Pope_Shizzle

[0.6.4.0] Yet Another Zoom Out Mod

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

119 posts in this topic

I have taken over the work done by IKU19 and will continue updating his zoom out mod, which was started here.

This mod zooms out the 3rd person camera around your ship to allow you to see more of your immediate surroundings. This mod is different from the other popular Zeiss zoom mod in that the YAZOM camera position is raised higher above the ship than in Zeiss, which provides a much different perspective.

In order to use the file uploaded here, right click it and use the "save link as" option.  Name the file camerasConsumer.xml and save the file to your "res_mods/0.6.4.0" folder and enjoy. 

UPDATED for 0.6.4.0

Attached File   camerasConsumer.xml   31.23K

camerasConsumer.xml

Edited by Pope_Shizzle

For the likes of us that have never used a Zoom Out mod (oh I use mods, but never zoom out) please give us a short sentence describing the benefits (or the need). As a photographer I would equate it with a wide-view angle lens; that means more field of view, but the objects are displayed further and tinier. If so, then what's the point?

Edited by alexf24

Well if you're lazy you could probably go copy IKU's thread & paste it in the OP.

For the likes of us that have never used a Zoom Out mod (oh I use mods, but never zoom out) please give us a short sentence describing the benefits (or the need). As a photographer I would equate it with a wide-view angle lens; that means more field of view, but the objects are displayed further and tinier. If so, then what's the point?

To see more of what's around you to have better situational awareness. Especially useful around islands and when your teammates are very close. I consider this essential. The default max zoom out, especially for destroyers when they are launching their torpedoes, is unforgivable. That's when you need to see around you the most, yet WG has you staring at the deck of your ship instead. It's the worst "perspective f***" I've experienced since Resident Evil on the PS1.

Thanks for keeping my work updated! I appreciate it, feel free to make any changes you seem fit if you'd like.

it cant work with 0.57

it will break with every patch or update. So just wait for an update

I apologize but I am not going to be able to update this mod anytime soon.  The file structure for the CamerasConsumer.xml has changed such that the relatively simple process of copying and pasting values from the new xml file isn't so simple anymore.  I suspect this has to do with the addition of the spectator camera for when you are dead.  Unless someone with a little more knowledge of the file structure is willing to do another update, such that I can continue to update once this major camera change has been factored in, I will not be able to continue to update IKU19's work.

I apologize but I am not going to be able to update this mod anytime soon.  The file structure for the CamerasConsumer.xml has changed such that the relatively simple process of copying and pasting values from the new xml file isn't so simple anymore.  I suspect this has to do with the addition of the spectator camera for when you are dead.  Unless someone with a little more knowledge of the file structure is willing to do another update, such that I can continue to update once this major camera change has been factored in, I will not be able to continue to update IKU19's work.

i try to  fix it ,it can work with 0.75. But I want invite you can check it if it has any bug

bty, I cant play this game if this mod lost. LOL

note :I have update new rev,  fix some bug by freedom view when ship sink

Edited by DNARK

Thanks for the revisions DNARK, been using it so far and haven't noticed any bugs. Haven't tried carrier though.

Can you shed some light on exactly what changes you had to make? I'm curious. I was thinking they'd just added some new options and parameters for the spectator camera, but from the sound of it it was more complicated than that.

Edit: Carrier camera doesn't work.

Edited by NKNKN

The carrier section of the file was removed, which means that its impossible to get the new values to insert into the old file structure.

I'll try to look into this & see if I can figure it out. I haven't touched this file really since I didn't feel the need to so I might or might not be successful in adding back carrier zoom.

Thanks for the revisions DNARK, been using it so far and haven't noticed any bugs. Haven't tried carrier though.

Can you shed some light on exactly what changes you had to make? I'm curious. I was thinking they'd just added some new options and parameters for the spectator camera, but from the sound of it it was more complicated than that.

Edit: Carrier camera doesn't work.

I use WinMerge software to check different between new file and old file. I never play cv, so thx for tell me . but I am not pro mod maker,so i  cant fix all bug.very sry.

note: new file in res file

Edited by DNARK

Great work DNARK! 

Have you tried combining it with the smoke ring mod?

Thanks!

I try to added some code in this mod ,but it cant work with smoke ring mod yet. So ..........

but the Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.7.0.03  done this job,you can download

Edited by DNARK

Updated with 0.5.8,but it cant fix with somke mod as game UI and serve will nothing show. I think wait for somke mod update

Edited by DNARK

Is still bugged for CV players?

yeah, I cant fix this bug as i cant find some code by CV zoom Edited by DNARK

Is still bugged for CV players?

I try to add code with new ver update, I dont play cv,so you can test wth cv

if it cant keep on work with cv  .so I only give up~~~

Edited by DNARK

Updated for 5.8.0.  Due to the change in WG's code, it is not possible (yet) to get the zoom back in place for carriers.  As such, carriers will use the default zoom levels.  Modified zoom levels are back in effect for all other ships.

So, I only have this mod installed and have been getting an error when trying to load into a game. I don't know if anyone else has had an issue with it or if I am an outlier. 

So, I only have this mod installed and have been getting an error when trying to load into a game. I don't know if anyone else has had an issue with it or if I am an outlier. 

I get the same crash.  That's odd.  It wasn't crashing earlier... Edited by Pope_Shizzle

Pope, its posted wierd for me. It opens HTML rather than downloads