NyxWGA

New Teamkilling Consequences

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

1,055 posts in this topic

Sounds like a step in the right direction 

I guess you guys do listen to us after-all :P

Wow... that's pretty harsh compared to WoT.  I don't have anything to worry about, but still.  I'm not saying I disagree, but it is a bit surprising.

losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day.

Great steps but you shouldn't excuse ANY deliberate team killing.

We want to be fair here, and not penalize people for making actual mistakes, or even losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day. In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Is this saying then that you'd need 5 TKs to even get the warning or does "consequence" refer to the bans only?

Either way, I think 5 is perhaps a bit too generous of a minimum but it's definitely a step in the right direction, thanks.

So, question...

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. 

Does 'friendly' collision damage count? It's a very small thing but very common enough, usually 1 person or the other was completely helpless to stop it (eg BB can't move out of the way of a DD making a hard turn into them). But if that flags for 'battle with TK damage' it might be a bit harsh, particularly to the person not at fault...

Although I do think the 5 TK minimum, if that is actual kills, should rule out this the vast majority of the time, but still...

I do think this is a great move overall, just the collision mechanic might be harsh on someone that made an honest mistake.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

There are way more accidental pink players with the new system from the last patch. Counting the number of incidents vs battles does indeed identify the serial TK'rs and is a good step to make them learn or remove them.

Damn ally collisions...

I dont think thats what TK damage means, id say it means dmg that lead to a kill right?

What do you define as "TK" damage? Is it paint scrapping or actual shooting/torping?

I had a player the other day deliberately run into me over and over again. There's nothing I can do about that.

Edited by CapnCappy

So we are allowed 5 teamkills a month before we get in trouble?

GChGsC8.png

How many team killers are actually going to see this message?

Then again, perhaps it's better if they don't.... 

A step in the right direction, however, I also wonder about collision damage vs. torp or gun damage.  Is ally damage just ally damage with no regard to how the damage occurred and furthering that thought, what about that same player who you are now scraping paint with is on the same side as your guns, and you fire, hearing that "don't fire at your teammates" message.  Doesn't happen often but does happen from time to time.  OR do the consequences occur with a team death..?

So we are allowed 5 teamkills a month before we get in trouble?

87mrz20.jpg

I'm all for this but...

1)Please remove killing your own, or allied planes by a strife off this list.

Otherwise seems fine if you're going to enforce it.

2) Hopefully it'll be more meaningful than the current "reporting system". In fact, why don't you just enforce the current "reporting system" and add "this guys a teamkiller" the the dropdown options. You can enforce it through the "existing system" rather than implementing an additional system.

I just find it odd that a new punishment system is being put in place when the old punishment system never had any visible punishment attributed to it.

Tkers coming to complain on the forums cause they got permabanned in 3......2......1............*wild thread appeared*

Hopefully, I don't get bombed by my own carrier because I trash-talk him again...

I have only one up-vote to give... Thank you. Don't suppose you can do something about that tinnitus thing, can ya? :)

Well now how will this sit with the recent TK status report in the 5.6 PT for CV Stafing kills on friendly planes

Well be interesting, I think I have a list of named and shamed Serial tkers, that were still playing last I checked.

Guess I'll have to check stats again. :teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

Nyx, does damage incurred from accidental collisions with team mates count against a player?

Nyx, does damage incurred from accidental collisions with team mates count against a player?

Inquiring minds want to know....does it count??  I've had damage over the past month, and its all been from collisions and all accidental on my part I might add, not so much on the other guys part that deliberately rammed me!