You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ofi123

Not possible to shoot at a TKer who just turned pink?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
139 posts
13,838 battles

Our Montana started shooting at Tirpitz because the Tirpitz was pink (from before the match), so he turned pink. After 1 more salvo from him which we confirmed it's not a misfire, I shot at the Montana to stop him. My salvo didn't sink him but the TK system kicked in and sunk me while turning me pink.

My question is: weren't we allowed to sink a ship who turned pink in the current match? Did I remember it wrong or did they change the mechanics?

I have the replay and screenshot of the Montana saying he's TKing because he don't play with pink. Not sure if I should send a ticket about this since there's the new penalty system for TKers.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

No. That's never been allowed, and it never should be. The system will deal with TKers. Don't involve yourself and make yourself an issue too.

I agree it sucks- it's like the rule in horrible schools where if you fight back YOU get in trouble too when you're being bullied/attacked. It's [edited]but at least here the system gets them eventually.

Send in the ticket just to be safe.

• Cool 1

Members
381 posts
25 battles

You're never allow to Tk in any circumstance. If you do it you must brace for the penalty.

Perhaps you remember from WoT?

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

Much as people may want to shoot the guy who obviously and INTENTIONALLY TK'd, let's remember that it's awfully easy to accidentally TK someone in this game.  Oh sure, some people will whine about being more careful, yada-yada-yada, but the reality is that accidents will happen and no body's perfect. 

Heck, you can try to save someone from getting kills and a bad RNG dispersion roll can spray your "saving" shot into the guy you're trying to save.    I know that someone will say all sorts of holier than thou stuff about not taking that shot, but it's instinctual to try to save a team mate.  It's not something you take 5 seconds to think about.  You have to make the decision to fire a saving volley in an instant, and more likely than not, instinct not logic is going to make the decision for you.

• Cool 1

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles
Stop Shooting At Teammates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by slak__

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

​Dammit man.... you can't come in here and use common sense like that... :trollface:

Beta Testers
139 posts
13,838 battles

I see. So I remember it wrong and it isn't possible to stop people from TKing. Thanks.

Will submit a ticket about it, since the Montana player typed about not wanting to play with a pink.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

No! Bad slak, you know you can't just wave around logic and truth like that on these forums! You know how dangerous that is? Think of the children man... The children! :ohmy:

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I got a pink name last night for the first time. No biggie, it's gone in 5 games. The team mate I sunkered was a scrub lord in a Wakatake knife fighting who nom nommed on a torp but died due to flood. He was out of position and ate a torp for his lack of game awareness. First dude I've killed too in 530 matches! Guy has a solid 400 WTR so I should have never launched torps at all with a special case like him bobbing around attempting to CQC in an IJN DD. I'll wear my pink tag, but I got a real hand from this cool character in getting it :)

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

I see. So I remember it wrong and it isn't possible to stop people from TKing. Thanks.

Will submit a ticket about it, since the Montana player typed about not wanting to play with a pink.

Ahahahaha, what a special snowflake

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

So, let me get this right.

The Montana player didn't want to play with pink players, so he shot that guy...and turned pink himself.  How beautifully ironic.

Then, OP says, "quit shooting at team mates" by...shooting a team mate.  OP claims a single salvo fired at the Montana was not only enough to turn him pink, but also to activate the reflected damage mechanic and sink him, also.

Sounds like a real sheet show.  Glad I missed it.  :rolleyes:

Edited by desmo_2

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

I was pink for the first time yesterday for a few matches, and the closest I got to this was having a team mate fire a couple warning shots over my head before he realized I was out to do the right thing and fight for our team.

Beta Testers
281 posts
2,031 battles

You're never allow to Tk in any circumstance. If you do it you must brace for the penalty.

Perhaps you remember from WoT?

What I remember from WoT is that TK'ing  players turned blue, then were legal targets for every one. As explained by The Mighty Jingles. "They're not on the green team, they're not on the red team, they're on the blue team." As they're not on your team they're fair game (and fully deserving of everything that comes their way). It may have changed from when I last played, but, I consider that to be a fair and just punishment. Killing a pink player should be legal as, If left alone, they may take out one of your REAL team mates, at which point your down 2 ships, rather than the one you lost for sinking a pink scummy team killer.

[NGA-C]
Members
247 posts
1,885 battles

Of all the pinkies I have seen not one has been a problem. 0.5.5 was overkill, and 0.5.6 toOK it full sofa king. All for what? Less than %1 percent of the population who intentionally TK. That's who the problem people were, but with WG's classic logic they choose to punish the whole community for that less than 1% with a system that way beyond overkill to being utterly stupid and useless. Face it only reason they did this is because they're too lazy to deal with the manual reports, and can't come up with a better automatic reporting system? 

[NGA-C]
Members
247 posts
1,885 battles

What I remember from WoT is that TK'ing  players turned blue, then were legal targets for every one. As explained by The Mighty Jingles. "They're not on the green team, they're not on the red team, they're on the blue team." As they're not on your team they're fair game (and fully deserving of everything that comes their way). It may have changed from when I last played, but, I consider that to be a fair and just punishment. Killing a pink player should be legal as, If left alone, they may take out one of your REAL team mates, at which point your down 2 ships, rather than the one you lost for sinking a pink scummy team killer.

Problem with that is it's stupidly easy to go pink now. Everyone is one stray round away from being pink. Before you had to go out of way to get pinked. If you saw a pink they actually earned that pink. None of pinks I have seen since 0.5.5 have been an issue, and some were actually pretty good players. The system currently is a broken mess that is the result of pure laziness on WG's part.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Once a player turns pink, damage inflicted on teammates (including pink teammates) is reflected back on the pink player doing the damage.  The system is designed to stop the TKing.  While the Montana was green, he was doing normal friendly fire damage.  The game is designed to allow some friendly fire (e.g., presumably accidental) before the TK system kicks in.   Once the Montana turned pink, his salvo on the Tirp was reflected back on him and would continue to be so reflected.

It takes several games of good play to remove the pink.  The logic is this approach stops the players who just played to have TKing fun.  Now they have to play good for several games to remove pink.  And if they decide to renew their TKing ways once they are green again, they'll turn pink again in short order.

WG significantly decreased the pink threshold in the past few patches.  So it's much easier to turn pink, even accidentally.  Seems to be working fine IMHO.

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Yeah it's a deterrent. Annoying for people that make a habit out of doing damage to team mates is all. I'll be back to my old self after 5 matches no big deal, but someone that likes to deliver a how do you do to his team won't be so excited to be pink. I'm not afraid of reflected damage because my hurting a team member is few and far between. System is fine for TK.

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Less than %1 percent of the population who intentionally TK. That's who the problem people were, but with WG's classic logic they choose to punish the whole community for that less than 1% with a system that way beyond overkill to being utterly stupid and useless.

Less than 1%?  Where did you get your numbers?  I would be interested to look at that data.

Problem with that is it's stupidly easy to go pink now. Everyone is one stray round away from being pink. Before you had to go out of way to get pinked. If you saw a pink they actually earned that pink.

Yes, it is much easier to go pink now.  However, since the new patch changed the rules, I managed to hit a friendly with one torpedo (I've done that less than 10 times, too...dang it!) without going pink.  In another game my Nagato's secondaries were going off on a nearby DD when a friendly New Mexico came between us and got hit.  In both cases I got warnings, but did not turn pink.  So, it may be easier to turn pink, but I don't think it is "stupidly easy."

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Reading is becoming so OP. How does a Tier 10 player not know about the new tk mechanics?

How does another player have no idea that you CAN"T SHOOT TEAM MATES?????:amazed:

[NGA-C]
Members
247 posts
1,885 battles

Less than 1%?  Where did you get your numbers?  I would be interested to look at that data.

Yes, it is much easier to go pink now.  However, since the new patch changed the rules, I managed to hit a friendly with one torpedo (I've done that less than 10 times, too...dang it!) without going pink.  In another game my Nagato's secondaries were going off on a nearby DD when a friendly New Mexico came between us and got hit.  In both cases I got warnings, but did not turn pink.  So, it may be easier to turn pink, but I don't think it is "stupidly easy."

All you need to do is lay the final blow, and boom you're pink till you can play 5 consecutive games without so much as scratching a teammate's paint. Doesn't matter if it was 1HP or 40000HP. All it takes is laying the final blow.