DoctorTeitoku

WoWS Mac Wrapper Bugs and Feedback Thread

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

414 posts in this topic

Now I just deleted the game to try a reinstall - and I can't reinstall. I download the wrapper, and when I click on the icon in APPLICATIONS, this screen flashes up for less than a second (took me forever to get a screenshot)...

http://alterego.zenfolio.com/p229428729/h88AC6AA6#h88ac6aa6

now I can't play the game at all. ANY help is really appreciated

How did you fix this problem? I'm trying to reinstall as well but I'm having the same trouble.

I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of the latest Mac Wrapper, and still get constant crashes. The game is currently unplayable.

[edited]deleting it to reinstall. hasn't worked for everyone and is not valid solution. if it were it would no patch would ever be installed correctly

Does the new LAUNCHER they want us to download work with Macs?

I am not sure, Niko did not answer this question when it was put to him in a different thread. I am holding off doing it since everything is running fine for me right now other than a few oddball glitches and an occasional "fatal exception" that requires me to restart the game.

It has finally happened..I can no longer log onto WOWS.  My hypothesis is when WG tinkered with the program to better run on Windows 10 w/o so much Windows 7 capability issues, they trashed the client to server linkup.  I will keep trying to log on but I am suspecting the wine wrapper has to be replaced and the game dumped and reloaded.  :ohmy:  Astrosaint

Posted (edited) · Report post

It has finally happened..I can no longer log onto WOWS.  My hypothesis is when WG tinkered with the program to better run on Windows 10 w/o so much Windows 7 capability issues, they trashed the client to server linkup.  I will keep trying to log on but I am suspecting the wine wrapper has to be replaced and the game dumped and reloaded.  :ohmy:  Astrosaint

Greetings and Good News:

I tried again today with a new wine wrapper. Some small download happened and the game was operational again.  Well done WG:rolleyes:

Edited by Astrosaint

Here's my deal:

No, I don't spend hundreds of dollars a month on WoWs. But, I have spent hundreds of dollars altogether in the past five months I've been playing. I fully intend to keep spending to (1) support the game, and (2) support my game play (signals, ships, doubloons/slots, etc.).

But, when I send in a ticket about delays in the loading screen and crashes in game, I don't appreciate "We don't support Mac ... and if you read the EULA, you'll see we told you we don't support Mac -- here is the link for Wine, Bootcamp, and VMWare."

[edited]. You DO support Mac, WG. You make your game available and are happy to take Mac users' money. You support Mac, you just don't want to do the hard work of tech support for Mac because it's a Windoze world. What percentage of Mac users must be your community before they are worth your time?

Ok, rant over. Had to get that off my chest. No, I'm not going to quit playing the game. But, if I keep losings flags to a totally tricked out ship that crashes in battle, I'll probably stop buying signals, etc., that's for sure. We'll see if things stabilize. The battle start delays (you know, where you watch on the mission screen as all of the other ship icons start to move?) are frustrating, but the crashes in battle are infuriating, that is, what the heck just happened mid-battle to make the client go toes up. It's usually pretty stable. Can't you read my Mac logs? Or are they in hieroglyphics?

Thanks for listening/reading.

Here's my deal:

No, I don't spend hundreds of dollars a month on WoWs. But, I have spent hundreds of dollars altogether in the past five months I've been playing. I fully intend to keep spending to (1) support the game, and (2) support my game play (signals, ships, doubloons/slots, etc.).

But, when I send in a ticket about delays in the loading screen and crashes in game, I don't appreciate "We don't support Mac ... and if you read the EULA, you'll see we told you we don't support Mac -- here is the link for Wine, Bootcamp, and VMWare."

[edited]. You DO support Mac, WG. You make your game available and are happy to take Mac users' money. You support Mac, you just don't want to do the hard work of tech support for Mac because it's a Windoze world. What percentage of Mac users must be your community before they are worth your time?

I just got that load of crapfrom WG on my current ticket.  The game was fine until the .4 and .41 didn't fix anything. Yet my premium time continues to be used up and I rarely if ever get to see my end game stats because the game crashes if I leave after being sunk and most times at match end if I wait it out

How do you uninstall on a mac? I need to completely uninstall for a couple different reasons and cannot find the folder/files even though they are huge. Help

Ok, I see that WG and Mac is mainly a US love and hate story. I came from europe and Gates did a great job in the last 40 years buying all governments, enterprises, public administrations to use pcs... so in the old bad europe WG obviously don't care about macs. And if you write something on a forum complaining of Mac issues, you'll find some players that address you as isheep...

The things with the new wrapper aren't that difficult, but they way Codeweaver built the new wrapper make any change or fixing more difficult and mainly is up to them, under WG request, to fix or make that bloody 2.0 wrapper any better.

The 2.0.x allow us to access Inventory and Clan, but on the other hand it misses one of my preferite recent options: own music and own gun sounds... So I miss the good old one that was easier to manage for an average mac user.

Anyway, I've ran into many of the problems you mentioned, and the only real solution is to delete every bit of information related to WOWS wrapper.

You can find here all the folders and files you MUST delete before a fresh install. And you have to!:izmena:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-warships/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-warships

Just forget one and you risk to run in troubles again.

I also had a long email conversation with Codeweavers developers regarding a PT version of the wrapper that, as for pc, can install another copy of wows for Public Tests on the same user dir.

Before was very easy, now with 2.0 is impossible unless they do a special wrapper for it.

So finally they told me that we should ask for it to WG, because they couldn't/wouldn't send me the solution or the wrapper.

So what should I say.

Keep calm and breath deeply before get upset, just think about them in europe: if there, in US, is not that easy, in eu is much worst!:angry:

Or as and old way to say adapted: if Washington is crying, London isn't laughing!...

Take care.

Edited by Redvenge

I have held my tongue until now, but we are up to 0.6.5 and there is still no fix for massive game crashing on Mac.

The game installed and worked just fine in the 0.5 range. But as soon at WoWs went to 0.6 the game randomly crashed. At first I got a warning about some .exe file crashing. Once we got to 0.6.3 the warning stopped coming but then the game just started to freeze. I have had to hard restart on a number of occasions which has had an effect on other software. It has gotten to the point that I cannot risk my HDD just to play the game. Sad too because I have doubloons and was looking to buy more for a specialty ship. As is, I will be walking away from my account if no fix is instituted, and quickly.

ISSUE: Game crashing and freezing whole Macbook since 0.6

EQUIP: Macbook Pro, i5, 2.9Ghz, 8Gb RAM

OS X: 10.9.5

I think it would be cool if they added an average sequential fire option. i.e 5 guns 30 second reload time = 1 shot every 6 seconds, or 6 guns 8 second reload = one shot every 1.33 seconds. I was thinking it would be an optional setting. I also think this would help with ships that shoot faster than the sequential fire rate that is preset.

This game stopped working and/or became so slow its unusable on a Mac over the past few weeks.  What is being done to fix the problem. I am tried of WOW saying they don't support Mac, who then get our money if we buy credits  or ships etc. If WOW than I say you do support Mac's at least for your self.

recently when I play WOWS on my mac, (Macbook pro, retina, 13 inch early 2015, 2.9 GHz intel core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Macintosh HD, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB) when I started a game it'll just keep crashing when loading or in game or at the stats loading screen. I'm unable to provide the error log because it also froze when loading info. But it says it has to do with the wine program that use to start the client.

Greetings:

RE: WOWS 6.6 and a vintage Mac (mini running Yosemite)

It still runs ! I played a few games at Tier 1 and the Tier 4 Langley and I did not see any issues.  I was concerned Codeweavers WineWrapper may not have been ready for the big WOWS code rewrite but I did get 2 games in.  Since I was able to play the halloween challenge, I probably will be able to do the new co-op challenges.

In reading the post, I am wondering if the wine wrapper is optimized for Yosemite OX 10.5.5.  Perhaps the newer OS like Sierra are giving Mac users issues.  Just in case, I went for the lower sound effects as a precaution against overtaxing the CPU.

Astrosaint

Edited by Astrosaint

Greetings:

It still runs ! I played a few games at Tier 1 and the Tier 4 Langley and I did not see any issues.  I was concerned Codeweavers WineWrapper may not have been ready for the big WOWS code rewrite but I did get 2 games in.  Since I was able to play the halloween challenge, I probably will be able to do the new co-op challenges.

In reading the post, I am wondering if the wine wrapper is optimized for Yosemite OX 10.5.5.  Perhaps the newer OS like Sierra are giving Mac users issues.  Just in case, I went for the lower sound effects as a precaution against overtaxing the CPU.

Astrosaint

Mac Mini late 2012 running osx yosemite 10.5. Played 5 PvE scenarios and on all 5 had memory crashes... 3 at the end of battle and two during. I did play a couple of regular coop games today and no problem. On another thread someone suggested that it was possible at manually fix video memory to 512... is this possible?

Greetings:

Astrosaint

No it doesn't I played 4 games today and all 4 were slow with large lags. Almost impossible to play  Same thing last night. They new update did not help.

Let's see if anyone else seems to be having this issue: I seem to be having crashes specifically while playing as a Colorado. Having played a number of battles since the 0.6.6 update, the games as a Colorado are totally unplayable because of crashes, while I can play multiple consecutive games with other ships without a crash.

Edit: As a side note, I have both restarted my computer and run the installation check in the launcher, so neither of those would seem to be an issue.

Edited by andarragh21

I am locking up, almost every other game on my MacBook Air.  Sometimes it locks up in game, sometimes at the end of a battle.  But it is becoming more and more frequent.

World of Warships support says they will not help mac users. This is what I sent to them.

After latest update June 7, here is a list of problems encountered:

I am playing WOW on an iMac with IOS 10.12.5. Using the *new* Campaign MODE, the game will either crash completely after my ship sinks or when I try to exit after my ship sinks. The game will freeze on my screen and lockout my keyboard when the main enemy group arrives or when allied reinforcements arrive. Sometimes I see a pop-up of the terminal on iMac stating problems encountered (wine debugger).

I have also had crashes after leaving a Co-op Battle.

My loading screen sometimes for battles shows an ice environment at night for a brief few seconds before battle starts.

This was their response.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: Any problems regarding World of Warships on Apple systems cannot be troubleshot by Wargaming America support, as we do not support the Mac. We do have a Mac Wrapper from CodeWeavers, however, any issues with the Wrapper cannot be troubleshot by Wargaming America Support as well.

For any issues with the CodeWeavers Mac Wrapper, please post in this forum thread.

These products may not be optimized for some Mac hardware configurations, including some Mac graphics cards.

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Bootcamp, contact their support here:
https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Wine, contact their support here:
https://www.winehq.org/help/

If you are having issues with Windows applications while using Parallels, contact their support here
https://www.parallels.com/support/

Please note that the support department does not handle game design or mechanics.

Best Regards,

Rainauld Sommerfield

Wargaming America Support

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Join Wargaming for an Epic Summer at the Let’s Battle Tour!
• July: Drive a Tank in Minnesota
• August: Massive WWII reenactment at D-Day Ohio
• September: Aboard the USS Lexington in Texas

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed!

So I guess they are not interested in my business.

Game Downloaded great and fully installed.  the game also runs and plays great with the exception of it crashing or freezing during games every 5 minutes.  I can't seem to get through one game without getting  a Critical Error message, freezing or the game just quitting out.  

my system 2016 MacBook Pro, processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, graphics Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB.

getting an Unhandled Exception message.  any advice on how to fix?

The game doesn't work on Mac anymore. Crashes, freezes. I've stopped spending , wasting actually, on the game until it's fixed. I test it if it crashes I try later. Broken game gets no revenue.