Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
oberstwake

Can we get an Achievement for Exceptional Performance in a Loss?

46 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
100 posts
13,394 battles

Case in point, the game below that I just finished (pics below).  The ending sucked, just a Benson running from me out of detection to stay alive long enough to win by 60 points at 20 mins.  After all that effort, WG should have a "Courageous Resistance" acheivement or something similar (XP bump) to help augment games like this where you work your @$$ off and still end up on the losing team.

shot-16.05.31_13.14.57-0696_zpsodqufnj1.shot-16.05.31_13.15.11-0706_zpsdnrofxei.shot-16.05.31_13.15.04-0778_zpstfmgvssu.

Maybe this is just me needing to vent, but I feel it would soften the blow if WG at least recognized exceptional work on the defeated side as well.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
4,302 posts
7,932 battles

Case in point, the game below that I just finished (pics below).  The ending sucked, just a Benson running from me out of detection to stay alive long enough to win by 60 points at 20 mins.  After all that effort, WG should have a "Courageous Resistance" acheivement or something similar (XP bump) to help augment games like this where you work your @$$ off and still end up on the losing team.

shot-16.05.31_13.14.57-0696_zpsodqufnj1.shot-16.05.31_13.15.11-0706_zpsdnrofxei.shot-16.05.31_13.15.04-0778_zpstfmgvssu.

Maybe this is just me needing to vent, but I feel it would soften the blow if WG at least recognized exceptional work on the defeated side as well.

In WoT at least if you get a battle acheivement you get the credit and XP bonus for a victory. Don't know if that's the case here or not.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
100 posts
13,394 battles

no thats [edited]stupid as crap

And that is a real quality contribution to the discussion...thanks.
  • Cool 2

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

WG has mentioned they will be adding in more achievements eventually, albeit that was in response to a question on the RU forums involving adding Steel Wall and Scout medals for WoWS

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

i wish something like that could happen, could encourage people to try harder

It really doesn't. 

Yes OP, you had a good-even great game, but you can't win them all. Just be happy with the profits you raked in

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

And that is a real quality contribution to the discussion...thanks.

no problem anytime

Members
83 posts
73 battles

Did you use HE tbe entire round or what lol. 11 fires and only one citidel..

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

WG has mentioned they will be adding in more achievements eventually

Most non-repetative forum whine threads in one day

Most Submarine threads posted without getting a forum ban

Got TK'ed the most times in one day by ramming allied ships

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Did you use HE tbe entire round or what lol. 11 fires and only one citidel..

Secondary Shells fired: 277 HE

Members
83 posts
73 battles

Secondary Shells fired: 277 HE

I know, but idk as a BB player I normally rank my match by number of crit hits. It seems hard to get 66 hits with only 1 crit lol. You'd think you would randomly roll at least 1 crit every 20 hits 

Edited by 89Abo

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Looks to me like you already got achievements for exceptional performance -- Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, etc. What more do you want?

• Cool 1

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I know, but idk as a BB player I normally rank my match by number of crit hits. It seems hard to get 66 hits with only 1 crit lol. You'd think you would randomly roll at least 1 crit every 20 hits 

To be honest: not always. Citadels are orgasmic and multi citadel salvos make my toes curl, but some games either the dispersion or enemy turns just leave you unable to get many. That's when you start relying on being able to do lots of non over penetrating shots and secondary fires to deal your damage

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Standard pens also add up. 3 pens is equal to a citadel hit. All you really need to concern yourself with is damage caused. Citadels just rack it up faster, but standard pens still rack up quite a bit.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Looks to me like you already got achievements for exceptional performance -- Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, etc. What more do you want?

OP wants a courageous resistance EXP bonus so their base exp and income also gets a 50% boost like they actually won. It can feel insulting when you know that by and far- you out performed both teams but for all your efforts, you still lost. 

Despite knowing how annoying this can be, it's still a loss, so I believe that there shouldn't be any extra rewards than what OP already got. 

[BUN]
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

Not to sound like a jerk, but you realize that your base XP put you third on the other team, right?

With matches like that, the only Stat that's going to take a fall is winrate, your usual moving and shooting stats are still okay. No need to panic! 

• Cool 1

Members
83 posts
73 battles

To be honest: not always. Citadels are orgasmic and multi citadel salvos make my toes curl, but some games either the dispersion or enemy turns just leave you unable to get many. That's when you start relying on being able to do lots of non over penetrating shots and secondary fires to deal your damage

Makes sense its probably because he only went after BBs. Even in a BB its hard to pen another  BB.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Makes sense its probably because he only went after BBs. Even in a BB its hard to pen another  BB.

Some BBs tend to be easier to citadel. An Amagi trying to shoot a full salvo comes to mind. 

And then there's ships like the Tirpitz who are notoriously hard to citadel. But my bread and butter is always trying to get consistent penetrations

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I think if you carried your team massively and still lost you should be given an achievement and the victory multiplier.

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

so their base exp and income also gets a 50% boost like they actually won

He didn't win though. He lost. It's a team game, not a deathmatch. I don't think anybody on the losing team should be getting extra bonuses for playing well, besides the XP/cash for whatever damage/capping they did.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

He didn't win though. He lost. It's a team game, not a deathmatch. I don't think anybody on the losing team should be getting extra bonuses for playing well, besides the XP/cash for whatever damage/capping they did.

I feel the same way. However since courageous resistance is in tanks, it will likely stowaway aboard this ship 

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Sometimes there is nothing you can do to make your team win.

When you score 1500 and no one else is over 500, what else could you have done?

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

Why not a 10% more XP/credits to the top 3 (must have over 1100 base XP)?

Sign in to follow this