You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Veluthurk

Nürnberg B Hull vs. C Hull

17 comments in this topic

Members
81 posts
913 battles

Recently acquired the Nürnberg. I know the hull differences according to the patch notes, but how do they play out?  The loss of two torp launchers is not a big concern for me, but I don't know if I can give up my plane. I play a kiting game with the Königsberg and will be continuing this with the Nürnberg. Also if anyone has a picture or link to what the C hull looks like I'd be very appreciative.

Tia

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,508 battles

Recently acquired the Nürnberg. I know the hull differences according to the patch notes, but how do they play out?  The loss of two torp launchers is not a big concern for me, but I don't know if I can give up my plane. I play a kiting game with the Königsberg and will be continuing this with the Nürnberg. Also if anyone has a picture or link to what the C hull looks like I'd be very appreciative.

Tia

That Fighter really isn't worth anything tbh. It get's nuked by CV planes and even bombers with rear gunners will kill your Catapult Fighter. If anything, the C hull is better. I sadly have no screenshots, but imagine a Light Cruiser with a similar amount of AA Barrels to what Cleveland has in AA spec. 

~Hunter

[INTEL]
Members
6,909 posts
27,696 battles

I switched to the C hull. Better AA. I have no complaints.

Here it is (don't know how to turn off the interface elements in Port for a pic):

CaTUklY.png

Edited by alexf24

Members
81 posts
913 battles

That Fighter really isn't worth anything tbh. It get's nuked by CV planes and even bombers with rear gunners will kill your Catapult Fighter. If anything, the C hull is better. I sadly have no screenshots, but imagine a Light Cruiser with a similar amount of AA Barrels to what Cleveland has in AA spec. 

~Hunter

I'm sort of leaning towards the C hull, just checking to make sure there wasn't a fluke. Hate to spend the credits and find out it was a waste. Thanks! :)

Here it is (don't know how to turn off the interface elements in Port for a pic):

CaTUklY.png

Looks like structurally they didn't do much more than remove the catapult and tubes then add some AA where the tubes were...and big thanks on the picture!:great:

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
2,033 posts
9,284 battles

I run the C hull, though my n00b Nurnberg captain is still working up to AFT.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

Trying out the C hull, but not sure if its worth it. I guess if you spec AA it will be. I kind of miss the 6 torps to a side. You don't use them every match, but when you do you can really do some work. 

Members
81 posts
913 battles

I run the C hull, though my n00b Nurnberg captain is still working up to AFT.

Sounds like your captain and mine are about at the same point.

Trying out the C hull, but not sure if its worth it. I guess if you spec AA it will be. I kind of miss the 6 torps to a side. You don't use them every match, but when you do you can really do some work. 

I'm a BB guy and I'm not all that handy with torps, then with the increased penalty in 0.5.6, I'm even less inclined to use them. My Furrytaco is completely spec'd but I left the stock torps for that reason.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
2,033 posts
9,284 battles

The torps are still handy, but you don't really want to be going out of your way to use them, IMHO.  AA defense, on the other hand, is usually welcome... and not everyone drives a Cheatland. ;)

Members
81 posts
913 battles

I had to grind for it a little bit more, but here it is. I took a few more screenshots in case anyone else is interested in what it looks like.

24pxjdg.jpg

2n02cle.jpg

28gxz47.jpg

Members
368 posts
2,436 battles

I like having torps on the Konigsberg and I'm just learning how to use them.  My biggest problem is that I'm getting eaten alive by DB's and TB's.  Lately I've been wishy-washy about whether or not to stick close to other ships just for their AA umbrella (which screws up my solo hit, run, and kite play style) .  Being in a retreating gun-fight while be constantly torp'd and bombed is not fun.

I'm hoping that the C hull Nurnberg will either discourage CV's from attacking me all-together, or make them pay a price for doing so.    

[EGO]
[EGO]
Members
208 posts
7,784 battles

I don't have any experience with the C hull, but here's my opinion. If u play random battles, go for B hull. There are too few CVs to justify giving up the torps. However, if u play team battles, go for C hull. There are almost always CVs in team battles, and ur BB friends will love the extra AA. Plus, if ur using ur torps, ur probably playing her wrong as u should use ur BBs as armor and prevent DDs from flanking. Torps aren't helpful in either situation.

[FAGA]
Members
302 posts
3,513 battles
On 5/27/2016 at 6:19 PM, alexf24 said:

CaTUklY.png

In the Port screen hold the right mouse button for a moment and the interface will disappear.

While holding move mouse to change view, or scroll wheel to zoom.

Edited by freggo
grammar fix.

Members
94 posts

When I ground through the Nuremberg, there were hardly any CVs, so I kept the B Hull.  Lately, there have been a ton of CVs, so I would definitely go for the extra AA on the C hull.  Plus, as already mentioned, you should try to stay st range so you can dodge incoming fire, so torpedoes are usually not very useful.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,158 posts
4,372 battles

Yeah like everyone else has said, whether you want the B or C hull all boils down to how you answer this question: How much do I hate planes?  If you hate planes more than your average torpedo target, then take the C hull. If you have more trouble dealing with things that get close enough to torp, run the B hull.