Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SPACEDUDE71

being spotted coming around an obstacle.

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

when coming around an island the game says im spotted but the ship spotting me isnt shown on screen for a sec or two. so basically the whole ship appears at once. it should appear bow first as its coming around.

this isnt about concealment or stealth. it happens with every ship.

u are spotted then poof the bb appears 5k away.

i dont have a slow pc.

is the games rendering engine slow?

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

This is an intentional game mechanic and it works the same for everyone. It's deeply rooted in how concealment and detection works in World of Tanks, for better or for worse. Essentially, detection is binary (either something is detected or not) and based off of distance, line of sight and certain consumables.

[CREDO]
Members
53 posts
17,569 battles

So, you're asking for a percentage of detection?  Crazy coding for something like that..

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

I just find it weird how they spot me first even though the same island is blocking both of us and no one else is around.  Am I moving too fast?

I mean, if we were to spot each other at the same time, wouldn't the hidden ship visibly appear before the SA indicator announces that I'm spotted?  

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

I think it's to counter the effect of running in and out of smoke for split seconds at a time.  You just remain hidden even though the system can technically see you, it doesn't render on screen.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

What I find infuriating is when I am no longer spotted but enemies are still clearly seeing and shooting at me for ~10 seconds after my SA indicator has turned off.

I never had this happening before the patch. Not like this. Prior it was clearly guessed shots but now they clearly still see me and the shots are incredibly accurate even though my captain skill insists they do not and should not have such dead-on aim for shots that left their barrels after I should have disappeared.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

when coming around an island the game says im spotted but the ship spotting me isnt shown on screen for a sec or two. so basically the whole ship appears at once. it should appear bow first as its coming around.

this isnt about concealment or stealth. it happens with every ship.

u are spotted then poof the bb appears 5k away.

i dont have a slow pc.

is the games rendering engine slow?

I haven't noticed this 

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

It has to do with spotting locations and visibility spots, each ship has spots on it where if there is line of sight between that point and an enemy ship's spotting points you will get spotted. There are also points on your ship where you spot from so those points have to be in the line of sight of the enemy ship for you to spot the ship. If you are say coming around an island and there is another ship on the other side of the island your bow comes out first getting you spotted but you cant spot the enemy ship until the forward spotting point of your ship is within line of sight as well. (I believe that point is usually the forward turret but could be wrong) You can mitigate the issue somewhat by coming around the island sharply angled to minimize that time between when you are spotted and when you spot the enemy ship but its just another reason why chasing things around islands is a terrible idea. 

Basically if the enemy ship can see your bow but their ship is not in line of sight your spotting locations you are detected but they are not.

There is also a currently a bug where SA is not synced with when you are actually spotted or become invisible, its a couple seconds off. You can see it in game by watching the spotting range circle on the minimap take 3 more seconds to shrink if you were spotted because you fired. 

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

What I find infuriating is when I am no longer spotted but enemies are still clearly seeing and shooting at me for ~10 seconds after my SA indicator has turned off.

I never had this happening before the patch. Not like this. Prior it was clearly guessed shots but now they clearly still see me and the shots are incredibly accurate even though my captain skill insists they do not and should not have such dead-on aim for shots that left their barrels after I should have disappeared.

I have noticed this as well.  

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

I hate to tinfoil hat it but I'm seeing very similar things happening. Given a total absence of perspective when aiming and I keep getting plugged... Two, three salvoes after? With asdw hacks? Something "feels" different about that. 

Sign in to follow this