. It's the worst "perspective f***" I've experienced since Resident Evil on the PS1.

A million times ^^^THIS^^^. Including the reference to Resident Evil! That's when I coined the term "perspective f***ed". This zoom is so bad I think WG considers torping your allies a "feature" rather than a bug. Edited by 4saken404

Does anyone know a quick edit to fix these when there are updates? Is it a line or two of code or is it more complex? Every update seems to break it, no matter how minor.

EDIT: Just a found way to compare files. Is there a forum link on how to figure out the new hex key figures? This mod is so critical I can't live without it! I see some references after looking at some other comments, but i can't quite figure it out. I'm missing something.

Edited by 4saken404

Does anyone know a quick edit to fix these when there are updates? Is it a line or two of code or is it more complex? Every update seems to break it, no matter how minor.

EDIT: Just a found way to compare files. Is there a forum link on how to figure out the new hex key figures? This mod is so critical I can't live without it! I see some references after looking at some other comments, but i can't quite figure it out. I'm missing something.

It's a little more complicated than one would think.  I'm working on the 5.10.1 version, but something keeps breaking.  I'm not sure what it is, but using the standard file update approach I've used since I took the YAZOM project over, I'm getting stalls and freezes on the game loading screen.  Absent some help from IKU19, who created the mod, I don't think I'm going to be able to get it to work.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle

think I got it fixed haven't noticed any problems tho right now only done 12 games

https://mega.nz/#!dQITXaCJ!UpqugOBhbyknLNr_wC69B9ajkTWJSff5QUdk5B0Uoqg

What did you do?

I replaced all the controller tags with the new ones.  When that failed, I copied the old zoom settings into the new 5.10.1 file.  I'm really curious what you did.

Copy and paste the Controller values but I left the how the format that was in 5.10 file alone also the key values.

4pRxg9N.png

Noticed the modded file has more lines than the one within the game

Original

890 Lines

939 Lines

Should be working for 5.11.0 only tested in 5 battles so far but no issues

Many thx again :-)

Edited by Tidexy

Many thx :-) but I need a decryption key to download ?

oops attached via forum Edited by WeddingBarge