LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse's Guide to Being a Teamkiller

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

109 posts in this topic

Hello,

I used to be Pink and now I have a white status. I have played 20+ games with 0 damage to team members and yet I am still white. How can I remove that and get back to normal status?

Long Wide drops in low tier CV's are making me a regular pink player.

Always a fast possibly higher tier DD rushing close to enemy that swings into my torps. Bang! team killer.  

Almost like they wait for the drop then turn hard and zip in between the enemy and my torps.

They have saved many an enemy BB.. lol

Worst part is my hp cooks down as they flood taking my CV out of the game and handing the enemy the sky.

All I can do is shrug and hit exit battle.

I don't know if they didn't have repair available or just refused to use it. whatever can't change it anyway.

Fixed long Wide drops on tight maps.. who would'a thunk it.

8 games to be a good guy again. 8 games no problem unless a cruiser bumps your BB (as always) then add one game back.

oh well, that's the rules

LWM, your Karma is TOO HIGH... how can we take Pinkness seriously with a Karma a few matches below triple digits? 

By the way - had a chance encounter once with a player who was NOT pink at the time. They kept ramming into me then started firing on me. After a few of these I accidentally turned hard rudder and they kind of stuck to the side of my BB as I made my turn. They kept firing. And firing. And detonated. All on their own. 

Then they cried out in chat, "HerrReitz TK'd me!" 

Everyone except them had a good laugh about that... 

TL;DR If you continually TK you are on a path of self-destruction. 

My worst pink experience was when I was in my NC shooting an enemy DD that was trying for a suicide torp run against an allied BB next to me. I hit the DD with something like 5 shells, but one apparently scattered for maximum distance, clipped the very back corner of the ally’s aft, and set him on fire.

I wasn’t aware of it but the damage reflection start immediately after a certain damage threshold is hit (not only after you change color), and the allied BB refused to repair the fire to punish me (even though if I hadn’t taken the shot he would have eaten a full spread of torpedoes at point blank range. That fire ended up sinking me, and I turned pink as well :(

tunnel vision caused my latest stint of campaigning for breast cancer in game.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The number of games needed can vary depending on how many infractions you've had.  I strongly recommend taking screenshots of the 4-results screens when you're pink to properly track your progress.

Working off the number of games in pink status depends on both not damaging allies and in some way on your game scores.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused. Don't worry, we can help you with that.

The counter you are referring to is an estimate based on the average damage you deal on your account. If you do lower than your average damage then it will take longer to get rid of the Pink Status.

If you deal any team damage, including ramming, while pink, the counter will increase or have no change based on the amount of team damage you dealt.

To reduce how much time you spend pink, get back in the game!

Every point of damage and kills you successfully inflict on the opposing team will reduce your pink status rating until it finally disappears.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions.

Best Regards,

John Glenn

Wargaming America Support

I discovered the game score requirement when I went to PvE to work off 5 pink games.  I did not do any damage to teammates in any of the games described below.

• In game 1, I rushed headlong into the enemy and inflicted a surprisingly large amount of damage; the pink counter went down to 4.
  • In game 2, I again rushed headlong into the enemy and inflicted only a couple of hundred points less damage; the pink counter stayed at 4.
  • In game 3, I changed ships and played somewhat conservatively; the pink counter went down to 3.
  • In game 4, I repeated the previous game's strategy but I had a substantially higher damage score; the pink counter went down to 2.
  • In game 5, I repeated the previous game's strategy but I had a lower damage score; the pink counter stayed at 2.
  • In games 6 and 7, I used different ships; the pink counter went to 1 and then 0.
Edited by C14Alpha

Hey

one issue that happened recently to my wife "sassyredpants" who plays a slow T7 American BB ; another player from a clan ran into her while she was in spawn which did damage to both ships.  This same guy then caused even more damage (after the initial strike) by running into her (side swipe) a 2nd time just as she fired her main guns at the enemy she was targeting, to her which caused her to turn pink.  After he got done tangling with her, the same individual then ran into me while I was barely moving about 6 BB lengths away from my wife and caused damage to me and again no apology other than to bad mouth both of us which were in division together (our 3rd member was unaffected).  But she had nothing to apologize for since she was stationary at the time, people need to be aware of where they are going especially in the very early stages of the game.  And this was all in the first 5-10 min of the game where there was not a lot going on, but do you think he had the decency to apologize for causing all of this mess in the first place........NO!  And there was no recourse for her turning pink either.  Needless to say, [APOC] clan which had 2 other players in the game at the time said little or even tell their arrogant member to act civil.  Now I realize accidents happen and have been pink due to torps myself, but at least own up to it and apologize for when a mistake happens, especially if you directly caused the problem.  Heat of the battle, maneuvering, close quarters, collisions do happen BUT don't be a jerk about it; act civil and apologize.  Sorry, my rant for today.

Pete 

If you have a replay, submit it to support with an explanation.  They don't take kindly to people who 'game' the TK system like that and abuse the physics.