Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jakajan

Premium destroyer idea, Yudachi?

27 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

I was looking at Yudachi recently and well, not only would she sell well because she was a favorite Kancolle ship.  The origin of Poi anybody? But also she would be interesting because she would be an upgraded Hatsuharu.

Basically specs would be a lot like Hatsuharu but with 2x4 torpedoes instead of 2x3 as the in game version has. I'm not sure what pros and cons it would have but it is sorta interesting to look at.

Maybe use the Molotov sales pitch and give it tier 9 torpedoes, IE Kagero's on a T7 ship?

Edited by Jakajan

[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,765 battles

This's NA cluster for you. Not SEA cluster where poi~ and nano desu aren't hated much :teethhappy:

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Anime was a mistake. :trollface:

Says the person with the anime profile :D

(Also Edited your post for you)

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I don't care at all about anime, but a Shiratsuyu-class T7 premium would make a lot of sense. Hatsuharu with 2x4 launchers instead of 2x3, but at the cost of speed.

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Speed being reload rate? Yup, basically give her the reload rate of the T9.

Members
270 posts
284 battles

Speed as in, well, speed - Wiki lists her as making 34kn against Hatsuharu's 36, which makes her marginally slower than the VMF and IJN cruisers in her tier rather than marginally faster.  Against that, quad tubes so a reload of about 100s against the 70-80 for Fubuki and Hatsu's triple tubes.  Maybe consider giving her Fubuki's Type 90 mod.2s to play with as a treat alongside Hatsu's 90 mod.1s?

So a nasty torpedo offence but a well handled cruiser should be able to simply run her down.

​Poi.

Edited by Yuzral

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Sounds like this is leaning T7, here is a rough idea for specs.

T7

Speed 35 knots. IJN destroyer normal for T8 and T9

12100 hp

Guns x5 127mm like Hatsu, maybe be nice and give her Fubuki range and rotational rates. 10km range, 25.7 second rotation

Torpedoes with 3 options, all 2x4 configurations, Type 93 mod 2's of Fubuki's, F3 or type 93 mod one 20km ones.

Detection by sea 6.5km by air about 3.5km

3.4 base rudder shift

520 meter turning circle (reduced due to slower speed)

Sound cool?

Poi?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

The only reason why Yuudachi became well known is because of Kancolle, and more specifically because iirc she was the second DD after Hibiki to get a kai ni upgrade making her super useful. She was just kinda 'meh' when she was just a generic DD. And her only claim to fame was a confusing battle at the Solomons where nobody knows for certain what she may, or may not have achieved..

Historically speaking imho Shigure is far more deserving of appearing as a hypothetical Shiratsuyu class premium. That's assuming WG don't just use Shiratsuyu.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

Historically speaking imho Shigure is far more deserving of appearing as a hypothetical Shiratsuyu class premium. That's assuming WG don't just use Shiratsuyu.

Here! Here! Reading Tameichi Hara's book right now. O M F G.

Yukikaze as well... but there are no T9/T10 permiums.

Members
270 posts
284 battles

...cue the rest of the team breathing a sigh of relief.

Thing is, while Shiratsuyu is the name ship, Yuudachi is better recognised. I wonder what would happen with sales if half the player base were offered one and half the other...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

...cue the rest of the team breathing a sigh of relief.

Thing is, while Shiratsuyu is the name ship, Yuudachi is better recognised. I wonder what would happen with sales if half the player base were offered one and half the other...

What happens is that 50% of Poi! is traded for an equivalent amount of Ichiban!

05Rp0mk.jpg

To which the only thing I can say is nanodesu.

• Cool 3

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Honestly I think I would rather buy a Yudachi than a Shigure, as much as I respect Shigure's run as a destroyer.

As for Yukikaze, would it be that OP if a Kagero were to be dropped to tier 8 and just not allowed to install the torp reload module? Yes she would have long reloading torps, but she would not be OP at T8 with longer loading torps. Yes 5.4km detection would be sick, but not much more sick than Fubuki 5.5k. The big edge she would have would being able to torp New Mexico class battleships and such. :P Also being able to abuse Colorado class more. Not that Fubuki herself can not currently fulfill those roles. The biggest gain would be the HP pool to have a better chance of fighting Benson, while still running into Fletchers and being outgunned by them yet.

Edited by Jakajan

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

1. They already said some time ago that Yudachi will not be a premium ship.

2. She is the same class as Shigure, a ship that is more well-known among naval warfare/history fans outside of the Kancolle crowd, and is pretty much the #1 choice for a Shiratsuyu premium.

[WOLF9]
Members
168 posts
4,960 battles

1. They already said some time ago that Yudachi will not be a premium ship.

2. She is the same class as Shigure, a ship that is more well-known among naval warfare/history fans outside of the Kancolle crowd, and is pretty much the #1 choice for a Shiratsuyu premium.

Shigure needs to be the one!

Here! Here! Reading Tameichi Hara's book right now. O M F G.

Yukikaze as well... but there are no T9/T10 permiums.

Amazing book everyone should read it. Plus Tony Tully's Battle of Surigao Strait

[WOLF9]
Members
168 posts
4,960 battles

Beauties!!

Shigure in front and Samidare in back in the Solomons

nOgTVQi.jpg

Members
122 posts
1,539 battles

Wouldn't something like the Akizuki class make more sense? Or is that being reserved for a 2nd IJN DD line?

[WOLF9]
Members
168 posts
4,960 battles

Wouldn't something like the Akizuki class make more sense? Or is that being reserved for a 2nd IJN DD line?

​Yes it would actually but I think you are correct about the 2nd IJN line.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,182 posts
30,938 battles

Akizuki would be entertaining to field for the IJN DD line.  More gun oriented, good AA, sacrifices torpedo loads to achieve that.

As for Yudachi put in, I have no problems though it's going to be another torpedo DD in a line with excellent torpedo DDs already.  But options and variety are good spices.  Still, the inclusion of a Shiratsuyu-class DD in WoWS will be something of Armageddon.  If you think there are too many people saying "Poi" in game, wait until Shiratsuyu-class gets put into WoWS.

Sign in to follow this