You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

So..... The 2nd round of ARP missions is finally coming (June 6th)

59 comments in this topic

[VX9]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
327 posts
5,101 battles

So it begins. I will lose even more sleep this time around. Should be fun,

Alpha Tester
523 posts
8,765 battles

R.I.P sleep time to stack up on snacks coca-cola  ( drink not the drug ) and time to get my blanket and lock my door cause im gonna be aiming to get it as fast as possible!!!!

Edited by Hyoudou_Issei_The_RDE

Members
1,451 posts
11,035 battles

Less than a month time. How many mission will be in? I'm alraid of my sleep thing and weekends....

but I like it!!!!

Edited by Takamachi_Nanoha_sg

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Looks like they're not also going to jointly run the Red Krimea event, at least on the NA server.  Russia's Q&A mentioned a Project R-like event to award Red Krimea to all players who complete it (probably followed by a sale of the ship proper after) for the latter half of June, at least on the RU server.

Would have been nice if they could run both at the same time; knock them both out for the players wanting both, or letting the anti-ARP players simply focus on finishing Red Krimea's event.

Members
20 posts
1,342 battles

I'm relatively new to the game and have never participated in an Arpeggio event. Are there prizes to win other than signals, flags, and credits like regular missions? 

Members
1,451 posts
11,035 battles

I'm relatively new to the game and have never participated in an Arpeggio event. Are there prizes to win other than signals, flags, and credits like regular missions? 

Free ships!!! And captains!!! From the Anime

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Different ARP reskins of either Kongou or Myoko (I think this one is all just Kongou reskins).  Each of them have a unique ARP Captain that can only be used with ARP ships that can also be earned (if they're not gained along with the ship).  If this is combining some of the EU and Asia versions of the events, then one of those Captains is a 15 Point Hiei, after a lengthy grind.  The ARP ships are part of an "ARP Nation", and only ARP captains can be used on other ARP ships without retraining, despite the ones in-game currently being only IJN ships.

Possible ARP ships:  Haruna, Hiei, Kirishima (all 3 are Kongou-class), and maybe Haguro (Myoko-class).

Possible ARP Captains:  Haruna, Hiei, Kirishima, maybe Haguro, and maybe Iona.  Yes, they're all named after their ship, except Iona, since no one is going to get to play with I-401 (regardless of Cruiser form or Submarine form).

NOTE:  THE SHIPS WILL NOT BE VISIBLE IF YOU DO NOT USE THE YOKOSUKA PORT.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

sweet! Lets just hope my computer doesn't blow up again! its broken down 3 weeks in a row!:amazed:

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

BTW, any word if the new set that's coming have any added benifits such as additional income or extra captain EXP? or are they like the last batch of only  having the honor of looking like a European 80's night club?:hmm:

Edited by BladedPheonix

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

I know we don't have details yet, but what kind of missions were involved last time?

Is this a viable way to get one of those ships, or would the tech tree grind be easier/faster?

Do the have any extra benefits beyond just looking different?

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

BTW, any word if the new set that's coming have any added benifits such as additional income or extra captain EXP? or are they like the last batch of only  having the honor of looking like a European 80's night club?:hmm:

If you're asking if the ARP ships will have a built-in Premium-like bonus, probably not.  WG has been reluctant when asked, to add such to the ships despite them all having to be worked for (like other Event ships).  They don't get any sort of built-in Camo bonus either.

And if you're asking if they're not going to have tribal patterns and bright colors, you are going to be disappointed, as their colors are taken straight from the anime.  Haruna is a Yellow Kongou, Kirishima is a Green Kongou, Hiei is a bright Crimson/Pink, and Haguro is a slightly darker Crimson.  Sadly, no Takao for a nice Red or Blue color, nor Manga Maya, in her lovely golden orange color (preferable over Anime Maya's color).

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

If you're asking if the ARP ships will have a built-in Premium-like bonus, probably not.  WG has been reluctant when asked, to add such to the ships despite them all having to be worked for (like other Event ships).  They don't get any sort of Camo bonus either.

And if you're asking if they're not going to have tribal patterns and bright colors, you are going to be disappointed, as their colors are taken straight from the anime.  Haruna is a Yellow Kongou, Kirishima is a Green Kongou, Hiei is a bright Crimson/Pink, and Haguro is a slightly darker Crimson.  Sadly, no Takao for a nice Red or Blue color, nor Manga Maya, in her lovely golden orange color.

I know what to expect form their apearance, I've watched the anime and have read most of the manga series.( manga's way better BTW):aqua:

Still no bonuses eh? oh well I'll just mount that triangular american flag with the 5% bonuses on them then. It won't be much, but it'll be better than nothing I guess.:sceptic:

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I know what to expect form their apearance, I've watched the anime and have read most of the manga series.( manga's way better BTW):aqua:

Still no bonuses eh? oh well I'll just mount that triangular american flag with the 5% bonuses on them then. It won't be much, but it'll be better than nothing I guess.:sceptic:

Fair enough; just wasn't 100% sure you may have seen the anime (and I agree the manga is far superior).  So I'll let the post remain for those unfamiliar with ARP ships. :teethhappy:

And yes, I'm also disappointed at the lack of a bonus, even if it's just a mere +50% XP gain like other Premiums, such as Kamikaze R (which involved an event almost as long just to earn for free, if not buying after).  It would have been simple for them to just add a built-in "ARP Camo"; just an invisible camo layer that adds the same as a Premium Camo.

• Cool 1

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles

I know we don't have details yet, but what kind of missions were involved last time?

Is this a viable way to get one of those ships, or would the tech tree grind be easier/faster?

Do the have any extra benefits beyond just looking different?

ARP Kongo: Kill 30 Cruisers, Shoot Down 150 Aircraft, Do 1,000,000 damage @ Tier V or Higher

ARP Myoko: Kill 30 Destroyers, Set 300 Fires, Do 1,000,000 damage @ Tier VII or Higher

The missions after this on the EU and SEA servers were tamed down quite a bit, usually just a certain amount of damage or a certain number of ribbons as the missions above tended to cause abnormal play.  i.e., Kill stealing cruisers/destroyers, using HE for fires when it wasn't optimal, etc.

I imagine the next set of missions will be damage targets or ribbon count targets only.  Thousands of ribbons (you get 1 per hit for example) isn't too hard.  A few hundred thousand damage also isn't too bad.

Unfortunately June 6th is probably when the next SEA missions start too ... two servers at once...doh.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Nice to know those will be starting back up soon. My boats are ready.

Also, Major, wouldn't the image make more sense if it was this instead? :P

7SYTDh9.jpg?1

0 posts

I wonder what interesting ships will be added this event, I'm honestly curious if they will be more Kongou's, or a new Fog-design ship. 

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles

I wonder what interesting ships will be added this event, I'm honestly curious if they will be more Kongou's, or a new Fog-design ship. 

It will be one more of:

ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna (Kongo class) or ARP Haguro (Myoko class)

The stated in the Q&A more Arpeggio content would be coming later, but those ships above are the ones released on other servers previously.  We have to play catch up first :D

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

I need to make this suggestion again.  National Captain voices for all nations.... with SUBTITLES.   P.S.  give Arp ship Subtitles too plz

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Krishima, and Hiei IIRC this time. More Kongo sisters. Sadly I wanted Takao.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

Fair enough; just wasn't 100% sure you may have seen the anime (and I agree the manga is far superior).  So I'll let the post remain for those unfamiliar with ARP ships. :teethhappy:

And yes, I'm also disappointed at the lack of a bonus, even if it's just a mere +50% XP gain like other Premiums, such as Kamikaze R (which involved an event almost as long just to earn for free, if not buying after).  It would have been simple for them to just add a built-in "ARP Camo"; just an invisible camo layer that adds the same as a Premium Camo.

most manga's are, they are usually better at explaining things in more detail and aren't limited usually by a budget like anime studios are.

Like that camo suggestion you mentioned, maybe WG will consider it if enough people got behind it!:great:

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

At least 3 more Kongous and at least 1 more Myoko for sure.

If they intend to expand to manga territory there are at least:

1 Kagero-class

2 More Myoko-class

3 Takao-class

2 Ise-class

1 Nagato-class

2 Yamato-class

1 Shokaku-class

1 Iowa-class

1 Lexington-class

1 Bismarck-class

1 Renown-class (Repulse)

1 V-class (Vampire)

Generic Fog Fletcher-class

Generic Fog Nagara-class (2 named for Model kits; Natori and Yura)

And a few others I missed; most of them either light cruisers or destroyers.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

At least 3 more Kongous and at least 1 more Myoko for sure.

If they intend to expand to manga territory there are at least:

1 Kagero-class

2 Ise-class

3 Takao-class

2 Yamato-class

1 Shokaku-class

1 Iowa-class

1 Lexington-class

1 Bismarck-class

1 Renown-class (Repulse)

1 V-class (Vampire)

2 More Myoko-class

Generic Fog Fletcher-class

Generic Fog Nagara-class (2 named for Model kits; Natori and Yura)

And a few others I missed; most of them either light cruisers or destroyers.

Also an Iowa class and Essex class and a few others.