LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse's Guide to Being a Teamkiller

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

109 posts in this topic

Thanks for the guide Mouse, it caused me no end of frustration to see that I had turned pink due to a low health ship turning into my almost expired torp to give me that five game "Save the TaTa's" designation. I was also angry when my own division member rammed me to extend the warning for another game.

It was definitely eye opening as I went to my lower tier ships to try and shake the pink off and ended up getting shot by my own teamates...:(

Thanks for the guide Mouse, it caused me no end of frustration to see that I had turned pink due to a low health ship turning into my almost expired torp to give me that five game "Save the TaTa's" designation. I was also angry when my own division member rammed me to extend the warning for another game.

It was definitely eye opening as I went to my lower tier ships to try and shake the pink off and ended up getting shot by my own teamates...:(

play PvE, people are more civil

5 games? Thanks for the information. Back to strafe ally planes.:trollface:

Noted. I had hit friendly with my CV once after 0.5.5

Pay fined a lot (mean its torp) but didn't turn pink. Didn't kill ofc.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Now if people really want to be jerks all they have to do is swerve right into the torps going by. "Hey, it's his fault he fired them, and I just wanted to see how he looked in pink." I think this could be even worse than actual teamkillers. They'll be getting their jollies off knowing they caused people to be pink.

Just Saying.

If even the infamous LittleWhiteMouse can be turned pink it goes a long way in lessening the shame factor for the rest of us. Thanks LWM.

Thank you for this info dump Mouse. Was informative and now i know what to expect if I ever go pink. *Knocks on wood* I have yet to go pink though fortunately. ^.^

Lert had a little too much fun with my being pink.

If you want to know what ACTUALLY happened, it's from this replay yesterday: Mouse is a dirty, no good, back stabbing, Kharn-emulating, Team Killer.

Kharn wannabe is right, though (assuming he was capable of any emotion other than BLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!) he would be ashamed that a mouse sees him as a kindred souls. 

In our group of friends going pink is a death sentence, we gleefully kill each other if someone goes pink. We're very much like the Inquisition in that manner

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE

Pinky & the Brain - anyone remember that cartoon? (Actually, I'm too old - my kids watched it)

I loved this cartoon

Glad I'm not the only one to immediately think of Pinky from Pinky and the brain when someone goes pink in the game. Also glad I've never gone pink... *knocks on wood*

Oh mouse. You just wanted to add a bit of being to your name, didn't you?

It's interesting they now show you the number of games left. That should not have been revealed

... Also,  NARF

I'm not buying it.

I know of at least three players, who over the course of some many weeks/months, repeatedly TK or hit teammates MORE than a few times (esp. at spawn, when no enemy is around),,,,

And are still playing.  Still doing this.  Still getting away with it.

In self-defense against these players, I have ended them, and *le GASPS*, donned the 'Pink', labeling ME, a 'Team Killer'.

So be it.

Bite ME in the [edited], w/o cause, or through bad parenting/genetics/social maladjustment disorder (Pick one)?

I'll end you, every damned time.

Then don the *PINK* tutu and dance my way over your watery grave.

Thank you

"You've got a hole in your left wing!"

Wait, wrong game.

Hehe :) 

So when War Thunder comes out with Navy....

WHICH SIDE WILL YOU CHOOSE?

Nice guide, Mouse :)

Edited by SgtSullyC3

Come on Mouse, I can't believe you became a dirty little team killer... 

As to how, this is what I bet LWM did :look:,  :child::izmena::red_button::ohmy:...

As always, appreciate your write-ups LWM. Love your guides and the "Cat and Mouse games. :) Many players still don't seem to have even a basic understanding of pink players on their team and generally assume the worst case scenario for that player (they must be some form of low life team killing scum), so your guide, for those players wise enough to actually read the forums of the game they play, is much appreciated. I've turned pink 2 times in 134 games. I don't remember what caused the first one I just remember being surprised because I never intentionally target team mates or just as bad, disclose locations of friendlies in battle chat as I've had done to me in World of Tanks. The second time I was playing the tier II IJN destroyer and I fired a couple volleys of torpedoes at enemy ships. What seemed like quite some time later I suddenly hear, "You have sunk an ally!" or something like that and the notification in the battle chat that I was being penalized for team damage. So....I realized then and there that just because the torps have a range of 8+km doesn't mean you should utilize that range, especially given the fact that the torps are pretty darn slow. So you can fire from stealth. Not such a great deal if the torpedoes think they're in a school zone. Creeping along for 8km in the water if your torps miss or allied players aren't able to avoid them, viola! Pink it is.

My thoughts on this system are:

Pros:

• It does discourage the intentional shooting of allies and will eventually result in these players (hopefully mostly due to intentional team damage) being weeded out of the system when a "pattern" is noted.
  • It makes players think twice before pulling the trigger as to where your shells or torpedoes are likely to land.

Cons:

• There seems to be a fair amount of misunderstanding out there about why players become pink and as I stated above and as you refer to in your guide about the "boobish" actions / reactions of players in random battles. I've noted the couple of times that I was pink that in general the worst assumptions were made about me and I noticed friendly shells splashing in the water near me in a few games. Hopefully players are penalized if they TK a pink player as well.
  • Although the chances seem like they would never be a concern to a decent player who pays attention to the mini map and where they're firing, there is something inherently disconcerting about the idea of spending real world money on a game that you could potentially be perma-banned from. I suppose if you're that bad or reckless you don't belong in the game anyway but say you have a few premium ships or even a premium membership, it's not like that $$ would be refunded to you.

I haven't played around with this myself much but thinking about it - there are a few ships out there which specialize in long range combat and some of them have quite the high firing arc, float time. I wonder what the chances of an allied ship running into your shells fired in this manner are? Long range sniping is kind of cool, but not if you're running that risk and especially if you've invested quite a bit of time and money in the game.

Again, +1 LWM. Happy skull collecting. hehehe

After she got pink we went into a tier 3 battle with premies. I told the team "Sorry about this, she's new to the game and accidentally torpedoed someone in her first battle."

They believed me.

They probably believed you because they did it themselves, I know I have.

I was a pinky for 5 games which I accidentally deserved so am a tad more carful were I launch torps but what gets me is some idiot T bones me and at the end of game stats I also get the Pink TK warning

"Yes, even if they swerve into your torpedoes, it's still your fault.  You have full control on when your weapon systems fire or not and it's your responsibility to make sure no friendlies could possibly be hurt by their discharge."

This is straight [edited]. I am not responsible for a teammate who can see my torps in the water turning into the torps after they were fired at an enemy and missed or the enemy was killed before the torps got there. Players need to be smart enough not to tunnel vision. I should not be penalized for anothers retardedness. I just got pink because an idiot teammate turned into my torps. When I launched he was heading away from my torps, then suddenly he changes direction and right into my torps. Yet i'm the bad guy. Pink status should only be applied when a replay verifies it was done on purpose...you know like really close range or when someone says in chat they will team kill and then actual does it.

Oh dear.  And the worst part was that I didn't get to murder Lert to turn this nice colour, just some innocent bystander in his not-so immediate vicinity.

LMMFAO... IKR?... :playing::red_button::D

I think pink carriers are adorable. Their aircraft squadrons are also pink!

Hehe... You should paint us a CV in several shades of pink & release it as a mod... And pretty pink torps with a shark mouth on the business end...

I was trying to target a pink plane yesterday and wondering WTH was wrong. Then an enemy plane appeared and I knew why. :amazed:

HAHAHAHA... Had to laff at u, hehe...

Now if people really want to be jerks all they have to do is swerve right into the torps going by. "Hey, it's his fault he fired them, and I just wanted to see how he looked in pink." I think this could be even worse than actual team-killers. They'll be getting their jollies off knowing they caused people to be pink.

Just Saying.

^^^ THIS! ^^^ Don't give them ideas, babe, because I JUST saw that very thing happen last night & the guy he swerved in front of was ALREADY pink... Then he went off on the a$$clown for cutting in front of him right went he rippled off the torps... The guy who he hit told him point blank in chat "yeah, I did that JUST for you!..." 1 of our other team-members (a BB) told him he would shoot & sink him if he saw that crap again... After the torps hit, the jerk had about 12 hp left, so it was almost a 2nd TK for that person... NOT very damn funny at ALL!...

Some of these clowns have NO clue how to be a team player NOW - I would HATE to see how they act on a tier 5+ game... :angry::amazed:

"Yes, even if they swerve into your torpedoes, it's still your fault.  You have full control on when your weapon systems fire or not and it's your responsibility to make sure no friendlies could possibly be hurt by their discharge."

This is straight [edited]. I am not responsible for a teammate who can see my torps in the water turning into the torps after they were fired at an enemy and missed or the enemy was killed before the torps got there. Players need to be smart enough not to tunnel vision. I should not be penalized for anothers retardedness. I just got pink because an idiot teammate turned into my torps. When I launched he was heading away from my torps, then suddenly he changes direction and right into my torps. Yet i'm the bad guy. Pink status should only be applied when a replay verifies it was done on purpose...you know like really close range or when someone says in chat they will team kill and then actual does it.

You're at fault.  It sucks, but that's the case.

There would be no team kill regardless of which way said person swerved if you hadn't put fish in the water where they had the chance of striking a friendly.  Players already have enough to worry about between dodging incoming enemy fire that they shouldn't have to be worrying about friendly fire coming from their rear.  If you want to be downright blunt about it -- you're the one endangering your team by not exercising fire discipline because you're more hungry for glory (experience, credits, awards and kills) than you are about the well being of your team mates.  Don't fire when you can risk hitting a friendly.  When you have especially slow torpedoes (55 knots or slower), you have to really take a good hard look around or risk splashing one of your own.

That's why the system penalizes those pulling the trigger and not the person that's hit.  Buck up, own up and smarten up.  Don't shoot your allies.

I negligently discharged torps yesterday. Close quarters, crazy time. Sank the enemy ship I was aiming for but also sank a friendly Karlsburg.  I had waited for him to swerve away from my potential torp path, then clicked when I should not have. I didn't even see him swerve back into the path of 1 outside edge torp. He only had 4K of HP left. The first time I sank a friendly in over 1,700 battles. 

Had to do 6 battles in shameful pink because I sort of suicided with almost no damage done to protect a teammate in one battle. 

Maybe it's because my firearms training started over 50 years ago, but the penalty seemed perfectly reasonable to me.  I'd held my fire for 10+ seconds and simply should've waited longer. 

There are intentional discharges and negligent discharges. "Accidental discharge" is an unacceptable term to me. 

P.S. I apologized immediately and my victim then called me a fool. Classy response to apology - no. Reasonable - yes. 

When you have especially slow torpedoes (55 knots or slower), you have to really take a good hard look around or risk splashing one of your own.

This.  Thou shalt not launch if there is a friendly in front of you.  I forgot it once with Katori's torpedoes and ended up doing another 6 games with sensei to work it off.

LYW (Love ya work) LWM o7 (+1'd a week or two back)

Such a good thread I've been aware of so long but should be back up on the recent list...

And a plus one to Testament according to Yuzral:

Thou shalt not launch if there is a friendly in front of you.