DoctorTeitoku

WoWS Mac Wrapper Bugs and Feedback Thread

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

260 posts in this topic

Hello Captains!

We hope that you are excited to get into the Mac Wrapper, enabling you to play World of Warships on your Mac system. 

First, we would like to remind you that the Mac Wrapper is still in its testing phase. This means that there is a very limited amount of support we can offer for the Wrapper and client within.

Do not alter or remove files from the Wrapper itself. These files that you see when you "View Package Contents" are reference files only. They are used to call to the actual files that are updated properly.

To download the Wrapper, follow this link: LINK

DOWNLOADING WORLD OF WARSHIPS:

When you have finished downloading the Wrapper and launch it for the first time, the World of Warships Launcher will pop up and begin to download the game. Currently this the only way to install World of Warships onto your Mac. Files are being placed in a specific file system and currently cannot be dropped in.

Once the game client is downloaded, you can log in and play just like Windows World of Warships. You are on the same servers and using the same ships and controls as the Windows client users.

SUPPORT FOR THE MAC WRAPPER CLIENT:

Right now, all support for the Mac Wrapper will be done through this section of the forum. Once again:

ALL SUPPORT FOR THE MAC WRAPPER CLIENT WILL BE DONE THROUGH THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

SUPPORT TICKETS WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE WoWS FORUMS.

Hi Doctor,

First of all, thank you for this awaited official installer. My comments about installer :

• When unpacked, DMG content does not show the "World of Warships.app", it is not at the place shown in the background image. https://postimg.org/image/vk9ku8npp/

• Wrapper installed WoWs launcher correctly :-)

• WoWs launcher crashed at random times when updating game components : "An unhandled exception is occured. The application will be restarted.". Correctly resuming download after automatic restart. My firewall was disabled during update. https://postimg.org/image/lybf07765/

•  ...and finally WoWs runs like a charm. Thank you again.

My config is MacBook Pro retina with El Capitan 10.11.3.

Hey guys the game experienced an unhandled error crashed restarted and then installed all the way. when i hit play the game crashes and says an unhandled error has occurred.  

Macbook retina early 2016 with EL Capitan 10.11.4

If you can help that would be cool. otherwise I'm juts gonna try and reinstall 

Overall excellent and thank you for bringing it to Mac. I've encounter 3 issues.. 1) When clicking on the installation wrapper it stopped twice with a message "An unhanded exception is occurred, the app will be restarted". The 3rd time was a charm.  2) While playing the game froze twice, when I went to my desktop I encountered a message "The program WorldofWarships.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.... this can be cause by a problem in Wow, or a deficiency in Wine, the compatibility layer which is being used to run Wow. Contact the WoW for help. 
It also gave me a black Program Error Details page which never loaded the info. 

2nd day using it and it crash again with the same "deficiency in Wine" message. 

Otherwise the game looks great!
Imac 27, 2012 3.2 ghz. / OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

crashes.zip

Edited by jorgezl

The Mac Wrapper crashes frequently. 

Model Name:    Mac Pro

Model Identifier:    MacPro5,1

Processor Name:    6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:    2.66 GHz

Number of Processors:    1

Total Number of Cores:    6

L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB

L3 Cache:    12 MB

Memory:    16 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:    6.4 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:    MP51.007F.B03

MacOS version 10.11.8 Beta(15G7b)

crashes.zip

Edited by mousebert

My issue is that I cannot install WOW on my mac, because I do not have enough space on my default drive. I would like to know how to alter the install location of WOW to set it to my external drive.
If there is no in-launcher method, please provide how to do this in the config files/other files.

Thanks! -jgc412 :(

Edited by jgc412

My issue is that I cannot install WOW on my mac, because I do not have enough space on my default drive. I would like to know how to alter the install location of WOW to set it to my external drive.
If there is no in-launcher method, please provide how to do this in the config files/other files.

Thanks! -jgc412 :(

I have the same issue.

(Undersized Primary drive on my imac)

when launching the game from the launcher it crashes on my mac:

Application C:/Games/World_of_Warships/WorldOfWarships.exe crashed 05.28.2016 at 15:57:10

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION : 0x80000101 @ 0x97987572) ()

System info:
    OS Name: Windows XP
    OS Version: 5.5 Service Pack 3
    OS Architecture: x86

Memory info:
    Virtual memory: 64Kb/4192191Kb (1%)
    Working set (process physical memory): 0Kb/2097152Kb (0%)
    Commit charge (working set + process page file usage): 0Kb/3147708Kb (0%)
    Global physical memory: 1046596Kb/2097152Kb (49%)
    Global commitable memory (physical + pagefile): 1046596Kb/3147708Kb (34%)

System info:
COMPUTERNAME = MacBook
APPLICATION = C:\Games\World_of_Warships\worldofwarships.exe wows_wait_for_mutex
8 PROCESSOR(S) = 0 - 6 2a07
DISPLAYDEVICE 0 = \\.\DISPLAY1, X11 Windowing System, PCI\VEN_0000&DEV_0000

Ticket #778672

Category:
WoWS
Sub-category:
Technical Support
Just saw the notice about a "new"MAC wrapper for WoW. Might this version resolve issues I have been having since the major update? Team chat no longer functions during games. If another player communicates with me, I cannot respond. I must seem very rude to a few Captains out there.

Is this wrapper different enough from the existing Code Weaver wrapper to re-load WoW?

Also, I have experienced a strange thing in games with the new update. A couple times, when I zoom in on a target, the view angle reverses and I'm looking out the stern of the ship not the bow.

Might as well ask about one very annoying bug; Sometimes, the firing reticle is green but the trigger won't pull. Zooming out wide and then back into  binocular view to fire helps sometimes but not being able to shoot has been dangerous.

Information required
CANCEL

Just found out.  While D/L and install went well, my security settings would not allow the game to load due to "UNKNOWN DEVELOPER"

This is more of an FYI:

The ONLY bug I get with the wrapper, which has increased in frequency with successive updates, is that it will completely freeze during a game. no message, no warning, just frozen screen and sound. I have to force quit, and log back in as quickly as possible and hopefully when I get back I'm not sunk.

Im running an 27 inch iMac  OS 10.11.5

3.2ghz intel core i5

8gb ram

nvidia geforce gt 755m 1024mb

This happens perhaps once every 10-15 battles, not consistently. Last year using the same wrapper earlier version it might have happened once every 30 battles.

thanks, and than you for making this!

I have an issue I need help with please.

World of Warships Version 1.0.10 (1.0.10) (Mac)

Mac OS 10.11.5 El Capitan

MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009)

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

First, I had this issue: "the data obtained from the update service is incorrect" when trying to start. Sent Ticket to Support and was advised "Our developers were made aware of this issue when it first occurred. The updating issue has since been resolved"

Following that, when I tried to start again, program loaded, started, fine. Download started. BUT it locks up at 365MB downloaded - same amount, same point, every time. Also locks up the whole computer requiring hard restart.

I have tried the following:

1. Running Disk Utility to check file structures

2. Re-installing WoW - including remove Library files.

I have played WoW since March using the wrapper and have never had any issues loading, updating, and playing the game. Recently, have not played in about 3 weeks and this issue occurred when I tried to start game again.

Any thoughts, suggestions or fixes? Thanks!

I too am seeing the 'reversed view on two finger swipe' .. only issue I have seen.

Is there any information on how to install the WoWS beta code on the Mac wrapper? I would have liked to test but couldn't find out how to get it installed.

screen_shot_2016_06_08_at_3_40_03_pm_by_

i have a problem where in game and in the port the ships dont look right. like i dont see the deck or the skin of the ship keeps changing Edited by Marie_splatoon

Bug found: Need to remap the Mac 'Option" Key to ALT.  Unable to launch manual aircraft attacks without ability for ALT-Click command.

After hours playing on the mac.... the game freezes and everything turns orange/yellowish.

First off i want to say thank u thank u for bring WOW to Mac - i so love this game

I have tested on both my macs and my imac 2011 12,1 21.5" 2.7ghz i5 Quad Core with the Radeon HD 6770M with 512 MB GDDR5 with 12 gigs of ram the game although not at max graphics works really really well with little or no lag . some features in the training area causes the game to crash out but normal battles in co op and standard matches work nice. 

Second Computer there are more issues but that is probably due to its age then anything

Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2010 7,1 - 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Dueo (P8600) with 8 gigs of Ram and NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM the game only works with lowest graphics and in full screen mode only. there is some lag but not as bad as expected. but there are many graphics glitches as well as some screen errors the ship tree allows you to only see up to tier VII as the rest is blocked off and will not scroll down. In game there is some black voids that go off the screen annoying yes but does not appear to effect game play. I am not sure about lag issues but plays a bit slower compared to the imac.

Both Macs Are running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5

Attached is the were the ship tree is cut off in the Macbook Pro

thanks

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 2.29.20 PM copy.jpg

Edited by djholley

Anyone else have the bug where when WOWS and Parallels are open, the parallels screen shrinks and becomes unusable??

in warships, with updating, What is 'cannot continue application'? ...  I cant play at all ... Please help!

I'm playing on a Mac Book pro. I see a frequent crash of the client if I've been playing at least into a second game.

It never occurs in the first game. It never occurs when I'm not playing a game. It frequently occurs in the middle of my second or third game.

I've seen this over several updates.

The actual crash behavior takes a couple of different forms, and I haven't seen anything repeatable, other than the constraints I've described above.

Please let me know what other questions you might have to help narrow this down. I'm sure its affecting a lot of people.

-Greg