Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elevven

Why does Fuso start with 13km range? That was a typo in the code right?!

27 comments in this topic

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

Just finished my Kongo and was really dissapointed when I realized my range was 13km. Went from tier 5 to tier 6 and LOST 8km? what? huh?

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

Because the big range comes from the Pagoda mast upgrade.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It doesn't have a pagoda when stock. It's a grind to upgrade to hull B to get the 20km range, but it's doable. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

You gotta earn that mast brosky...and once you get it you become a 12 barreled god of death.

Some of my best games have been in the Fuso, a fantastic ship!

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
419 posts
12,897 battles

I just free xp to the first hull upgrade. I was not going to play with 13km range. Not when you can get into Tier 8 games. You can try to grind it out, but if you have the free xp, this is one of the times you should use it. 

Once you get the first hull upgrade, the ship is very good. Good range, lots of guns, and fairly good accuracy as well. It's a little weak on armor, but if you play carefully and don't expose your broadside to other BBs, you're a beast.

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

I just free xp to the first hull upgrade. I was not going to play with 13km range. Not when you can get into Tier 8 games. You can try to grind it out, but if you have the free xp, this is one of the times you should use it. 

Once you get the first hull upgrade, the ship is very good. Good range, lots of guns, and fairly good accuracy as well. It's a little weak on armor, but if you play carefully and don't expose your broadside to other BBs, you're a beast.

Seriously, I just got tossed in a T8 game and im shredded before I even get within range to shoot anything

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

It doesn't have a pagoda when stock. It's a grind to upgrade to hull B to get the 20km range, but it's doable. 

Ugh! I was blown away when I realized my range was that low, this is a definite grind getting destroyed half the games I play before I even get in range to shoot at something

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

You gotta earn that mast brosky...and once you get it you become a 12 barreled god of death.

Some of my best games have been in the Fuso, a fantastic ship!

Yeah! I fear Fuso in games, so I was very excited to get up to it, just had no idea about this 13km buuuuulllsheet

Members
441 posts
2,009 battles

Play Co-Op until you get the XP for the B Hull.  The enemy will come to you and I am averaging 3K XP per game.

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

Play Co-Op until you get the XP for the B Hull.  The enemy will come to you and I am averaging 3K XP per game.

I had no idea you got exp in Co-op. Thanks for the tip!

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

No that is just typical with IJN BB setups. The stock setups for IJN ships are abysmally bad, but when fully upgraded they are exceptionally powerful.

[IN3PT]
Members
33 posts
6,355 battles

No that is just typical with IJN BB setups. The stock setups for IJN ships are abysmally bad, but when fully upgraded they are exceptionally powerful.

Lookin forward to the future then i suppose

[SALVO]
Members
28,052 posts
41,557 battles

Historically, it's more than the lack of the pagoda.  IIRC, the initial builds of the Fuso and Kongo class ships (the Kongo herself being an exception) had somewhat low-ish max ranges that weren't improved upon until the early 1920's when they all received a refit that increased their main gun elevations considerably.  Honestly, I've felt that the Kongo class in game should have this same limited range on the stock hull, since 3 out of 4 of the original from-the-builders Kongo class BC's had this limited range issue. 

The Kongo initially had a max gun elevation of 25*, while the other 3 had only a max gun elevation of only 20*.  Also, the Fuso's main guns only had a max gun elevation of 20* as initially built.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Because WG wants you to spend free XP. The kicker? You totally should. Stock Fuso is the most stock-est stock ship in the game.

[SALVO]
Members
28,052 posts
41,557 battles

Fuso is worth every bit of the grind/free xp...

A real keeper.

The Fuso is very good, but I prefer the New Mexico, despite having less speed and lower max gun range.  For some reason, the New Mex just works out better for me.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

The Fuso is very good, but I prefer the New Mexico, despite having less speed and lower max gun range.  For some reason, the New Mex just works out better for me.

Both are pretty amazing once fully upgraded. Fuso is somewhat less tanky but she has more range and moves faster. Both make for excellent poor man's credit grinders.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

Fuso will be one of the boats you keep forever, shes that good

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Perhaps because you don't have to flash your important bits to peel off a full or half salvo

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

The Fuso. Hard tough armor (big citadel, but pointless unless you actually hit it, which mostly only other BB's can), many (powerful) guns, and incredibly hard to hit it's superstructure for some reason. Tier 6 beast. IJN master race.

[LTNY]
Members
374 posts
8,239 battles

Just finished my Kongo and was really dissapointed when I realized my range was 13km. Went from tier 5 to tier 6 and LOST 8km? what? huh?

The only thing you are going to miss from Kongo is the speed. after all the upgrades are researched Fuso is a beast.

[SALVO]
Members
28,052 posts
41,557 battles

Perhaps because you don't have to flash your important bits to peel off a full or half salvo

Quite possibly, 1nc0mp.  Plus, it seems to me that the NM's armor is just a little better than the Fuso's. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Don't play stock HULLS!!!!

EVER!!!

that is what free exp is for....

Sign in to follow this