Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Question to Alpha and Beta guys.

19 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,851 battles

So I noticed that when I came back, that I had alpha testing token and flag. But I never alpha tested. 

I signed up for it way back when(notice my early join date) but don't remember seeing an invite, nor was I able to play alpha. Did I miss something? Did other weekend testers did an alpha token? Or did I get accepted to Alpha test, but just missed the email for it?

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

So I noticed that when I came back, that I had alpha testing token and flag. But I never alpha tested. 

I signed up for it way back when(notice my early join date) but don't remember seeing an invite, nor was I able to play alpha. Did I miss something? Did other weekend testers did an alpha token? Or did I get accepted to Alpha test, but just missed the email for it?

Appreciate, you lucky bugger. Some people who were bets testers got the Alpha flag. Not all though

[SOUP]
Members
9,386 posts

SHHHHHHH!!! Don't let WG know! They might take it aw... wait... they're not Gaijin... Nevermind!

• Cool 1

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

From my understanding, there are 4 groups of testers. Super Testers, but they don't count for this,

Alpha testers, who have the alpha tester tag,

Weekend testers, a lucky few who got in prior to the closed beta test, and IIRC, also have the alpha tester tag.

And then Closed Beta Testers, who have the beta tester tag.

From your forum tag, it seems you are just one of the lucky ones who got the CAT tag by mistake.

4,191 posts
12,721 battles

As far as I can tell we got it for being Weekend Closed Beta testers . Because in actuality those two weekends where still technically in  the Closed Alpha Test time period .

• Cool 1

[BTD]
1,253 posts
5,851 battles

As far as I can tell we got it for being Weekend Closed Beta testers . Because in actuality those two weekends where still technically in  the Closed Alpha Test time period .

But there is also a CBT flag and token, which I also have. 
Edited by mustangman6579

4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Yep same here . However we still got the Alpha too . Why I am not sure as some did not get it .  L-Typo ( iirc ) did not get an Alpha flag and he is an Alpha tester so .... WG ; go figure.

[WWUSB]
Alpha Tester
407 posts
2,197 battles

But there is also a CBT flag and token, which I also have. 

If you got the Alpha flag and token, you get all subsequent tester flags and tokens after it, excluding the supertesters... which im not sure if they even have a flag

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

I was a BW and got Alpha but I know guys that were CBT and got Alpha too. I think it may be those that played enough battles to get the Ark Beta got the flag. Oh and Potato yes ST has a flag too.

[ZIPPO]
155 posts
3,558 battles

From my understanding, there are 4 groups of testers. Super Testers, but they don't count for this,

Alpha testers, who have the alpha tester tag,

Weekend testers, a lucky few who got in prior to the closed beta test, and IIRC, also have the alpha tester tag.

And then Closed Beta Testers, who have the beta tester tag.

From your forum tag, it seems you are just one of the lucky ones who got the CAT tag by mistake.

I was a weekend Beta tester, but I didn't receive the Alpha flag.....:(

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

I was a weekend Beta tester, but I didn't receive the Alpha flag.....:(

If you have proof, file a ticket. You may get it.

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,337 battles

There's a Beta flag? Where might I find this? (I know it's not painted on the bottom of my Arkansas beta, I would have noticed :-P )

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

If you did a beta weekend at all and did enough battles, they gave you an alpha flag.

[TIKI_]
Beta Testers
504 posts
6,457 battles

^^  That sounds logical.  I fly the Alpha flag all the time (except for right now while i'm flying the Military Month Flag, which amazingly didn't go away with yesterday's patch :unsure:)

I was not an Alpha tester, but i did participate in both Weekend tests . . . good times . . . . . good times...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

There's a Beta flag? Where might I find this? (I know it's not painted on the bottom of my Arkansas beta, I would have noticed :-P )

when you click on "exterior" in your port for any ship, you will see three tabs:  Camouflage, Signals and Flags.  your CBT flag should be under the "Flags" tab and can be mounted on any or all ships.

[WOLFX]
1,519 posts
5,337 battles

Sweet, I was unaware. Thanks.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

^^  That sounds logical.  I fly the Alpha flag all the time (except for right now while i'm flying the Military Month Flag, which amazingly didn't go away with yesterday's patch :unsure:)

I was not an Alpha tester, but i did participate in both Weekend tests . . . good times . . . . . good times...

There is a seperate beta weekend flag. 

[TIKI_]
Beta Testers
504 posts
6,457 battles

There is a seperate beta weekend flag. 

And I have that one (and the CBT Flag too), but there are no bonuses associated with the BW flag, so i fly the Alpha flag . . . 

Sign in to follow this