You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMSTog

New tech tree will be added this summer

73 comments in this topic

[BANG]
Members
166 posts
5,852 battles

I don't like spreading rumors, but I really wanted to share this because this is some really cool stuff and it sounds pretty legit. According to GetFun, one of Russia's most popular WoWS YouTubers, there will be a new tech tree added to the game in either early June or late July. Here is the video where he talked about it (it's in Russian):

This info apparently came from the devs, so it is legit (however the devs have been known to change their minds). Basically what he said is there will be a new tech tree added in either early June or late July to coincide with some major Gaming convention in Russia. There will also be a few premium ships added for this nation, so that the players will have a chance to train up some captains. The developers liked the Smith's torpedo launch mechanics - launching single torps with low reload time, so it is possible that the new nation will have the same torpedo launch mechanics.

He also talked about a bunch of other stuff in the video (new project R event with ARP ships as prizes; new ranked battles season with the cruiser Krasniy Krym as a prize to all those who get to rank one in the new event and got to rank one in all previous seasons).

I personally really hope that this new tech tree will be the long anticipated RN ships. However it sounded like it could actually be a completely new nation (possibly France or Italy - my thoughts, not what was said in the video).

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

German Battleships will come this summer.. Unlikely that a second line or even another complete new line will come with the Germans

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

German BB's are likely gonna be the next tree, with RN cruisers after that.

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

German BB's are likely gonna be the next tree, with RN cruisers after that.

Plans must've changed, since Que said on Stream the other week no more cruisers this year

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

There is no way any nation other than UK gets added in this year because if they did, there would be riots.

German BB's are confirmed, the date is in the air. UK last I heard had no confirmations as to a line, especially given the 2016 preview makes it seem as we'll get 2 for it (4 lines, RU cruisers and German BB's only ones stated). But the front runners have been BB's or DD's (they have 2 premiums already, one of each) with the appearance of the "Ice carrier" raising the question of CV's (the only class without at least 3 lines after German BB's are introduced).

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Hmm...

My hopes are up that it's Italy, but I doubt it.

It would make the most sense if it was British something, but if they said no cruisers this year, I don't know if they'd have any of the other lines ready (DD or BB)...

God help WG if they add in RU BBs too...

THAT will cause riots for sure XD

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

I hope it's the German BBs. Though, any addition is good in my eyes

[SINK]
Members
712 posts
3,648 battles

It will be nice if they tell us at least the nation or otherwise the line.. german BBs for sure but then more BBs, or DDs, Cruisers, CVs? RN, Italy, France? I'm very excited for whatever it comes, the thing that it actually end coming!

I'm going to arouse with the RN bbs :trollface:

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

From The armored patrol Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/05/30/wows-qa-30th-may-2016/

Q&A inside spoiler

Edited by Cpt_Kill_Jack

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Plans must've changed, since Que said on Stream the other week no more cruisers this year

If you read Kill Jack's spoilerspoiler, you'll see that WG admits to having two German premies ready to go. That the German fatties being next.

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

If you read Kill Jack's spoilerspoiler, you'll see that WG admits to having two German premies ready to go. That the German fatties being next.

Im fixing it now that im home. Lol. It didnt appear right the first time so i went in and redid the spoiler and it ended up with a spoiler inside a spoiler. Have I ever mentioned how much i miss code view on the editor.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Brits please, Italy please, France please, Give me a lines to start grinding Captain's in. I'm glad ze Germans will be getting their BBs, we can all celebrate with sourkraute:bajan:. The game needs more nationalities, more flavor...

[SOFW]
Members
1,445 posts
7,899 battles

It will be something "surprising", like Norway or the Ottoman Empire...

Unified South American tree.

Matt

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Unified South American tree.

Matt

I would be happy with this

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

What BBs, though? The Triptiz is already in the game. There's a few ancient turn of the century junkers for low tiers but there ARE no more BBs.

Edited by GUTB

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

What BBs, though? The Triptiz is already in the game. There's a few ancient turn of the century junkers for low tiers but there ARE no more BBs.

paper napkin ships....

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

The German word for battleship is Schlachtschiffe, the Schanrhorst class were classified as Schlachtschiffes.

And "turn of the century Junkers" eh? You're talking about what may soon be the most overpowered ships in the game there mate.

Not that I should be feeding the troll. But I couldnt resist.

Edited by dseehafer

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

.....what are you even talking about? A BB has thick armor and big guns. The only ship that exists for Germany is the Bismark class. There are a few cruisers and a few turn of the century museum pieces. That's it.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

.....what are you even talking about? A BB has thick armor and big guns. The only ship that exists for Germany is the Bismark class. There are a few cruisers and a few turn of the century museum pieces. That's it.

Montana would like a word with you