You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BossmanSlim

Which premium cruiser?

Pick a cruiser  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Molotov
    • Indianapolis

44 comments in this topic

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

If you could have only the Molotov or Indianapolis, which would you choose?

Edited by BossmanSlim

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

A frighteningly fast RU cruiser with T9 rifles with godlike gun handling at tier 6, or a mediocre USN cruiser that barely manages to be on par with other underwhelming USN cruisers. Hmmmm. Tough choice.

• Cool 7

[_TWP_]
Members
611 posts
6,839 battles

Are you asking which one I would buy for myself (or choose if offered a gift)? Or are you asking which one I would recommend?

I would prefer Indianapolis for myself ... but I would never recommend it over Molotov.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I haven't even played my Indy yet, but I already know Molotov will be stronger. Lert basically nails it (as per usual lol).

Edited by Captain_Dorja

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,380 battles

I have both, I agree with the posts above. Molotov is a better ship, but both have good guns and meh armor (well Molotov cannot even be considered armor).

Are you looking for something strong?

Fun?

Or a Premium Captain Trainer?

I would recommend Molotov over Indianapolis unless you are looking for a USN trainer. That might point to your choice.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

Ahistorically strong Russian cruiser or a kinda meh American cruiser. 

Its a tough decision. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

To be fair, one has to mention that the mediocre USN cruiser has a very nice but situational and unprecedented gimmick in a slightly gimped radar at tier 7.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

Both are bad. The Indy is less bad, but you can get into t4 matches in the Molotov.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

It is true that the Molotov is a much stronger cruiser and yeah my w/r with the ship is crap, but doing decent damage and kills in the ship.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Both are bad. The Indy is less bad, but you can get into t4 matches in the Molotov.

Par for course. GUTB can't do well in it, must be bad.
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Par for course. GUTB can't do well in it, must be bad.

Par for course. GUTB posts about something, it's a whine.

FTFY.

• Cool 1

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

I don't really need either.  I have the Marblehead for crew training on USN ships and the Murmansk for RU crews.  I have the Kutuzov, which does pretty solid in credit grinding.  If I bought either ship it would be for credit grinding as its primary purpose.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Everything else being equal, Indianapolis should have a higher credit potential than Molotov. Not denying Molotov's ability to make credits, but being a T7 premie, Indi's credit multiplier is most likely higher.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I don't really need either.  I have the Marblehead for crew training on USN ships and the Murmansk for RU crews.  I have the Kutuzov, which does pretty solid in credit grinding.  If I bought either ship it would be for credit grinding as its primary purpose.

Insert what Lert said here. Beat me to it by a whole hour lol.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Atago is where the fun is boys...

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

I choose Indianapolis simply because I'm a USN player first and foremost; while I enjoy Kirov, I don't find it as fun as my USN cruisers, and I'm too much of a brick to recognize when CVs want me dead, so Indy's AA and maneuverability advantage over Molotov keeps me alive longer.

That said, I shied away from Molotov since I wasn't sure I could handle the glass cannon, but having tried something similar in Indy I may end up picking up Molotov later when I have more doubloons.

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,809 battles

I prefer the Indy, she is a tough ship but you need a lot of patience, which is why I voted for you to get the Russian Ship.

For that ship you do not need any patience, you just go in and die.

[SCK]
Members
88 posts
18,233 battles

I have them both and I have a blast in both of them, but I choose Molotov for being a Tier 6. As Lert put it, the Pensacola has better credit potential and the radar, although nerfed from the higher tier radar, is amazingly handy in t5-7 matches. However, the Molotov can be used in team battles, which is very important to me.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Par for course. GUTB posts about something, it's a whine.

FTFY.

That too.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

Molotov is way cheaper (35$ vs 25$ ) and will probably be the best purchase dollar for dollar. With that said, the Indy will be a better crew trainer than the Atlanta which is better suited to train DD captains and the Marblehead is crap IMO (I didn't like the Omaha so take it for what its worth)

Edited by 10T0nHammer

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,147 battles

A frighteningly fast RU cruiser with T9 rifles with godlike gun handling at tier 6, or a mediocre USN cruiser that barely manages to be on par with other underwhelming USN cruisers. Hmmmm. Tough choice.

Thanks to my left-over Reagan-Era anti-Russian bais I won't touch any of the Russian ships with a Japanese 18.1 inch gun unless it is unavoidably necessary. (Only have Orlan, Gnevny, and Murmansk. The game is the game, Russian originated I know; but my interests are primarily a Pacific War anyway, meaning US and Japanese, I've picked up a few of the other nation's ships, but NOT the Russian.)

Greatest recent pleasure in the game was catching a nearly full-health HE spamming Molotov bastard at less than 8k in my New Mexico and one-shoting the thing with eight hits of AP.

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

Its not whining but stating facts. Of course facts and this forum don't encounter one another that often so I understand how threatening it can seem.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Its not whining but stating facts. Of course facts and this forum don't encounter one another that often so I understand how threatening it can seem.

Facts pulled out of your blow hole hardly qualify as facts.....but they do smell funny....:trollface:

Molotov all the way, Glass cannons with frickin laser beams.....

Edited by awiggin