LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse's Guide to Being a Teamkiller

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

109 posts in this topic

I remember recently clipping someone with my Jap fishies and having my Team Killer status extended from "5 battles to clear" to "10 Battles to Clear". A thing to note here is, the friendly I torpedoed by mistake popped up from behind an island I was spotting (near an enemy base so, was thinking hostiles will be showing up there and not friendlies) and said ally was also pink. That said, I think we have an answer to the Pink-hitting-Pink mini thread we have going on here.

Edited by Kuro_Reido

Either your analysis of how TK status is removed or things have changed. At times I have fought more than twice the indicated number of battles without friendly damage before the TK is removed. I can not identify what other criteria are being used to reduce the TK penalty by one.

Noticed this when I was killed, returned to port, jumped in another ship, new match while the other was still on. The counter that tells how many games left on teamkiller status was the same on both battle results, in this case 3 left. Went out again and repeated the process, died,new ship/ battle,same thing the counter showed 2 games left on both battle results...4 games, counter only dropped 2.

I'm thinking that this is to prevent quick ship suicide, another game, suicide, repeat 5 times. You actually have to wait out the game before starting another. I think I see this with some of the points needed for missions or challenges too but I can't confirm.

Accidental kills count along with deliberate kills.  The system doesn't differentiate between them.  Once you've killed more than 5 people in a given month, your account gets flagged.  They're then looking at how much team damage you've done.  If it's in less than 10% of your games, you're fine.  They'll write it off as an accident but you'll probably be issued a warning.  If you've done some form of team damage in 11% of your games or more, then you're looking at some time away from the game with a temporary suspension.  Yes, even if the kills and damage was accidental.  They're not differentiating because it's too easy to pretend you didn't mean to and troll others.

If you've done it in over 20% of your games, you'll lose your account.

That's the major issue here, and it's always been the issue. I don't expect an inhuman algorithm will be able to detect malice or an innocent mistake, that's just generally beyond what a computer's programming can grant it. But, because of that, a forgive button is needed, so that real HUMANS, not an Automated System, can tell the difference. Ideally, Division mates would not be allowed to forgive you,(They aren't impartial) and maybe only the victim would have access to the Forgive button, so they can make the call for themselves whether you are a TK'ing troll, or are a simple noob, or you turned pink as a result of an accident.

I would agree with those who say it's perfect as is, but, well, I hate to admit this, but as others have said, this system is very easily exploitable. People will sometimes intentionally turn into allied torpedoes. If they do, they need to have a griefer(blue or purple preferably) tag. Like the proposed forgive button, there are two options: Manual or auto-assigning a griefer tag. Manual means that those effected will be able to determine whether those who run into their torps really are griefers, or it was just an accident.

Auto-assigning a color indicator is not quite as good an idea. Because I neglected to mention, in both circumstances, players would base their call on what he/she(the person who ran into allied torps) has said in chat to determine if it was intentional or not. If everything is positive or non-existent from them, it was an accident. If there is lots of negative, and raging at their team prior to the loss of their ship to allied torps, it's more than likely it was intentional. I don't think a single WG algorithm scans chat for evidence in a TKing case.

Edited by legoboy0401

I find those who dog & malign a pink captain prior to battle amusing, and usually from those who've yet to experience in becoming one.  But then isn't the BB ARP V Hiei pink?

I can not identify what other criteria are being used to reduce the TK penalty by one.

Well, in the last couple of times when I was pink it was embarrassing; one through sheer fault of my own and another some other glory hog captain.  At any rate, I dusted off one of my Tier 1 boats and went Co-op.  Five or six battles (and usually they go quick) did the trick in both instances ... at least for me.

Actually when a CV is pink on my team I have very hard time telling his pink aircraft from the enemy CV's red aircraft

This causes me a lot of confusion in the game when I wonder why my anti-air batteries aren't firing at incoming planes

The two colours are just too similar at a glance

anybody else have this problem?

When I kill a teammate and get pinked, I always have to play 10 or more games to clear the pinkness. This is without causing anymore team damage (very careful when pink, notsomuch when not) but I almost always play PvE. I do believe there is a damage component to helping clear the penalty. If I play random, I can watch the games tick away just fine no problem, only in PvE does it take twice as long to clear. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Actually there had been a couple of times, I had the urge to torp a carrier who decided it would be nice to dive headlong into a firefight and rammed into me while I was trying to save his butt. Told him I should have torped him for his stupidity.

Ive been pink a few times. Sometimes its a total cockup, other times its worth it.  That is something WG doesn't like owning up to - sometimes a teammate is more valuable out of the game; and its just a bloody MMO game.

The TK penalty does not go away in the number of games specified.  There is something wrong.  I started with 6 games to play until pink status removed, and I've played 6 games today, without hitting any friendlies, not even running into them, but still am showing 3 games to go until pink status removed.

The number of games needed can vary depending on how many infractions you've had.  I strongly recommend taking screenshots of the 4-results screens when you're pink to properly track your progress.

The number of games needed can vary depending on how many infractions you've had.  I strongly recommend taking screenshots of the 4-results screens when you're pink to properly track your progress.

I am and I've put in a support ticket.  I'm over 10 games this morning now and still pink with 2 games to go.  Interestingly, I restarted the client, and then the first game I played it went down by one, 3 to 2.  Then I played 2 more games, but no change.  Gonna restart again and see what happens.

Edit: Restarted, played one game and got one less game needed to remove TK status.

Edit: Didn't get the last credit to remove TK status.  Had another ship run into me, but of course I got some penalty too.  Played a second game, didn't get credit.  Restarted again, played a clean game, didn't get credit.  TK penalty removal system is broken.

Edited by gjflanker

I think pink carriers are adorable. Their aircraft squadrons are also pink!

Haven't seen the pink planes yet! Now you're going to have me looking for them.

Mouse... you must have about one of the highest Karma ratings I've seen anywhere... congrats 

sometimes a teammate is more valuable out of the game;

Yah?  Like when?

Phew, thank god ramming damage doesn't really count, I have an unfortunate tendency to run into people when I make m opening dash at the beginning of each hard

Where do you check to see how many more pink games

In your battle summary in Detailed Report under Damage to Teammates there will be a number, hopefully a small number.  If I understand correctly, the initial assessment is 5.  BTW, those are games without causing any damage to teammates.

became TK due a Zao hide into my smoke while I fired at Biscmarck. two AP cause 1,456 damage and sunk her. apology to teammate and he accept it.

Didn't turn to TK right away, got penalty after the game. It took me six games to remove it. during these six games, I didn't do any damage to allies. only change one ship to another. somehow, it stop at 2 while I change the ship from Neptune to Donskoi.
two days ago, my teammate sunk me with torpedoes by accident, I took 3, full health gone, 16,000 damage, but he didn't turn to pink at least at game. so how the system decide who is TK and who is not TK?
by the way, I also heard someone became TK because one of low HP ship ram him accidently and got sunk... 

Edited by barkista

Lert had a little too much fun with my being pink.

If you want to know what ACTUALLY happened, it's from this replay yesterday: Mouse is a dirty, no good, back stabbing, Kharn-emulating, Team Killer.

When I first started playing WOW's I actually sunk one of my own "Division" team mates! This was before I learned of the alternative battle interface! I was so focused on sinking him I got lost in the fog of war, I paid no mind to my friend freaking out on me in the battle chat! It wasn't until after I sank him I realized what I had done... Talk about embarrassing. :ohmy:

Most recently in ranked battles I was trying to save a CV on "North" and engaging a DD who was on his butt! I was looking through my reticle and had him in my sights, but when I fired, instead of hearing my cannons go off I heard the whoosh of torpedo's hitting the water! I zoomed out and looked in horror as the majority of them slammed and exploded into a friendly CA off my port side, destroying him! I felt so bad, I apologized to my whole team for my potato'ness! :( I cost every one the battle, a star, flags, silver, xp, I cost them a lot, and I still feel horrible about it... But it's an example of an honest accident that can happen in the fog of war and battle on WoW's. I bowed out of Ranked Battles for the rest of the season because of that. But I would never, ever intentionally harm a team mate, but if I ever do, I own up to it right away in the battle chat or message them an apology after the game.

I admit that I am guilty of unintentional team killing... But I would never harm or troll another player intentionally out of malice. I do my best to insure that my team mates are out of harms way to the best of my ability before I act. But in war simulator situations with limited visibility, CQB, and long shot torps, no one can ever say for certain that "friendly fire" incidents will never happen again. :honoring:

I joined the cast of "operation pettycoat" after returning 12000 worth of damage return fire to a st.louis whom opened fire upon me after spawning in. He kept firing until he got awarded the kill on himself ;)

Just kept playing normally as the countdown went from 6 to "penalty removed".

Ok... I've had zero damage to allies for several games now and my game count is stuck at 3 does anyone know why this would be?

I'm even playing coop battles so there will be even less change of the accidental brush... i don't understand

Edited by KevinMitchell

Ok... I've had zero damage to allies for several games now and my game count is stuck at 3 does anyone know why this would be?

I'm even playing coop battles so there will be even less change of the accidental brush... i don't understand

I played Atago yesterday for the first time in I don't know when. I'm a DD main and play BBs ok, but I'm trying to get better with cruisers. Entering the B cap on Shards, I see not one but two red BBs about 8 km out and closing.  I'm undetected. A friendly Benson smokes the gap between islands toward my targets. Benson appears to be moving away to my left... tunnel vision on BBs... torps out OH FUDGE!!!  Benson had changed course in front of me as is his or any DD's right. "Dude seriously?"  A perfectly reasonable question. Especially since I've dodged more friendly torps from IJN cruisers than any other type of ship and been TK'd plenty by them.  

MY TORPS, MY FAULT. So apologize as soon as you can. No matter what nasty things your victim has already typed in chat. 

It took 8 battle to rinse off the pink. Apparently I had to SINK an enemy ship to get credit for the battle. I know from past experience (yes, I've screwed up before in the heat of battle) that there is some damage threshold. It may be related to how much damage you did when you earned your pinkness. However, this require to get a kill - red team of course! - is new AFAICT.