You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrainzO_O

People abandoned by God

18 comments in this topic

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

Something is amiss in this battle... Anybody can figure out?

polV7W8.jpg

c1ZBmyP.jpg?1

At least I know I was not the only unlucky one in that battle, cuz:

VKSOnmm.jpg

There was a poor Kagero...:fishpalm:

[update]

well that xp is raw xp, i.e. no flags, no first win boost... so don't focus on the damage I did... Actually I had the most xp...

The story was, we got all of their 3 DDs in the first 5 mins, and the rest of them spent another 6 mins escaping from our fleet like rabbits... got all 4 caps, and the enemy team lost this game with 6 ship survived.

Edited by BrainzO_O

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

The Gods of Fire abandoned you.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I suck at these puzzle games... nope can't figure it out. But sorry that you got 0 fires after 98 HE shells & 0 torp hits

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Well....look on the bright side...

You did pretty decent in that game, killed a couple ships...

and didn't have to use your torps! 

Thats good...right...? :amazed:

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Well, you only have a 5% base fire chance in a Fletcher, so for 98 hits, you'd expect to have 4-5 fires, except that some ships are more fire resistant than others, and some will already be on fire, etc, etc. So having no fires in 98 hits is mildly surprising, but not really a major statistical outlier. 

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

Well, you only have a 5% base fire chance in a Fletcher, so for 98 hits, you'd expect to have 4-5 fires, except that some ships are more fire resistant than others, and some will already be on fire, etc, etc. So having no fires in 98 hits is mildly surprising, but not really a major statistical outlier. 

There's a fire resistance modifier innate to each ship that scales up with the tier. 5% fire chance doesn't count for much at tier 9.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

because of the mechanics of fires most of the ships the fletcher is shooting at (ie high tier ships) have a fire resistance of 40-50%. so only 2-3 fires would be expected. But also if you shoot at a ship already on fire you can't light a fire in the same spot so its possible to expect even fewer fires. I had a 200+ hit atlanta game once with a single fire. C'est la vie.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

because of the mechanics of fires most of the ships the fletcher is shooting at (ie high tier ships) have a fire resistance of 40-50%. so only 2-3 fires would be expected. But also if you shoot at a ship already on fire you can't light a fire in the same spot so its possible to expect even fewer fires. I had a 200+ hit atlanta game once with a single fire. C'est la vie.

That was what I was trying to explain, I just forgot to mention that it tends to scale with tier, which is useful info. It's also why I tend to run SE on my higher tier DDs even though I may run DE on lower tier ones; I don't count on fire dmg as much in high tier battles. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

That was what I was trying to explain, I just forgot to mention that it tends to scale with tier, which is useful info. It's also why I tend to run SE on my higher tier DDs even though I may run DE on lower tier ones; I don't count on fire dmg as much in high tier battles. 

I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that the fire chance only scales with tier in the sense that there's a bonus when targeting ships of lower tier than yours and a corresponding debuff when targeting higher tier ones. Therefore tier 10 flamethrowers by definition are more effective than the earlier ones, not less, because they're outtiered by nothing.

I chose not to run CE on any of my high tier DDs (USN & VMF) in favor of two level 4 skills, and DE is always one of them.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,848 battles

2 kills is a bad round in a easymode DD.

THIS FROM A GUY WITH HIDDEN STATS... ACTING ALL BILLY BAD A$$ LIKE HE'S THE SHIZZLE...and hides..

..sorry, certain things irk me sometimes enough to call people out on.

Edited by TurboT
  • Cool 1

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

The Gods of Fire abandoned you.

There's a fire resistance modifier innate to each ship that scales up with the tier. 5% fire chance doesn't count for much at tier 9.

I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that the fire chance only scales with tier in the sense that there's a bonus when targeting ships of lower tier than yours and a corresponding debuff when targeting higher tier ones. Therefore tier 10 flamethrowers by definition are more effective than the earlier ones, not less, because they're outtiered by nothing.

I chose not to run CE on any of my high tier DDs (USN & VMF) in favor of two level 4 skills, and DE is always one of them.

Yeah I was expecting a super low fire chance, but... have mercy... I'm sure the targets I was shooting at were not on fire at all...

Need another video: how to equip your DD with HEs rather than wooden sticks...

Edited by BrainzO_O

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that the fire chance only scales with tier in the sense that there's a bonus when targeting ships of lower tier than yours and a corresponding debuff when targeting higher tier ones. Therefore tier 10 flamethrowers by definition are more effective than the earlier ones, not less, because they're outtiered by nothing.

Interesting. I'll have to do some more research; I may very well be wrong here as I'm far from an expert.