Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mous1

dd rapid engine hits

5 comments in this topic

Members
269 posts
5,049 battles

Firstly i know i can use last stand but its still anoying to get an engine hit then after the engine repair another engine hit i really think dd repair should last 6 seconds

[CREDO]
Members
53 posts
17,565 battles

Been there, done that as well.  Just sigh and wait for the inevitable.  And then respec your captain to include last stand on all DDs.

Members
17 posts
8,434 battles

Yeah riddle me this. The other day in my Błyskawica, I was dive bombed. The bombers missed and I took no damage (full health, didn't lose a single hp) but my engine got knocked out.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

Yeah riddle me this. The other day in my Błyskawica, I was dive bombed. The bombers missed and I took no damage (full health, didn't lose a single hp) but my engine got knocked out.

Easy: explosion radii. Have a look at the damage mechanics guide:

• At the point of [HE shell] detonation, a blast radius is constructed in which an amount of splash damage (different than the damage inflicted on HP) is assigned to it. The splash damage affects any modules that are within the blast radius. Damage to a module can be mitigated if it is protected by armor, and may even be negated completely if the armor is thick enough. Additionally, the damage also depends on the volume of the intersection of the blast radius with the module itself. The ship's HP is not affected at all by splash damage, a non-penetration or near miss from a HE shell may cause module damage without even taking a single Hit Point off the ship.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this