You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MagicalSenpai

[archive] WoWS Mac Wrapper Bugs and Feedback Thread

2,471 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
705 battles

Plays wonderfully on low setting on my macbook 12"!!!

However, when I try and play on my brand new, fully loaded iMac 27" 2017 i can only get into the battlefield before it crashes... Tried most settings...

Must be a graphic card issue? Please fix :-)

iMac 27", mid 2017

OS 10.12.6

i7 4.2 Ghz

64 GB RAM

8 GB Radeon Pro 580

Members
1 post
33 battles

when I press play the launcher closes and doesn’t load the game. 

iMac 21.5” mid 2016

OS 10.12.6

i5 2.9GHz

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Edited by Andrew_170

Members
1 post
548 battles

Hello....WoWS 0.6.8.1, crashes a dozen times a day...Before fully loading, during play any other time. Attached are two screen captures from critical failure messages. I'm no coder, so the fact that the errors are reported as windows based, when the app is running on a Mac is correct?

Mac Version and specs are also in attached screen capture. The only solution I've found to this is to set the graphics at "low" for all settings...

WoWS_Error_2.jpeg

WoWS_Error_1.jpeg

mac.jpeg

Edited by mgs_080968

Members
1 post
234 battles

Ever since the last update I've been having this weird glitch where some of my ships models aren't loading and I just see the shadow and the models on top of the deck except for the guns this happens in a battle and in port and only affects some of my ships.

Edited by Thepeanutbutter

[BLITZ]
Members
7 posts
2,401 battles

Hi everyone,

I'm just making a report on behalf of a friend (account name: Shynnnnnn) who isn't very active on the forums, but has some issues with her WoWs.

After she installed the new wrapper, she's been having persistent crashes (around once every 2-3 battles) due to the BigWorld Exception issue. Before the new wrapper, it was less frequent. These crashes also involve the screen turning yellow or white; not sure what's going on there but hope the description will help.

Before the new Mac Wrapper, she was able to force close the game when the critical error window (BigWorld Exception, she's not sure which issue for reasons I'll explain) appeared; however, now she's unable to exit the fullscreen mode of WoWs and force close it. This means that she has to restart her Mac repeatedly; just came out of a session with her needing to restart her Mac 4 times. This also means that she's unable to even view the error report window and have a general idea of what error code is given by the system.

Not a very good description, but hope there's someone who knows how to fix it :(

Thanks!

PS: In mitigation, the new wrapper did solve the vanishing ships due to camos not loading issue for her :)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,177 posts
28,876 battles

I hate to say something like this when so many are having problems but everything for me is working quite well. Looking at the posts have noticed that many are running Sierra. I have an older Mac Pro that can not run it so still using El Capitan. Wondering if there is a connection. 

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
12,951 battles

I've uninstall and re-installed the game, made sure I've updated the wrapper. I am still getting multiple big world client crashes every match. Is it worth it to submit another ticket? I've done this in the past and was told not our issue. Does anyone know of any fixes? It's making the game unplayable.

[OGZR]
Members
10 posts
25,799 battles

Seeing some possible UI crashed at the battle load window. As the time counts down and each ship (both side) updates data and you get the small white circle (filled in). Just as it reaches 6 seconds to go, it hangs, then crashes (repeatable). If you press the battle button before the 6 second mark is reached, no issues and the battle runs it's course. Other Issues, there was a few times without pressing return to port from the post results windows it return to port without user input.

This started occur with version 0.6.8

MacOSX 10.10.5

MacPro 2008 (Early)

ATI 5770  

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
12,951 battles

It seems that several Mac users are having the same error. We've been advised by WarGaming NA to post these problems here. Why have there been no responses or acknowledgments that there are problems? 

[GCCN]
[GCCN]
Members
31 posts
5,999 battles

Greetings:

Ever since the latest update came out, I am unable to open the game (running Sierra).   I launch the program by clicking on the icon, but nothing ever launches, and it just shuts down.  The client never starts.   Looking in my console, I see a lot of the following errors:

default    18:17:25.755924 -0400    taskgated    MacOS error: -67062
default    18:17:25.785210 -0400    opendirectoryd    Client: <private>, UID: 501, EUID: 501, GID: 20, EGID: 20

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?   Where can I go to debug this further.  

Thanks

[WOLF1]
Members
48 posts
10,470 battles
On 7/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, mikebiang said:

I launch the program by clicking on the icon, but nothing ever launches, and it just shuts down.

Run Activity Monitor and see if World of Warships is running in the process list. I had the same issue last night. The client would pretend like it was going to launch but then never pop up. Nothing would show under Force Quit, either. But when I ran Activity Monitor, it was in the list. Highlight it, then select the i (information) button in the menu bar. There's an option to quit the process. Quit it, and you might have to force quit it, but once it's out of the list, try launching again.

Members
2 posts
61 battles

Same issue as above, I've tried @theamazingtoby's advice with no success.  I've likewise tried a full reboot and full uninstall/reinstall.  Launcher comes up, says I've got the latest client, hitting Play kills the launcher and the game never starts.  

Members
3 posts
4,738 battles
On 7/23/2017 at 0:29 PM, ethanderp said:

Hi everyone,

I'm just making a report on behalf of a friend (account name: Shynnnnnn) who isn't very active on the forums, but has some issues with her WoWs.

After she installed the new wrapper, she's been having persistent crashes (around once every 2-3 battles) due to the BigWorld Exception issue. Before the new wrapper, it was less frequent. These crashes also involve the screen turning yellow or white; not sure what's going on there but hope the description will help.

Before the new Mac Wrapper, she was able to force close the game when the critical error window (BigWorld Exception, she's not sure which issue for reasons I'll explain) appeared; however, now she's unable to exit the fullscreen mode of WoWs and force close it. This means that she has to restart her Mac repeatedly; just came out of a session with her needing to restart her Mac 4 times. This also means that she's unable to even view the error report window and have a general idea of what error code is given by the system.

Not a very good description, but hope there's someone who knows how to fix it :(

Thanks!

PS: In mitigation, the new wrapper did solve the vanishing ships due to camos not loading issue for her :)

Same issue. After directly updating from an old version, the inventory/news cannot display normally, so I reinstall the client. But then the client crashes almost every intensive game, and I cannot even force quit the game except rebooting the system or wait for minutes until the client responses again. Sometimes it even forces the system to reboot.

Edited by LuftGespenst

[RMN]
Members
153 posts
5,615 battles

I as well have been suffering from the problem of increased crash frequency since 0.6.8. Last night, I even had a match (if that glitch infested farce could be called that) where my game client would crash every time I would attempt to fire my guns. This is quite frustrating, and while the term literally unplayable is often overused, this is indeed a case where it is applicable. 

• Cool 1

Members
73 posts
3,266 battles

UPDATE: 0.6.9.0 fixed this.

News browser somehow broken on my install. Not a game breaker, however it would be nice to mark-as-read.

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 23.58.55.png

backtrace.txt

Edited by Conrad_1963

Administrator
301 posts
22 battles

Hello everyone!

If you have any problems with 0.6.9 and WoWs wrapper (like games crashed on startup or login) please do these steps:

1) Fully delete WorldOfWarships.app with AppCleaner

2) Download the latest WoWs wrapper

3) Install it and try to launch the game

Please let me know if it will not help you!

• Cool 2

[7TH]
Members
10 posts
2,879 battles

Hi! 

I download the latest for Mac. However, when I tried to enter the game, it just jumped out this notice. I am not adept in coding so I could not fully understand the problem. I just thought about some personal limitation in my Mac. But I did nothing to my system limitation after previous version( I could play previous version without any problems). 

屏幕快照 2017-08-09 下午9.22.46.png

Edited by zgywyww

[RBRDK]
Members
1,684 posts
19,817 battles

I had the same. dropped it in the bin, re-downloaded (not loaded from an old download) it and it works now.

• Cool 1

Administrator
301 posts
22 battles
6 minutes ago, zgywyww said:

Sorry, you faced with the same problem as me?

Try to do steps I described above

[7TH]
Members
10 posts
2,879 battles
2 minutes ago, d_gladkov said:

Try to do steps I described above

Yes, thanks man. I can enter without problem.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,177 posts
28,876 battles

Ok Wacko posted an easy fix in another thread where you don't have to uninstall anything and just have a small 90MG download and replace a file. Worked just fine and from the thread, looks like it is working for others as well. Going to see if I can figure out how to post a link here, stand by....

133391-game-crashes-after-logging-in-0690

Ok well that is the thread, just drops you into my thank you post but scroll up a few posts for the fix information.

[-985]
Members
2 posts
9,969 battles
On 5/26/2016 at 8:25 PM, bwbrendan said:

Hey guys the game experienced an unhandled error crashed restarted and then installed all the way. when i hit play the game crashes and says an unhandled error has occurred.  

Macbook retina early 2016 with EL Capitan 10.11.4

If you c

On 5/28/2016 at 7:03 PM, kalman81 said:

when launching the game from the launcher it crashes on my mac:

Application C:/Games/World_of_Warships/WorldOfWarships.exe crashed 05.28.2016 at 15:57:10

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION : 0x80000101 @ 0x97987572) ()

System info:
    OS Name: Windows XP
    OS Version: 5.5 Service Pack 3
    OS Architecture: x86

Memory info:
    Virtual memory: 64Kb/4192191Kb (1%)
    Working set (process physical memory): 0Kb/2097152Kb (0%)
    Commit charge (working set + process page file usage): 0Kb/3147708Kb (0%)
    Global physical memory: 1046596Kb/2097152Kb (49%)
    Global commitable memory (physical + pagefile): 1046596Kb/3147708Kb (34%)

System info:
COMPUTERNAME = MacBook
APPLICATION = C:\Games\World_of_Warships\worldofwarships.exe wows_wait_for_mutex
8 PROCESSOR(S) = 0 - 6 2a07
DISPLAYDEVICE 0 = \\.\DISPLAY1, X11 Windowing System, PCI\VEN_0000&DEV_0000

an help that would be cool. otherwise I'm juts gonna try and reinstall 

[-985]
Members
2 posts
9,969 battles
Just now, got_ya_2 said:

what did you do to fix the problem? im running into the same thing now