NikoPower

Where do you prefer to get your patch note update information?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Please vote   414 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to find your patch notes

• On the Portal
    • On the Forums
    • Both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Over the past few patches, a there have been comments about patch notes appearing here vs on the portal. So I would like to get your feedback. Please vote in the poll above where YOU would rather see these patch notes.

I rather see them both here and on Portal. So this way it will alert people more about upcoming patchs. I mean not everyone read the forums, but they do read the news on their launcher

Both would be nice and preferably the night before the patch instead of the morning of.

Thanks for asking for our opinions though, 'tis great to know that you consider what players want.

I mean not everyone read the forums, but they do read the news on their launcher

Many™ don't read the launcher either

Both, I normally look at the portal quickly for a over view then come to the forum to read in detail about it because for me the font is easier to read.

Ideally both. But I spend more time on the forums than the portal, so if I had to pick I would pick forums.

Also, why did you make it so that I can pick all three options in the poll at the same time? :)

What exactly is "the Portal"?

The main website.

Of course it would be best if it gets posted on both, but if I had to chose only one, I'd prefer it being posted on the website. Stuff posted on the website are usually shown on the launcher too, and that's the place where I think we should see the important news about the game.

Both.  Portal articles disappear overtime and are hard to reference say, six months or a year later.  When discussing the evolution of the game, being able to accurately say when a change occurred is of paramount importance.  The forums has a better (but not perfect) archive system.  However, much of the player population never visits the forums so having it available on the main site is invaluable too to disseminate the information more broadly.

The only thing that bothers me about getting notification of a new patch is that sometimes I can look at the support page and find out one is coming BEFORE it is announced here or on the Portal .

Still and all both would be best as the Major and Bellgareth said .

Both is better, and as said above, the day before instead of after is better too. For some reason we find often earlier from the EU portal than NA (0.5.6.1 was no exception). You guys need to be more proactive.

Edited by alexf24

I mean not everyone read the forums, but they do read the news on their launcher

Sorry but thanks so much for the laugh :)    Some people don't even notice that when they log in theres an update even when it's 10 meg.   The days after 5.6 were amazing..  whats this dotted line on my minimap..  why this, why that..   I agree they might but they do just made me splatter my coffee all over my desk and now I have to clean up..  but as I say  thanks for the laugh :)

M

I personally prefer them on the forums so we can discuss them, but I do think they should be on both. So that people that don't check the forums 3-5 times a day like I do or even once a day will always see the patch notes too.

Niko, both locations are best, as some players visit the forums first; and most. Example, some players away from home will visit the forums instead of main page. (At least, I do that.)

Both Worldofwarships.com and Forum.worldofwarships.com 

Thank you for your feedback everyone. This is most helpful.

I rather see them both here and on Portal. 

^^ was just getting ready to ask about "both" Well said Major 

edit: damn, that's fast!  I think the poll options literally changed while I was typing the above.  :honoring:

Edited by EliasSims

Why isn't, "Before the patch." a possible selection here?

Or, "When the Test server goes live."

That's what I want.

Also, by "forums" do you mean completely neglecting to put an announcement up on the portal? Or just keeping the portal page very limited and linking it to the patch notes here?

I agree with the people who say both!

personally I like to see a brief patch note news announcement on the website with the videos that have Dasha, but I prefer to read my patch notes on the forum. my only gripe about the patch notes being posted on the forum is that they intially are posted in the News & Announcement forum until the next patch is on its way out, at which point it gets dropped into the Patch Notes forum. If you have a Forum section named Patch Notes, personally that's where I will go to see the patch notes and when they aren't there it makes that section seem pointless.

That's my 2 cents on the matter

Well considering the latest patch notes in this forum is at 5.5 and we are now on 5.61...it would be nice to get them here on-time.

What would be awesome is having an in-game link to a Big List of all updates, most recent shown first.