Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
urk_the_red

Question on Tashkent

14 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Members
246 posts
6,727 battles

I finally got a 15 point captain with my Tashkent.  Been running what I think of as the shoot em' up config: BFT, AFT, DE, SA, LS, and SI with acquisition module.  Is it worth switching to a stealth config by dropping DE and BFT and moving to concealment module?  I'm reluctant to lose the extra firepower, but interested in improved torpedo ambushes. Do y'all like one, the other, or something in-between?  Thoughts?

Edited by urk_the_red

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Russian destroyer guns are really good, so having a gun build works well even at high tier.  My recommendation is to have Basic Firing Training (for faster firing), Situational Awareness (to know when you are detected), Last Stand (making a getaway), Superintendent (for more engine boosts and smoke screens), Demolition Expert (the guns have a scary good fire chance), and Advanced Firing Training (because the guns don't have bad velocities like the USN 5"/38 so you can snipe)

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles
  • Cool 1

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I go CE on my VMF DDs so I can stealth fire and disgengage when i need to.

[-N-]
Members
246 posts
6,727 battles

Thanks for the info.   I've looked at those before but I guess I was looking for something a little more Tash specific. 

p.s.

If you're trying to eliminate all threads that have similar content, I understand where you're coming from, but you're fighting a losing battle in a never ending war.

[-N-]
Members
246 posts
6,727 battles

What do you want to do with your Russkie DD? Your interests drive your direction.

I've been running heavy on gun mods, but I'm curious about people's experiences with concealment builds.

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

I've been running heavy on gun mods, but I'm curious about people's experiences with concealment builds.

If you want to shoot at non-DD boats, a pure gunboat setup is good. A concealment build makes capping and DD rundowns easier to achieve.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles

p.s.

If you're trying to eliminate all threads that have similar content, I understand where you're coming from, but you're fighting a losing battle in a never ending war.

No, I'm just don't want to re-type my relevant thoughts when they're not that hard to dig up.

[-N-]
Members
246 posts
6,727 battles

No, I'm just don't want to re-type my relevant thoughts when they're not that hard to dig up.

Fair enough, didn't mean to attack. I was just drunk and grumpy after losing a hockey game last night.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

full concealment with CE brings it down to 7.2km concealment.   not sure if its worth losing other abilities though.   with tash, you need to be shooting most of the time.      aft and de are both good ability to have.  

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,323 battles

I have had good luck with concealment,  I just like to have the ability to engage and disengage.  Still get solid damage with out DE.  

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,061 battles

The moment you open fire, you're detected aren't you?  Except within a very narrow window?

If I ever get to 15 points in my Kiev, I'm going to double up on DE & AFT and add BFT instead of concealment.  Burn 'em at long distance and quickly.

Members
707 posts
6,036 battles

Tash concealment can only go as low as 7.4 km with all upgrades, captain skills and camo.

Tash has a very narrow stealth fire window, ~1 km. It's there but difficult to work with when the margins are that low.

Sign in to follow this