Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Naka_chan_dayo

Khab is the new Shima.

25 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
Members
24 posts
14,675 battles

Since the last update my Shima's per game average has plummeted, so far to the point that I don't even use it anymore. On the other hand, Khab has absolutely taken off since the update that improved turret durability. Culminating in this game today. Not only is Khab now out DPSing Shima, it is leagues more fun to play. This ship has quickly gone from a novelty I pulled out every now and then to my go to T10. My new goal is a 500 hit game. Does anybody have one? 234234.png

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Uh, the shima has never out DPSd anything. Cool, the Kharb is a better gun boat than the shimakaze

Members
5,450 posts
21,020 battles

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the Tashkent and if I do how I'm gonna get through it as fast and cheaply as possible lol. 

But its nice to see a Tier 10 wrecking ships. Was in a game with a friendly Gearing that did next to nothing all match. My Benson made twice the Xp of the Gearing. 

[KNCOL]
Members
24 posts
14,675 battles

Uh, the shima has never out DPSd anything. Cool, the Kharb is a better gun boat than the shimakaze

Are you crazy? Prior to the radar update shima was easily good for 70-100k+ per game. It was my highest average ship. Since radar and torp nerf I'm happy to get 2 hits in. My last 10-15 games I'm averaging like 25k. So, at least for me, shima was out dpsing everything until recently. 
  • Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
24 posts
14,675 battles

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get the Tashkent and if I do how I'm gonna get through it as fast and cheaply as possible lol. 

But its nice to see a Tier 10 wrecking ships. Was in a game with a friendly Gearing that did next to nothing all match. My Benson made twice the Xp of the Gearing. 

I skipped from tashkent straight to khab after about 20 terrible, terrible games. 

Members
5,450 posts
21,020 battles

I skipped from tashkent straight to khab after about 20 terrible, terrible games. 

Not giving me a lot of hope lol. Maybe there's a reason I don't see many if any Tashkents in game. 

Just curious is the Tier 9 any good?

[KNCOL]
Members
24 posts
14,675 battles

Not giving me a lot of hope lol. Maybe there's a reason I don't see many if any Tashkents in game. 

Don't know I skipped it haha. But I've heard other people say they like udaloi. 

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Are you crazy? Prior to the radar update shima was easily good for 70-100k+ per game. It was my highest average ship. Since radar and torp nerf I'm happy to get 2 hits in. My last 10-15 games I'm averaging like 25k. So, at least for me, shima was out dpsing everything until recently. 

That's not DPS though, kharb and gearing have always been better DPS capable ships

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I got my rank 1 with tashkent (rank 5-1 run). Playing it in that enviroment was a struggle, it does not have competitive concealment. In randoms however it does not need this, keeping at range it does just as the next two will. Udaloi has issues with its stock guns, as their turret traverse is very slow. Save your free xp for that, but otherwise tashkent and udaloi are very playable and i enjoyed them both.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,087 posts
30,863 battles

From Tier VII onwards, you can think of 2 styles of Russian DDs.

You can think of Tashkent as a Tier VIII Trainer to prepare you for the sailing style of Tier X Khabarovsk.  They sail alike:  Extremely fast, very mediocre rudder shift time.

In contrast is Tier VII Kiev.  She's fast, but not fast like Tashkent, but has good rudder shift time.  You can dance under gunfire at range with Kiev, while pummeling with accurate long range (for a DD) gunfire.  Tier IX Udaloi sails like her.

Personally, I preferred Kiev and Udaloi's style of movement, very well balanced.  But Tashkent and Khab are stupidly fast.  Khab has outstanding gun armament.

• Cool 1

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

It's my favorite DD in the game.  When fully upgraded it's a Kiev with faster, harder hitting guns, usable torps (in possibly the best torp arrangement in the game), DP guns that actually take down planes, a little better detection range, more HP, and better turning ability.  In exchange you lose 2 kts to top speed and are 2 tiers higher.  It's amazing.

[BTCHZ]
Members
327 posts
22,444 battles

Im presently using a Tashkent. Yes, misery comes with it. 20grand for a hull and another 160k to research Udaloi and Im selling the damn thing.

Members
4,886 posts

Im presently using a Tashkent. Yes, misery comes with it. 20grand for a hull and another 160k to research Udaloi and Im selling the damn thing.

tash is one of those boats which are supposed to be played fully researched and kitted only, if you don't... welp

[BTCHZ]
Members
327 posts
22,444 battles

what

fletcher is the new shima, fletcher and gearing

khab is always was a gunboat and can't be really effectively used for torpedo barrages

Tell that to mcs_ . We had a duel in a cap. I had a Fletcher he had a Khab. It was as if the 2 teams stayed away and let us have it out. You can torp with a Khab ( Well.. mcs_ does ). He didnt get me though. :D

[BTCHZ]
Members
327 posts
22,444 battles

tash is one of those boats which are supposed to be played fully researched and kitted only, if you don't... welp

Well.. MEOW to you then! :)

I just dont want to invest in the thing. I Sold the kiev and 2 other ships to buy the Tashkent. Wallet isnt as fat as it used to be.

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

Khab can't be the new Shima. Shima was a real ship. :P

... but horishet! ~500 target hits!!!

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,380 battles

My 0.2

I like Kiev (still in port).

Liked Tashkent but not as much. Good ship but much bigger, harder to turn, worse concealment. Did the grind in about 45 battles or so, then sold it when I got Udaloi (my current). Smaller, better concealment, awesome guns. Udaloi is a joy to play (still too far from Khab so I can't comment).

Edited by alexf24

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,221 battles

Gear is the new Shima.

ftfy

This. I was in a battle during the weekend and screening for our big ships. 2 sets of 5 torps came toward us and the big ships started [edited]about Shimakaze torp wall after several of them got hit, even with me screening providing several extra seconds of warning.

I was sure they were from a Gearing...

Because they didn't have a Shimakaze.

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

Sometime i felt like my screening effort is pointless, spotted torps 7 kms away from capital ship, pinging on map non stop, typed "WATCH OUT FOR TORP!" In chat, yet my capital ship still get hit by torps..

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I think they need to stress the use of the rudder far more in the tutorial...

Sometimes it's just depressingly bad.

Battleships have no excuse for not looking up more and having a good sense of awareness, not with that reload rate.

If I can still take a view of my surroundings between shots in a 6in gun armed might cruiser, or 4.7/5 in gun armed DD, a battleship can too.

[BTCHZ]
Members
327 posts
22,444 battles

I just played my first game in a Khab. was 7 on 7. 233gun hits, 5 planes, 6 fires, 92,000 damage done. Its a NICE ship!

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

Tash is a handful but it is a decent boat with all the upgrades. I would play it just to get used to a real gunboat with usable torps. It wasn't all that bad once I got conditioned to it and stayed away from island cover. It turns so bad I beached at least 3 times a match for the entire grind almost.

Udaloi is amazing. Got my best result of any ship the other day with  217k on 3 kills and high caliber. Can't say enough good things about it and I don't even have 15 points yet.

Sign in to follow this