NyxWGA

Illegal Mods and Consequences

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

385 posts in this topic

I think it's great that WoW keeps it fair. Cheats DO ruin a game for the other players.

Why do you have to denigrate good players as an excuse for why you aren't better?  Mesrith, CO of Kraken and a contributor on both this forum and wotlab has a long term K/D of 3.5 and is around 4.0 in most of his recents.  His K/D is so high because he is just that good, he plays vanilla, as do most of the youtube content providers we learn from.  Notser and iChase are both at 3.5 and have periods of 4.0 as well.

There are lots of explanations for why they can do something you can't, there is no explanation for you uniformly condemning good players, however.  "But it has come to my attention that almost all the top players use an aimbot...", wow - I bet you just eat up that fake news huh?

As I said,ABOVE 4 (I've checked stats on several clan guys that were just unbelievable & they had k/d of 6-10,damage of 80,000-140,000 per battle,less than 2,000 battles).....there are aim assits out there & I'm pretty sure the highest stat players are using them..........

I'm sure I can't keep up with the utubers,but with rng nerfing my guns & MM stacking my team with the worst nonteam players ever really keeps my stats down :(

Edited by Unacceptable_1

I think we all need to relax and go back to the guy saying the fix is to code the game in ios.

Seriously, someone give that guy a medal.  

yes i just been thru this in random battles  getting my T5 killed by a t4 dd at 11km with  HE shell strike. i love the game but so tired of the hackers

Pure gold.  

As I said,ABOVE 4 (I've checked stats on several clan guys that were just unbelievable & they had k/d of 6-10,damage of 80,000-140,000 per battle,less than 2,000 battles).....there are aim assits out there & I'm pretty sure the highest stat players are using them..........

I'm sure I can't keep up with the utubers,but with rng nerfing my guns & MM stacking my team with the worst nonteam players ever really keeps my stats down :(

LOL. A lot of highly skilled players actually play vanilla.

Sorry bud, there's always someone out there that has completely mastered a game or subject in life so handily that they are miles ahead of everyone else. I still have a long way to go to get to where I want, but I'm doing it completely vanilla myself. 

those aren't cheats those are rerolls.

those aren't cheats those are rerolls.

So rerolling can get your stats to those levels???

I use this site to check stats:

http://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1014727998,Unacceptable_1/

It has daily & weekly, just cant see how THAT many can be that good,sorry but I call shenanigans!!!

Oh well,it's a free game so whatever................ :(

So rerolling can get your stats to those levels???

I use this site to check stats:

http://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1014727998,Unacceptable_1/

It has daily & weekly, just cant see how THAT many can be that good,sorry but I call shenanigans!!!

Oh well,it's a free game so whatever................ :(

Reroll means making a new account.

I have something like 6,000 matches under my belt. I do pretty decent in matches. But if you look at my all time stats, you wouldn't see how good I am, because my first 1,000 or so matches I sucked horribly, and my next 1,000 I was mediocre. So they get heavily weighed down. While my stats for the past month puts me more towards the higher end. So if I decided to screw over my progress and make a new account that account would like amazing, but have very little play time.

Now take into account some people have been playing since the closed alpha of the game, and the alpha/beta progress was not saved, or archived by stat sites, and people do have a life outside of playing video games, those stats on those sites will not show how much actual experience they have. Hell one of the best learning experiences I ever had, was in a training room where a unicum player walked me through how to play a USN dd. Training matches, especially for things like super league don't show up on stat sites since its all training room work that doesn't affect game progress.

I strongly approve, as previously mentioned hacks don't make you good at the game!

insane how much is cheating is going on -  got hammered by a New York (I was in Kongo) and I never saw him; only after I was killed i saw that he was  only 14 km away, not in smoke but even so I never saw him; not even when he was firing.  now what kinda of new cheat/mod is this? 

that is just 1 of the many incidents; is it still worth playing this game? well... its free; I wouldn't spent a single penny on it that is for sure.

If you feel cheats are in use Report them in a support ticket with evidence every time Posting here will do no good at all

thank you for addressing this issue i was beginning to wonder if anything was going to be done as i have just witnessed 2 different players with illegal mods and to be truthful it's getting a little aggravating to play anymore and for those that use these mods you all are childish and pitiful that you have to cheat at an online game to make yourselves feel better it's disgraceful and as far as I'm concerned they should be banned at once and never allowed to return

I hope the bloody bots get the message in Co-op battle!!!! No more cheat for bots!  (there I said it!!)  :P

Seriously I would put the stats of the cheater to zero but keep the number of battle they did! That´s the best punishments.

Hope they do the same to WoT and WoW. Lets fight equally!

I hope the bloody bots get the message in Co-op battle!!!! No more cheat for bots!  (there I said it!!)  :P

Seriously I would put the stats of the cheater to zero but keep the number of battle they did! That´s the best punishments.

Hope they do the same to WoT and WoW. Lets fight equally!

^^^^^^^^^ Now that is a great Idea If you cheat you lose all Stats, But I would add no stat gains for two weeks so then no matter how hard a player tries to regain a respectable stat they can't for the penalty time. A BIG FAT ZERO will stare them in the Face

Thanks guys!

I have to admit I was a little nervous to post this, considering how upset some folks were previously. But not so nervous that I wasn't going to do it, because it's the right thing to do. I am a gamer through and through, just like you. People who cheat piss me off, just like you. I get it that people want to win, but cheating is just a super lame way to do it in my opinion. I'd rather be unpopular while standing up for what I think is right, than popular for paying lip service to crap that I don't really believe in!

And this isn't just about me - Wargaming is taking this stand - I am just the messenger but I whole heartedly support it.

That is good to hear. I am a average player and don't mind being beaten by skill not a cheat. Its hard enough as a solo player to battle groups let alone those who are using cheats to their advantage. Please keep it clean here and in WOT.

Do not list specific illegal mods. Cheaters will use it as a shopping list...

Edited by Mordalen

I agree cheating is terrible which is why I always like following the rules.

I must say though Wargaming should not be surprised to find players modding the game since Microsoft based software is more like a revolving door than a firewall which is a well known fact to many in the computer field. You know the complaint about Mac based games I hear from gamers? It's the fact they can't easily Mod games like they say they can do either PC. If Wargaming rewrites the WOWs coding to be IOS based and just have PC connect to it instead of the other way around then the game will gain 100% better security against hacks and cheats. I am actually shocked that after making Blitz they ran right back to making PC games that can get hacked instead of building on their progress in making IOS based games.

you really have (and most that use the term AIMBOT) have NO IDEA what a server side game is based on and that it can 99% cannot be "hacked"....

I really wish that the people that call others cheaters simply because they have better AIM would just stop playing the game....

Yeah there is(was) an aim ASSIST... but it is no match for the WASD HACK....which is one of the reasons it is all but gone... I am entertained by these threads, but at the same time confused as to why, with all of the seemingly KNOWLEDGEABLE people on PC's not but ONE of you truly knows what this server-side game is, as opposed to a client-side... (which by the way dude is kind of what you suggested above.....) Pity.... it makes the good players look bad cause the potatoes cannot aim or dodge...

Edited by pmgaudio

Saying that it 99% can't be hacked is wrong since anything anywhere can be hacked. But with serversided games, there's more than just the server itself at play here. That is what makes it harder.

you really have (and most that use the term AIMBOT) have NO IDEA what a server side game is based on and that it can 99% cannot be "hacked"....

I really wish that the people that call others cheaters simply because they have better AIM would just stop playing the game....

Yeah there is(was) an aim ASSIST... but it is no match for the WASD HACK....which is one of the reasons it is all but gone... I am entertained by these threads, but at the same time confused as to why, with all of the seemingly KNOWLEDGEABLE people on PC's not but ONE of you truly knows what this server-side game is, as opposed to a client-side... (which by the way dude is kind of what you suggested above.....) Pity.... it makes the good players look bad cause the potatoes cannot aim or dodge...

So if I'm the sneakiest DD in the match and I've NOT been located by line of site, radar or planes.... and I get hit by every single round of an incoming salvo multiple times by an individual outside my detection range and their radar range, while I'm jinking....  there's some skill involved, mine or the one firing?  Oh and might I add that the size of my dd is far smaller than their dispersion cone at range.   I think you might have to re-evaluate your opinion sir.

So if I'm the sneakiest DD in the match and I've NOT been located by line of site, radar or planes.... and I get hit by every single round of an incoming salvo multiple times by an individual outside my detection range and their radar range, while I'm jinking....  there's some skill involved, mine or the one firing?  Oh and might I add that the size of my dd is far smaller than their dispersion cone at range.   I think you might have to re-evaluate your opinion sir.

that does NOT MEAN you are not spotted.....

and I think YOU need to re-evaluate your in game skills and understanding of the game in general.....

WAuD69Q.jpg

Edited by pmgaudio

thank you for addressing this issue i was beginning to wonder if anything was going to be done as i have just witnessed 2 different players with illegal mods and to be truthful it's getting a little aggravating to play anymore and for those that use these mods you all are childish and pitiful that you have to cheat at an online game to make yourselves feel better it's disgraceful and as far as I'm concerned they should be banned at once and never allowed to return

see, it's players liek YOU that make these threads worthy of being not only locked but DELETED...

WHERE is the PROOF???

Where is the replay that tells EVERYONE HERE that you saw an illegal mod????

What Mod do you THINK they were using to be better at aiming than YOU???

WHat PROOF do you have other than an opinion of a hack???

WHy do these threads not ever get locked????

You are not good so they must be a haxor.....

So sad the state of the game, and NOT because of "hackers" but because of all the players that ACCUSE the players that are good at the game....

and the funny thing is, EVERY SINGLE ONE of you accusers has not gotten past 47ish%.... and YOU are hidden..... funny how the better players don't seem to have an issue with getting killed once in a while.... and I am prolly the WORST of the ones NOT whining... and you don't see ME whining... I just try harder,,, and get better  little by little...

START LEARNING or STOP PLAYING.... no ones forcing you to log in and get sunk....

Edited by pmgaudio

Funny story.  Today on my CV, I just saw ALL THE BOTS hightail it straight for the Ohotnik...    It was a standard battle and the new DD wasn't even detected.  I thought it odd he headed straight for the far corner.

My CV was running out of strategic targets, and I was like....   WTH are all the bots...    hahahahahahaha    6 bots had cornered the Ohotnik --  way down in the lower left of our side of the map.

That's it..   I'M BUYING ONE.

Problem is, OP, if the mod is a cheat by WG definition, then why a 7 day ban? Why not just the permanent ban to begin with?

Why let these cheaters off at all? Another half baked solution by WG, imho.

I love the server side excuse. If there wasn't a such thing as illegal mods, then you wouldn't have WG trying to do something about them. I would bet if all mods were removed, you would see a big drop in name player and clans.

Thanks guys!

I have to admit I was a little nervous to post this, considering how upset some folks were previously. But not so nervous that I wasn't going to do it, because it's the right thing to do. I am a gamer through and through, just like you. People who cheat piss me off, just like you. I get it that people want to win, but cheating is just a super lame way to do it in my opinion. I'd rather be unpopular while standing up for what I think is right, than popular for paying lip service to crap that I don't really believe in!

And this isn't just about me - Wargaming is taking this stand - I am just the messenger but I whole heartedly support it.

you did the right thing. It's always best to do that and let the consequences fall where they may. This is why I have so much respect for their team. Finally, thank you guys so much for doing what I have always asked.