Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Edgecase

Why do only some lines have a Tier X grind?

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,992 battles

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do some Tier X ships come with their final upgrades, and others have large amounts of additional XP requirement unlocks?

Examples:

Yamato: 249k to research, comes with everything

Hakuryu: 248k to research + 126k to unlock all upgrades (96k if you only take one flight control)

Gearing: 236k to research, comes with everything

Shimakaze: 226k to research + 60k to unlock all upgrades (30k if you don't buy the knife fight torpedoes)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Hakuryu and Shimakaze have sidegrade options that are not necessarily better or worse than the other ones. WG has elected to make them available for research.

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Hakuryu and Shimakaze have sidegrade options that are not necessarily better or worse than the other ones. WG has elected to make them available for research.

The CVs get straight upgrades to their planes. They get +speed and +health 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
814 posts
7,968 battles

I think T10's should get some upgrades honestly.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

WG decided that a reduced earning ratio wasn't enough to slow down CV progression in their early OP-ness, and gave CVs extra roadblocks to hitting max potential.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

To my knowledge, Simakaze and Khabarovsk are the only non CV's at t10 that have upgrades, but their upgrade options are more side grade options rather than upgrades. As for why they force the T10 CV's to have to endure a plane upgrade grind. I have no idea, maybe its done on purpose to force some matches to be uneven. Or to force T10 CV players to fork out money to purchase the free XP to get past the upgrade, and since CV's are the most tier sensitive, where even being outtiered by one tier leads to being roflstomped, CV players are the most likely ones to try and Free XP past plane upgrades. Its probably the latter.

Sign in to follow this