Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
I_Want_More_Cits

Benson Review

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Any non-premium reviews were probably done a long time ago, and wouldn't be useful in the current game. Can't say i've ever noticed a non-premium review...other than complaints/brag.

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

It went from my most hated ship pre-buff to one of my favorite ship post-buff and that's my review, go buy it!

• Cool 1

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Benson = Pure Sex

Only with your pants on (or off if that's how you play this game....)

• Cool 1

Members
75 posts
4,519 battles

Benson is a fun little boat. The RoF on the guns is very nice buts the arcs are pretty bad so it's be hard to land hits from long range. Sometimes you need to hang back and pester enemy BBs/CAs with HE. Others, you get in close and brawl other DDs. You can win a gun duel vs all dds your tier or lower as long as you're close range. IJN DDs of all tiers are easy kills for you if you can get close, just watch out for their torps in knife fights. Don't fight RU DDs from long range and do not chase them. They will dodge most of your shells while kiting backwards and will hit you far more often. You can stealth fire torps, so use this to surprise people who don't know you're there. If CAs give you broadside near you(around 6km or less) use AP. You'll get plenty of citadels and penetrations. Beware of radar and sonar, since those can and will get you killed if you aren't careful. Overall, Benson is very much a jack of all trades ship. Learn to play her to her strengths and you'll have tons of fun and be very successful.

Edited by Quazzaz

[WORST]
Members
66 posts
6,433 battles

It's pretty OP. Lowest detection range in its class (well, a fraction away from the Fubuki, which is meaningless), and guns that allow you to sit out side of detection range and spam on BB's and cruisers. Its drawback is supposed to be the high arc and time to target of its shells. That would indeed be a hinderance....if it actually ran the risk of being detected when it shot. As it is you have all the time you need to dial in the range as you can't be seen, and that largely eliminates any drawback with the gun arc. If you die in this boat, you screwed up, or you simply ran out of team mates.

Save using a smoke screen,nothing should be able to fire undetected, yet that's a key feature of this boat.

It's a very fun ship, and eventhough I suck I manage to do ok in this one. That alone suggests it desperately needs a clobbering with the nerf bat.

[JAJAS]
Members
2,897 posts
17,138 battles

It's a great boat for guys that aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Sign in to follow this