NyxWGA

New Teamkilling Consequences

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

1,055 posts in this topic

In all honestly, if you are constantly killing your teammates, perhaps you should look at how you play and adjust a bit.

How many team killers are actually going to see this message?

Then again, perhaps it's better if they don't.... 

there's at least ONE that did to my knowledge.....:hiding::teethhappy:

But it is a good step in the right direction.... now, ABOUT THAT STRAFING thing that everyone on about.....

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. Depending on what percentage range you fall into, you will receive a 3, 7, or 14 day ban based on April’s results. Anyone who did team damage in the large majority of their battles will be permabanned, and we won’t be accepting appeals for these. There is simply no valid excuse for that much team damage.

Thank you! On a side note, damage from collisions, secondaries, and strafing needs to be excluded from this.

I have a question...

An Atago captain (ally) fired 8 torps at close range to my Yamato because he sailed into me and blamed me for ramming him, I didn't die because all the torps hit the torpedo belt... but he didn't turn pink either (happened several months ago). I didn't get full compensation on repair fee for the damage he dealt to me. Does that count as "team kill" ? He didn't exactly killed me... Will there be more severe punishment for players like that in near future? (At least pay for full repair fee for any friendly damage to ally ships.)

Edited by KagetsukiArk

I have only one up-vote to give... Thank you. Don't suppose you can do something about that tinnitus thing, can ya? :)

WHAT DID YOU SAY>>??:amazed:

Sorry I can't hear you with this ringing in my ears!!

Considering the subject matter, this thread has gone on far too long without any discussion about when the Kitakami will come back... :popcorn:

In all honestly, if you are constantly killing your teammates, perhaps you should look at how you play and adjust a bit.

That is exactly what this change does, I think. Someone too careless with torps will need to mind them a bit better, or get a warning that could escalate into a ban (or start with a ban, if they TK that much).

Guys I think people are missing a key phrase here.

In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Here is my question/problem. Sometimes, especially new dd, CV and low tier ijn cruiser players won't learn fast enough or if they play prolifically then they might meet that 5 tk marker. What is the damage threshold to count for the tk damage in battles %. Because team bumps happen and minor accidental damage is taken. If that counts then those players might have a massively higher % of battles with tk damage done. 

I think one big way resolve some of the issues is to: 

1. Proved an after battle check box for players tk'd where they can select if they thought the player did the tk on purpose or accident. While not 100% accurate as some players will be mad regardless it will help keep new players from getting permanently banned and hopefully get the players that are purposely doing it ID'd for banning.

2. If death by friendly torps is the case then the game should run a time tracker on them if the torps were fired off more than 20-30 seconds before the tk happened or from a range greater than 7-8km then it should be flagged as an accidental kill. I know I've had friendly DDs get killed by my torps at 10km out. Minutes after I'd fired them at a target that direction.

The scary line is right here:

Once you have received a consequence for TK, appearing on a list again in the future, regardless of percentage damage done, will result in harsher penalties.

Better learn to hit "P" on those secondaries battleships.

As glad as I am to see they are finally going to try to deal with the issue, I think the unintended side-effects could end up being an issue. 

From the constant gold seller spam in the game now, it seems clear that WG cannot or will not IP/Mac address ban. The unintended side-effect is that this will simply push the serial Tker's into the lower tiers with new accounts, where they really are the biggest issue for the game.

Thank you! On a side note, damage from collisions, secondaries, and strafing needs to be excluded from this.

Overall, the change looks like a good balance of grace for unintentional acts and firm action for intentional TK-ers. I do, however, agree with Ice on these three exclusions.

Guys I think people are missing a key phrase here.

But in other places he says "some amount of ally damage". So it's not clear if you have to have actually killed 5 teammates, or just have damaged them.

If it's just "some" damage to 5 different allies, allied collisions alone could easily push you over that.

If it's actual kills, it will be much harder to run afoul of this. On the other hand, if someone did get over that 5 limit, incidental stuff like collisions (or as someone else pointed out, secondaries) could make it nigh impossible to get on the system's good side again.

2. If death by friendly torps is the case then the game should run a time tracker on them if the torps were fired off more than 20-30 seconds before the tk happened or from a range greater than 7-8km then it should be flagged as an accidental kill. I know I've had friendly DDs get killed by my torps at 10km out. Minutes after I'd fired them at a target that direction.

This attitude is precisely why we need harsh penalties. If you don't realize on your own that you should never launch with friendlies in front of you, maybe a 3-day ban will help.

Great steps but you shouldn't excuse ANY deliberate team killing.

We're not excusing it, but if it only happened once ever, I don't think someone deserves to be banned over a single lapse in judgement.

So we are allowed 5 teamkills a month before we get in trouble?

People who habitually appear on the list and establish a pattern will not get off repeatedly with no consequences (I know this was more of a joke comment :) but I did want to be clear about it.

Nyx, does damage incurred from accidental collisions with team mates count against a player?

We are only counting actually ship kills. Minor damage done accidentally won't register as an outright ship kill, unless they had like 2 hp left. Even if that happened, it would only be one kill. I feel pretty confident that the folks receiving consequences do in fact deserve them.

So we are allowed 5 teamkills a month before we get in trouble?

maybe, but once you get in trouble

its permanent

Erm... fix the "TK for shooting allied planes thing" in 0.5.6 first? :V

This attitude is precisely why we need harsh penalties. If you don't realize on your own that you should never launch with friendlies in front of you, maybe a 3-day ban will help.

Yeah, sorry, but I agree with Ice. Torps are one thing people need to be mindful of, even at longer ranges. If in doubt, don't launch. Or if there's a teammate downrange, accept the risk.

We are only counting actually ship kills. Minor damage done accidentally won't register as an outright ship kill, unless they had like 2 hp left. Even if that happened, it would only be one kill. I feel pretty confident that the folks receiving consequences do in fact deserve them.

...and that clears that up. Thanks!

That's better. I haven't accidentally TKed anyone in a couple of months. I completely agree that 5 TKs in a month is outrageously excessive.

We are only counting actually ship kills.

sounds like just maybe

turning pink won't raise the red flag

Well what about the 2 HP ship that deliberately collides with an ally That TK will be counted against the player who has done nothing wrong at all other than being hit by a suicidal ally

Which metric has more weight? The amount of damage dealt or delivering the final blow to a friendly?

Jingles posted a video a couple weeks back that showed an ally being set on fire by secondaries and burning down. The damage dealt wasn't much, but it was enough to send him to the bottom. 

Also, how does this account for friendly plane kills?

Thanks Nyx!! :)

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

I never do. DD's are fast and change direction quickly. I've fired off torps with a 10km wide path for them and still managed to nail a friendly dd who was booking it in the opposite direction when I fired. Also, if you're a friendly dd and you get hit by torps from a cruiser or other dd that's 8+ km away that's your fault for not paying attention too.

Well what about the 2 HP ship that deliberately collides with an ally That TK will be counted against the player who has done nothing wrong at all other than being hit by a suicidal ally

he has a point....

I have seen this happen