Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainD_15

Hi from South Africa

13 comments in this topic

[TEOS]
Members
3 posts
2,537 battles

Hi everyone!

I am not exactly new to the forums, I've had the game since it's release and been a member since 2014, but due to building a new rig I haven't been able to play much until now!

I absolutely love warships (I'm an avid model builder, currently working on a Heller HMS Hood and then moving to an Academy Warspite, very excited!) and this game was right up at the top of my wishlist, f2p or not. It also happens to be my birthday today, on the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Jutland, which I find quite apt!

Anyway, I'm excited to be joining the community, apologies for the delayed introduction, but I look forward to many great battles with my fellow captains!

Edited by CaptainD_15
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Welcome .  :honoring:

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Welcome aboard Captain!

Just Out of curiosity, if in SA, why pick NA Server as opposed to EU which would be closer to your timezone? Ping is better maybe?

[TEOS]
Members
3 posts
2,537 battles

Thanks guys!

To answer the server question, I received advice from a friend when signing up to Wargaming that the NA server had a far better community, and that my ping would sit around 180 - 200 whichever server I joined. I also worried about the time zone issue, but I've found that I still get in to populated matches fairly quickly (never more than 1m30 wait for random battles, ping is always in the mentioned range and has never spiked), so it has not hindered me yet as I am still low tier (I have bought the Warspite though, absolutely love it!). My friends that I play with are on this server too.

I plan on moving to England in a couple of years though, but would be awesome if I could still use my NA account for fun and good companionship, and start an EU account for serious play (I'm going to study programming from next year and my aim is to get in to game development, warships are where I want to be at).

I hope this answers your questions, although not ideal it's still proving to be my best gaming experience so far! 

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Hi everyone!

I am not exactly new to the forums, I've had the game since it's release and been a member since 2014, but due to building a new rig I haven't been able to play much until now!

I absolutely love warships (I'm an avid model builder, currently working on a Heller HMS Hood and then moving to an Academy Warspite, very excited!) and this game was right up at the top of my wishlist, f2p or not. It also happens to be my birthday today, on the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Jutland, which I find quite apt!

Anyway, I'm excited to be joining the community, apologies for the delayed introduction, but I look forward to many great battles with my fellow captains!

Welcome as well, my fellow South African.

I wish I had the money to work on models, those things are expensive, because I have a 1/400 scale Yamato that's in my sight lol

~Hunter

[TEOS]
Members
3 posts
2,537 battles

Welcome as well, my fellow South African.

I wish I had the money to work on models, those things are expensive, because I have a 1/400 scale Yamato that's in my sight lol

~Hunter

Thanks Hunter!

Yes they are indeed lol. I have connections at a model shop so I tend to get them at good prices.

Yamato sounds awesome! I have a 1/200 Bismarck in the build queue, the hull is over a metre long. It really is an amazing hobby.

[I-4-I]
Members
8 posts
8,007 battles

South African? Yeah that's in the northern part of Virginia isn't it?

I think it's great to play a game that I love with people from all over the world.

Glad to have you!!!!!

[CHASE]
Members
1,119 posts
11,494 battles

Welcome fellow South African :) good to see you on NA warships

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Thanks Hunter!

Yes they are indeed lol. I have connections at a model shop so I tend to get them at good prices.

Yamato sounds awesome! I have a 1/200 Bismarck in the build queue, the hull is over a metre long. It really is an amazing hobby.

Haha nice. I have yet to find a Yamato of that scale. But even a 1/400 is damn huge, I don't have the shelf space, I'd have to build a new shelf just for her XD

Welcome fellow South African :) good to see you on NA warships

Dude, I never thought you were South African XD

~Hunter

Sign in to follow this