You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sanka_Rea

Seriously?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
7 posts
273 battles

I'm in my Myogi (Tier 4 Japanese Battleship) almost full health and i T-boned an enemy Phoenix (Tier 4 US cruiser) at 20% health. how come i died instantly? I'm at almost full health and i rammed his side with my front! 41000 health gone!  i was going at about 15~20knots and so was the enemy... W T F is this bull? 

Edited by Sanka_Rea

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,511 battles

It takes his total hit points of his ship away from your health, not just how many he has left. Speed/weight does not matter. The only thing that changes the damage is the ramming flag.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

As a BB why would you waste health ramming a cruiser with that much health? That was a win for the enemy team. Unless you're full health both ships usually blow up from what I've seen.

You should ram later in games when you're below 1/2 your health and can take out a target with much higher health. Also use the ramming flag since it helps you survive better when you ram someone.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

Agreed with 1SneakyDevil. As a battleship, you should not be throwing away your HP by ramming someone unless it is absolutely necessary. In the incident involving the Phoenix, you probably could have finished it off with one salvo.

Members
5,202 posts

I'm in my Myogi (Tier 4 Japanese Battleship) almost full health and i T-boned an enemy Phoenix (Tier 4 US cruiser) at 20% health. how come i died instantly? I'm at almost full health and i rammed his side with my front! 41000    24000  health gone!  i was going at about 15~20knots and so was the enemy... W T F is this bull? 

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

As a BB why would you waste health ramming a cruiser with that much health? That was a win for the enemy team. Unless you're full health both ships usually blow up from what I've seen.

You should ram later in games when you're below 1/2 your health and can take out a target with much higher health. Also use the ramming flag since it helps you survive better when you ram someone.

I've rammed an Atlanta in my Texas once...we were both mostly full health...

He lost his life, I lost about 50% of my health.

Twas a good day to be a Texan. :P

[SYN]
Supertester
301 posts
26,953 battles

Fixed that for you.

​Maybe the phoenix equipped the Hotel Yankee flag, which increases ramming damage by 50%, and decreases the damage taken by 20%.

24000*1.5 = 36000, and that's a whole 5k hp less than 41000, so that's a little strange..

Edited by syraku

Beta Testers
7 posts
273 battles

I didn't not want to waste my health, it was unavoidable... I just don't understand why i died with almost full health? I rammed him with my front of the ship which in-reality i should have taken ALOT less damage. 

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Well, you should have taken 24000 damage per the game mechanics. Or 36000 if he had the ramming flag up. 

If niether of those numbers explains your death, is it possible he tossed his torps at you at the last minute? If they hit just before or after you rammed, that would probably be enough to make you dead. 

If you're trying to say that a 20 odd thousand ton battle cruiser hitting a five thousand ton cruiser at ~20 knots should somehow not result in catastrophic damage to the battle cruiser.... I respectfully disagree.

*edit* In the future, if you have replays enabled, often times we can be a lot more helpful in diagnosing the various wthmoments that this game generates from time to time.