You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Richtofen

High Tier Domination

High Tier Domination  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Domination in high tiers is good?

• Yes, I think its perfectly fine.
    • No, I think it makes matchs end to quickly.
    • No, I dont like the game mode all together.
    • No, other.

7 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
3,949 battles

Hey all just wondering what people think about high tier domination? I'm not suggesting it should go or stay I just wanted to see what people thought.

I personally am not a big fan because I find that matches for me end so quickly because of many reasons and I prefer to be able to have a good fight rather then a quick win or loss.

Remember its just a opinion no one is right or wrong, and I am not trying to start a argument over how people play the game mode.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,154 battles

I prefer Domination mode over Standard mode any day.  I find the more objectives involved enhances the fun and gameplay experience.

• Cool 2

Members
5,202 posts

Admittedly, I've steered away from high tiers (T9-T10) recently due to the long range nature of the game. The sniping play style is one of the contributing factors to the slower pace of high tier games IMO. However, I'm not sure this should necessarily change. They need to make high tiers different in some way... you wouldn't want a Montana to be a reskinned New York, right?

With that said, I much prefer Domination over Standard Battle. As such, I think higher tier Domination is probably fine... but my opinion carries significantly less weight since I don't spend much time there.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
3,949 battles

Admittedly, I've steered away from high tiers (T9-T10) recently due to the long range nature of the game. The sniping play style is one of the contributing factors to the slower pace of high tier games IMO. However, I'm not sure this should necessarily change. They need to make high tiers different in some way... you wouldn't want a Montana to be a reskinned New York, right?

With that said, I much prefer Domination over Standard Battle. As such, I think higher tier Domination is probably fine... but my opinion carries significantly less weight since I don't spend much time there.

I think I agree with you because I haven't made it to 9 or 10 yet but I'm playing a lot of my NC and end up being pushed into those upper matches and find the "stay away from each other and ring around the rosie" on the map becoming a killer for me to play her. Which makes me sad cause I love the NC so much and had awesome games in her in closed beta.
Edited by Dr_Richtofen

Alpha Tester
697 posts
8,544 battles

I like it because it forces you to do something instead of sit back and lob shells. If you want to win you have to capture something and advance. 

Beta Testers
169 posts
1,623 battles

I like it better than stay in the back and snipe standard battles. There is a need too move up some in order to cap. I am a very aggressive player and I hate sitting in the back and shooting at max range.

[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,726 battles

I'd rather that they kept both game modes, and added others, like Encounter/Zone, to more maps.  The game desperately needs all the variety it can get.  And I don't think that Standard mode is nearly as bad as some think.