NyxWGA

New Teamkilling Consequences

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

1,055 posts in this topic

You caused a decent "amount" of damage to go over the games disciplinary threshold. If that even makes sense but this is what I have seen take place and been a part of as well.

Let me explain, I was deliberately shelled by a Cleveland for no reason. (co-op) He just turned and fired behind him towards me at the start of the match, it set a fire. Yep which I let burn for a bit then later repaired. He then proceeded to shell and or ram another team mate later in that same match.  After he did so much damage he turned pink during the match.

I think that if you accidentally ram someone that is minor damage but for something like a flooding or fire which you can take continuous damage for, it just keeps adding to the tally if the person cannot repair it.

Then you get dinged.  Sorry.

I had a really odd one the other day. Was in my Leander. I had teamed with another CL( Emerald as I recall but may have been Omaha? - doesn't really matter ). We fought together to capture A with the BB that spawned on our side. He actually died but we survived. The game was winding down and it was just the 2 of us on our side and then 1 enemy and a teammate battling in C plus the enemy CV( on C side of islands ). I tried to keep up a good chat while the battle was on with the BB and CL as I usually do so we all know what we are doing. The BB guy was great  but the CL player never responded to either of us even though he played with us and clearly followed some of what we said based on his actions.

So once our side was clear the 2 of us start heading for the C side of map and the CV. I tell the CL with me to keep going and hunt down the CV and I will stay and cap then catch up( points too close to not do it ). I slow down and stop in A and begin capping as the other CL keeps going. Mind you the game is about over so there is no threat of enemy ships, and the planes are on the other side of the map, so I just stopped in the wide open to cap at the edge of the area so I could get going asap once done.. No islands or anything to hide me from the other CL's view. All of a sudden they turn and come back, cross my bow, then proceed to launch a poorly aimed( thankfully )full spread of torps at me form basically point blank range. Luckily I only took 2 and did not get blown up. I send a chat saying STOP I am on your team. The idiot then shoots me with his guns. I again hollered at him in chat = WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

At that point he turns again and sails back across my bow and heads on to C. I asked in chat why he did that and no answer. What really gets me is not once did the chat show a penalty/warning for him causing me damage. Not once. And yes he was on my team. It was not an enemy. Bad enough he did that but then not to be penalized really irked me. Wish I had a replay to send in but I don't have it enabled. All I could do was report him for poor play.

Accidents happen but this was 100% on purpose. Have seen similar before but this was the most blatant I have seen. I have no explanation as to why nothing showed in chat about him damaging me either?

What about people who ignore your torps and run into a spread meant for the enemy?

I was thinking about TK penalty some today and want to suggest that it be split into 2 penalties:

Type 1) Player kills a team member.  Result: They go pink and get pink penalty plus receive no experience until they win one battle without doing any damage to a team mate.  This way one accidental shot or torp does not ruin the weekend day a player has set a aside to play WoWs.

Type 2) Players in the top 1% of damage versus team mates.  These players are permanently pink until they get out of the top 1%.

Additionally, I suggest that all players already in Pink status should lose 1 reputation point each time they kill an ally.  Additional penalties are possible such as requiring positive reputation to join a clan, disabling missions and containers while in pink status, disallowing team play while pink, etc.

Edited by Zim_Xero

This is old news Complaints and further suggestions for changes here will do no good. Get use to the system and live with it play on and enjoy. If you are bothered by this in any way so much then report offenders in a support ticket with evidence in every case

This is old news Complaints and further suggestions for changes here will do no good. Get use to the system and live with it play on and enjoy. If you are bothered by this in any way so much then report offenders in a support ticket with evidence in every case

And that is your opinion, but then others have genuine input on this issue and it is their right as well to speak their mind about the ongoing issue. Realistically it should be up to WOW to come up with a simpler system to report these issues that is built into the game, not something you have to change the game file to allow for said reporting.

Yes, the system works.  I would like to see more penalty on repeat offenders, less on infrequent offenders, that is all.    Also, it seems I struck a nerve with CaptMuddxx, which happens, but it comes across to your average forum reader as an elitist, entitled attitude.  

Hey new ideas here absolutely fantastic but the problem is if you play this game a little bit you know that not much gets done they turn people pink was the last real update on this and that's been a year-and-a-half so if you're prepared to wait that long then something might get done at least it feels that way sometimes

But they're happy every 90 days to change things that you like be prepared for that too

Also please do a search in the forums upper right-hand corner before you really want to get deep into some of your ideas because a lot of times they've been posted a hundred thousand times already and some of the old players get edgy saying it again

Alot of people myself included say hey some should get done but we don't really give details on how it really should get done

we just say somebody should do it but I don't think they know what to do either so we need details

Like they need to be band for a week

Band for 2 weeks

Band for a month band you know ext

Have a big bicycle orange warning flag on them for a day like really big give them double detection range or something

Make them send a apology message letter and I love you to the offended player before they can play again

So please give them something to really think about give them ideas

Glhf

Good luck have fun

Or good luck high five depending on how you read it:)

Edited by silverdahc

someone cut infront of me ( me being the larger ship ) and i rammed them, I was penalized, this happened twice, then some muppet also cruised right into my firing line and got shot, again causing me to be penalized, Now im labeled as a team killer because other muppets cant look around themselves.

5/7
Perfect Score
Best Germ.

Why on Earth do you have team damage in the first place? WOT's don't have that issue as they don't have team damage and the game is fun and works great!

If any player is reprimanded for real mistakes like "Torps sent several KM away" that's messed up and wrong! and whats the consequences for a team mate who purposely sails into them or who doesn't want to repair his ship from sinking when he clearly has repairs to use?

If a player in a DD is so afraid to send torps in fear of a reprimand for someone NOT paying attention diminishes the game appeal.

Battleships don't have to worry about team killing as much as Destroyers, is that fair?

I would think more attention needs to be on Blatant misuse of team killing, Botting and AFKers disciplines.

Edited by GL4D2KILLU

Had a strange one last night.  Was in a Bismarck, a tier 10 German BB cut in front while I was firing, hit him with 2 shell, unfortunately also fire  and he got 12k from fire damage.  Overall 15K on damage, but turned me pick and system took away 1/2 of my hit points for penalty.  The guy was not dead when I was getting dinged, after game in the details tab, above on his ship( in pink) said I had 15k in damage to him, but at the bottom of the screen said I did 45K total damage, but no other ships showed that I had damaged them.  Did not sink anyone but now pink for 9 games.

Edited by Panzer1113

I see that I am not alone. Your report is almost identical to mine (back one page, about 1/2 way down.)

I have never received a reason for why it happened, and I beginning to doubt I ever will.

All very annoying, because I have been killed by "friendly fire" twice since that report, (both times from torps fired from behind me) and have not seen the person that killed me turn pink or even receive a warning in chat..

It would be very nice if the WG team answered some of thesre questions.

The silence leads to way too many tinfoil hat theories.

Just a thought if you were hit by torps and no pink in chat, perhaps the OTHER team hit you. An unseen dd or perhaps a cv drop!

As to the OP 9 games, you hit more than one ship! When the gae is over go to damage screen and it will list (up top just like the enemy) who and how much damage you did!! (Don't ask how I know!)

You can go to co-op with a low tier ship (I used tier 1) and work it off pretty quickly.

Gentlemen, I think I may have found a solution to this. A dev should contact me via email and I'll send you the idea through email. This will actually work without banning or having multiple players report people.

What’s the most number of Team Kills in a single game by a single player?

Seems like someone will create a game playing entity for that purpose eventually.

I've seen where people scrapped paint on me but I got a message saying I damaged an ally.  Is there a better explanation on how this is going to work?  I have also been the cause of gun fire and torpedo damage because someone else drove into the path of the fish.  Why would I get penalized if someone wasnt paying attention and cross the fishes path.  It isn't like an ADCAP where I can disable the fish after it has in inadvertently locked on to an allied ship.

Would it not be feasable if:

Option 1: One player per team who has , let's say common sense,
is appointed automatically by the game as a monitor. This could be base on a combination of how many
battles a person has fought (most) with the best record of how that person behaves in a battle
( no profanity, TKing etc.).

Option 2: Server side

Penalties:
1) Chat abuse: disables the players chat. that person cannot use chat or the
quick chat functions for the duration of the game

2) Tk, shooting friendly ships: disable the player or players ability to fire for 1 or 2 minutes ( which can be vital )

I may be crazy but why not just make it that you can't damage a friendly.  All this trying to figure out how to ban people can be solved pretty easy.

Had a strange one last night.  Was in a Bismarck, a tier 10 German BB cut in front while I was firing, hit him with 2 shell, unfortunately also fire  and he got 12k from fire damage.

Your problem was you were firing HE from a German BB. :teethhappy:

It would be nice if the gunsight actually showed when your guns were blocked by a friendly or an island. As it is now, you just get the "Don't fire at your allies" warning after the fact. In the heat of battle, I have failed to notice the warning (especially if it is in Japanese) and fired a second time. I have fired numerous salvos into an island I thought I could fire over, only realizing the problem when I  notice I have no shells landing near the target.

A semi-transparent diagonal line across the gunsight would be nice to show that some of your guns MAY be blocked. If you still want to fire, hoping a couple of shells make it through the gap/over the island, you still can. It might remind you to zoom out and see what is blocking you.

It would seem that tkers damage has been lowered or I just noticed it. I took 5 torpedoes in a DD by a tker in RANKED and was still afloat... Barely.

I may be crazy but why not just make it that you can't damage a friendly.  All this trying to figure out how to ban people can be solved pretty easy.

I agree with you 100% Angry. WG should still have some sort of plan to deal with people either trolling or ranting when they die. We all must consider that this is a public game, People have differing strategies that work, but we cannot expect that other members of our team know what is going through the other person's mind or if that strat will flop under certain cercumstances. Hence, we still could have some sort of option that allows players to silence those ranters. The exsisting option is worthless [sts].

there is a problem some peopledont lok at there radar or listen for audible sounds and intentionallly run across a team members torpedoes.most my team kill are due to the other players not paying attention to what going on around them

Your problem was you were firing HE from a German BB. :teethhappy:

It would be nice if the gunsight actually showed when your guns were blocked by a friendly or an island. As it is now, you just get the "Don't fire at your allies" warning after the fact. In the heat of battle, I have failed to notice the warning (especially if it is in Japanese) and fired a second time. I have fired numerous salvos into an island I thought I could fire over, only realizing the problem when I  notice I have no shells landing near the target.

A semi-transparent diagonal line across the gunsight would be nice to show that some of your guns MAY be blocked. If you still want to fire, hoping a couple of shells make it through the gap/over the island, you still can. It might remind you to zoom out and see what is blocking you.

Something to indicate that would be good.  When firing, you are focused on the target and hard to see that some of the guns are blocked.  And yes, was firing HE was up tiered and the Bismarck 15 inch have some problems against tier 9/10 ( also running secondary in second slot instead of aiming so dispersion bad) so was hoping for a little HE spamming at range. 

Sounds good...maybe players will pay more attention too their surrounding.

But you will have that accidental rams, shots fired and torp attacks...

I would look at the chat and see if they say their sorry...which would mean it was an accident.

Because there can be too much happening and the player can be overwhelmed, which would lead to mistakes.