Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

German Cruisers vs Russian

3 comments in this topic

Members
757 posts

After playing the Moskva and quite a bit and a little Hipper/Roon  I have a few things I'd like to share on my experiences and see what the community has to say.

1. German AP its like guns with training wheels. You really dont have to try very hard to get citadels.  You shoot in the general direction and are awarded with citadels. This has been my general experience. I know Im over simplifying but this merely to get the point across.

2. Russian Cruisers AP especially the Moskva with its higher velocity larger 220 mm shells cant get citadels unless the enemy is perfectly broadside. It doesn't make any sense. This is even vs German cruisers with paper thin armor.

3. Russian armor once again looking at the Moskva gets citadeled in all directions with the exception of bow on. It you are even angled a little bam citadeled. 

Is all this due to the citadel sizes allowing the thin armor to protect better is the Russian armor bugged? It feels like the 220 mm pens worse than any of the other countries 203 mm.

Not trying to whine here its just all confusing.

Edited by anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Funnily enough despite being pretty solid with (and enjoying my Roon) I find it doesn't get a ton of citadels, but gets high AP damage nonetheless as it stacks pens. I haven't gotten as far in the Russian line but I found the Kirov and Molotov to be absolute citadel machines (I had a 15 cit match in the Kirov), but relying on citadels to do damage in a way the Roon doesn't.

The Moskva's weakness is its notoriously easy to find citadel. Otherwise it would be way OP as it's massive health pool and amazing guns let it rain hell on enemies. It's citadel is a far bigger weakness than its detectability.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Russian cruisers are floating citadels most of the time. German cruisers are at least armored in a way that they can bounce some shots.

Here's your main difference, besides the AP vs HE for each line:

German cruisers can brawl, ruskies will get decimated (inb4: "but I win brawls with mine all the time" yes I know, I do too, but you pay heavily for it)

Sign in to follow this