You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_VCM_

Premium Ships & Commander Skills

13 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
6,897 battles

Hi Everyone !

Please excuse my ignorance, I have a few prem ships and after doing a little reading, I think I am not taking advantage of the bonuses that come along with them. More specifically 'commander training'.

I am  trying to grind away with my Iowa in order to increase its captain's skills... currently 16 points.

I have the premium Texas who's captain has currently 12 skill points.

Am I correct in thinking that if I were to transfer my Iowa captain to the Texas, I will be able to speed up that commander's skills, then transfer him back to the Iowa without retraining?

Bearing in mind my average exp per ship is:

Texas: 922

Iowa: 1217

Thanks in Advance ;)

Edited by VCM_SCK

Members
11 posts

The ship has kamo , which enhances the experience of the fight, but I think he still does not compensate for that on the Iowa you going to do it anymore.

Edited by Berry_Tiger

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Base xp + premium will out do the Iowa xp. There is no penalty for running a captain in a Premium. You can even retrain a captain in the premium, after starting the retrain in whatever ship, and not have to deal with a penalty.

No real reason to ever have a dedicated Premium captain.

• Cool 1

Members
33 posts
6,897 battles

yes

retraining or simply pumping ?

Pumping?

I basically want to speed up the time it takes for my Iowa commander to obtain more exp (skill) points

Members
11 posts

Pumping?

I basically want to speed up the time it takes for my Iowa commander to obtain more exp (skill) points

google translate:teethhappy:

the difference is not great

post-1018461104-0-54009600-1464747091.jp

l_29aa48a0.jpg

Edited by Berry_Tiger

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

yes 

you can put the Iowa Captain into the Texas for an extra x1.5 per day

but more to the point, its also an extra +30% due to the special camoflage that comes with it.

also... you can put your Iowa in ANY OTHER USN PREMIUN (not just Battleships) and they still operate it without penalty - though the skills are different ;

at some point you may want to go down the US  cruiser or DD or CV line, just retrain the (old) Texas capt to another class for silver/credits and then train them up to full capacity in the Texas - no need for that training to have gone to waste

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

Pumping?

I put my Montana captain (in my NM for team battles atm) in all my premiums for the first day win bonus, it is working pretty good.  Will do it for all my high tier captains, hell, I even put my Hindenburg captain on the Emden and now Tirpitz for the extra bonus, that and flags.  Then just do well every match....speeds things up some.

Members
33 posts
6,897 battles

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just looking at the camo on these ships, noticed the Iowa gets +100% XP vs Texas @ +30%

Now I'm even more confused.

May be better off leaving my Iowa captain where he is?

fiMvB2y.jpg

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Just looking at the camo on these ships, noticed the Iowa gets +100% XP vs Texas @ +30%

fiMvB2y.jpg

If you bought that over priced perm camo, then yes, stick with the Iowa...

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

you can move them around as often as you like for no penalty

IOWA camo you purchased is a premium in addition to  IOWA for extra dubloons, many many extra dubloons - that is a big bonus

TEXAS camo came with it as part of the purchase price - remember TEXAS also prints money, lots and lots of it, even on a loss (unless you have mounted ALL 3 premium consumables)

when you get to tier X you can retrain the captain for that in the TEXAS

Edited by husband

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,675 battles

If you really want to grind that Iowa captain, sail him every day in Iowa and in Texas, to get those first win bonuses on both for him.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

yes 

you can put the Iowa Captain into the Texas for an extra x1.5 per day

but more to the point, its also an extra +30% due to the special camoflage that comes with it.

also... you can put your Iowa in ANY OTHER USN PREMIUN (not just Battleships) and they still operate it without penalty - though the skills are different ;

at some point you may want to go down the US  cruiser or DD or CV line, just retrain the (old) Texas capt to another class for silver/credits and then train them up to full capacity in the Texas - no need for that training to have gone to waste

This.  I recently decided to power level a few of my Russian captains to get Concealment Expert on my cruisers and DDs.  I did so by exploiting my premium ships:  Play the Schors for exp bonus, then move to Molotov.  From Molotov to Murmansk.  From Murmansk to Gremyachy.  From Gremyachy to Imperator Nikolai I, from Nik to Aurora and from Aurora to Diana.  That's a lot of exp bonuses all going to the same captains. I tended to run flags as well.  I got two captains from low 14 point captains to 15 points in a week using this method.