Quemapueblos

Community Summit
Questions for the Dev Team? Ask Here!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

429 posts in this topic

Will WG be disclosing on how they have changed the :bot: mechanics in co-op? Meaning: addressing :bots: firing torps into real players, resulting in a TK that then allows the match to be lost? Happened again to me today. What about torps after death, increased :bot: accuracy that results in more damage received? Or, the ability to dodge torps at near blank range? I really enjoyed watching a TX dodge a volley of torps broadside at under 3km out.

Since 5.12 the mechanics has changed significantly and not for the better. Many times I have been bow on against my doppelganger (exchanging volley for volley) only to receive more damage than what I deal. I always love doing 726 damage while the bots scores 2k+ (or more).

What about increasing the 'load in' time for battles, so as not to have 7 bots on my team and I'm the only real person. Playing when the player base is 3,500-4,500 makes me cringe when I hit battle. I'd rather wait longer for a full team than load in with one other guy and 6 :bots:.

What about :bots: insta-detecting torps and incoming shells?

What about taking incoming fire before I'm even detected by ship or plane?

Not saying make co-op easier, but come on, there is some major [edited ]in matches I have been in. Other players have noticed this as well.

I can add to this list as well...

• Bots firing all of their torps without having to be in arc to do so. What was one torpedo spread is now a double spread. Both at the same speed too. And they never turned their ship to launch them. Like we have to do...
  • Bots firing all their torps upon death.
  • My ship not being allowed to fire all of my torps even though I can hear the action take place but they are never in the water, then I'm insta dead.
  • stock player ships going up against fully modded bot ships, this includes CV's too.
  • I was torping a Scharnhorst at less than 3 km with my Scharnhorst and only one torp hit. I reverse torped him with both sets.
  • Shell arcs still hitting you even though you are turning out of them.
  • Nerfing the cruiser and BB turning speeds so we are unable to turn out of a set of torps. Where before I could do this in my cruisers at least and have half a chance to do so in my bb's.
  • Shells hitting a brand new BB one with a Pen that should have done 33% damage but did nothing and the bot still had no damage to it.

A list of known UI bugs that still need to be fixed-

• The turn A & D keys are not engaging. I've gone through 3 keyboards on this alone. It is not the keyboards!
  • When I drop speed 1 notch in a BB I get dumped to below 3/4 speed and the ship has to then recover just to regain 3/4 speed. Can you please explain this?
  • The overall game play is slow now. Has the game speed been slowed?
    • I.e. had a bot Colorado out run a Player Colorado
    • Have had bot cruisers out run my cruisers etc...

I would hope to see over all some response to the bug problems that have been plaguing the game and users before more upgrades and fancy graphics or changed sounds are considered. The game is large enough and doesn't need flames on the screen or music playing for it to be enjoyable and fun. Please stop adding to the bloat ware of the game client and start fixing the problems at hand. Please?

About the super containers:  What are the odds of getting a super container when gambling and not gambling?

I am also curious about the odds, but have not seen an answer yet.  It's no big deal, but I am on my 38th attempt at rolling the dice without scoring a super container.

is there a way to fix accidental purchase of premium camo on nonprenium ships, like per say a premium camo on a Bismark and Frederick der Große?

there are a lot of things that need fixing.. i complain about the biased hits and capabilities between allied and axis ships.. and i dare to say openly that i feel the game is taking a dive for the worst, every update that takes away something from a ship with "mythical powers" also takes things away from ships that have been under-scaled IE  don't have the capabilities they did have.

i have mentioned it before and will say so again.. lady's/gent's  developers get the historical facts right and do something about the endless reloads of torpedoes. limit the ammunition of higher tiers to realistic amounts  no battleship carried 12000 rounds of 11/12/14/15/16/18/20 inch ammo, no cruiser carried thousands of rounds of main gun ammo. and destroyers.. think 300 rounds per gun, large ones maybe up to 500 per gun.

i like the game and will play it a while longer but i hate having to dodge salvo after salvo after salvo after salvo of torpedoes from a destroyer i can't see.. or can't hit  because somehow my 12 6 inch guns on my Fiji are unable to hit an akizuki 10 km away  while there are splashes all around the ship.. in some co-op battles  the 15  guns on the cruisers of me and my son where unable at 5km distance to hit a destroyer.. splashes all around.. but no hits that caused damage.

eventually the destroyer sank both of us .. with hits of guns and torpedoes, our combined 14 hits had done only 3 k damage..  seriously ??

fix it please, make ships like they are supposed to be, fragile and ready to explode.

also ships that suffer engine damage for example.. this lasts 20 seconds ???  if that was the case of the real Bismarck and Yamato they would probably both have survived the year of their doom and caused a lot more worries and possibly the construction of the Lion and Montana classes.

Krijn

PS bring in the "cruiser killer"  Hr Ms Eendracht .. the never build dutch Battle-cruiser.

Why are the NA community and the EU community treated differently? For instance the premium EU store always has more ships available.

Weird shell damage issues. Why can a Bogue carrier withstand 10 to 12 hits, both Ap and HE from a Kongo and still have half her HP? Getting torpedoed by invisible DDs..not hidden in smoke mind you but torps appearing from open sea, not a ship in sight not a ship on the mini map. DD only becomes visible at about 5k..a bit too late.  Why when my DD closes on a cruiser or BB in co-op I'm immediatley disabled, yet the bot DDs absorb incredible damage, maintain engine and steering and launch torps. 

1:Why do we have a free ride on a artillery shell? Most dumb thing in the game!

2:What is its purpose?

3:Why does it go off in close battles?

4:Why is the hits being messed with every patch now you rain shells on a ship , example 98 shots and only 4 hits register?

Its time to give ships a break until you fix it

5:Missions arsonist in missions I have not gotten arsonist in this patch nor the last one. Cant complete the mission, does this mean the ship is not being given out? Dragon ship box is not there?

6: hits not being scored correctly.

I have some confusion about the Chinese new year event, is it that I must collect 20k EXP per tier 5 of four nations? or just keep trudging to get the 20k, and not worry about gathering 80k EXP to get the dragon ship? I know it says once per account, but I just was not sure if I can pick and stay in one set of ships, or is the 20k cumulative per account with 4 options to gather 20k EXP? sorry for confusion, but the wording was confounding me.

ok i work alot so not much time to play so for the Chinese new year event i was able to do u.s. and japan country's but wont be able to do u.s.s.r or the German country's dose this mean i wont get a dragon ship ??   because i have no Russian and only a tier 3 German ship  thank you for any answer     

I was wondering would it be possible to animate the smoke stacks (Funnels) on the USS Langley. I have seen pictures of the smoke stack bending out ward by about 45 degrees during flight operations.

Also same for the USS Ranger the smoke stacks would fold down to a full horizontal position during fight ops.

Not a big deal but I have noticed the Graf Spee torpedo tubes are animated when the ship 1st starts in motion.

Getting torpedoed by invisible DDs..not hidden in smoke mind you but torps appearing from open sea, not a ship in sight not a ship on the mini map. DD only becomes visible at about 5k..a bit too late.  Why when my DD closes on a cruiser or BB in co-op I'm immediatley disabled, yet the bot DDs absorb incredible damage, maintain engine and steering and launch torps. 

If you were to look up the surface detectable range on some DD's it is very low.  Example Tier II Sampson is 5.9 km. It depends on the nation. Some IJN DD's have a Torpedo range of 7 to 10km or better. So you could be hit before you even see them. Had it happen to me several times!

Edited by JustinOldDude

Too many bots on player teams seems to make for bad games. They rush in and YOLO/Kamikaze ram their opposing bots, leaving the 2-4 actual players dealing with the bots that re still alive in Co-Op. Better no match then a match with derp-bots on our team and super-bots facing our derp-bots. I also have noticed the abilities of the bots to over perform player vessels, and do magic tricks as mentioned in post above by USMCGal. Plus the super fast reload time of Bot CV planes and their unerring accuracy compare to a player trying to handle his planes as we have to micro-manage the things. Lots to fix.

Oh and I love how for example the Scharnhorst can reload Torps about every 20 seconds where the specs are 60.5 seconds. And how the Bots on the human team rush in and get erased very quickly as mentioned Lenzabi.

And how a Bot BB can citadel you from 20KM away is ridiculous.

And it is just my opinion that the Bots do not play by the rules. They should not be able to reload faster or launch planes faster than we can

God if you were to mod a CV or the above mentioned Scharnhorst to fire and launch planes as fast as the Bots do we would be banned from the game!

Devs make it equal.

Edited by JustinOldDude

OK there are 3 counters to Smoke now when do us DD drivers  get counters to radar and that horrible RPF you implemented ? Or do you want us all to drop our DDs and go to BBs ?

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

World of Tanks bought Super Bowl commercials? You guys must be rolling in it.

I move that the USS Black be for sale at some point! and not just a prize that 90% of the gamers will never see or get

ASK THEM TO TAKE THE NERF OFF OF Bismarck AND RETURN HER TO GLORY WITH FAST SECONDARY GUNS AND INCREASE RANGE BACK TO 11KM WITH BUFFS, MY BIS FIRES SO SLOW :(

1- Have something planned for CVs? I see a AA buff in Basic Firing Training and now is hard (more then before 0.6.1) to use then. and when the russian DD split come this will even worst.
2- The IJN DDs after the split have some change planned? Akizuki and Shiratsuyu work but shimakaze now still the same and the 20 km torpedos (Long Lance) still useless?

3- The USS Black really have Baltimore radar? Missouri is a BB and is easier to spot but a flecther with that radar sounds Overpowered. Will change or keep this? And Black have damage of shimakaze torpedos? 

Is there any way you can incorporate some type of naming feature. Say with the Cleveland class for example, have a scroll feature that lets you pick any name from the class. This would give players a little more individuality. Get a Cleveland class, scroll down and name it the USS Houston or Denver or another of that class. NewMexico could become Mississippi or Idaho, Fiji could be Kenya or Gambia etc. 

Okay.  Developer says the Katori issue has been found, identified and fixed.  Well...no.  If the issue had been fixed, all of us who earned her would have seen her and been able to access her in our ports by now.  Is there a time estimate as to when we can actually PLAY this ship?  I can't help but wonder if this whole thing is some kind of WG early April Fools prank in which this ghost ship will never be found.  And I promise not to make my usual type of crass wisecrack, such as, "At first I thought it was spelled Klitori, which would at least explain why so many of us guys are having such a difficult time finding them."  But as promised, I shan't say anything of the sort.  However, I will say this:  I'm just thrilled you didn't name her something even more impossible to find...like "G-Spot."

:)

Weird shell damage issues. Why can a Bogue carrier withstand 10 to 12 hits, both Ap and HE from a Kongo and still have half her HP? Getting torpedoed by invisible DDs..not hidden in smoke mind you but torps appearing from open sea, not a ship in sight not a ship on the mini map. DD only becomes visible at about 5k..a bit too late.  Why when my DD closes on a cruiser or BB in co-op I'm immediatley disabled, yet the bot DDs absorb incredible damage, maintain engine and steering and launch torps. 

Bots are literally computer-controlled so their guns have better accuracy then your guns and can aim for a specific spot on your ship given you ship position, speed and turning radius.

Dev Team,

There a few questions I'd like to throw at you.

1) Are they going to continue to split the tech trees like they have already done for the IJN and Russian destroyers? US WWII cruisers didn't end with the Des Moines before they began building missile cruisers. I'd like to see the CB class Alaska large armored cruiser  in the US tech tree. It clearly should be a Tier X because it like the Graf Spee, it has the speed and armor of a cruiser and the armament a battleship, (9) 12'

General characteristics
Class and type: Alaska-class large cruiser
Displacement:
  • Standard: 29,779 long tons (30,257 t)
  • Full load: 34,253 long tons (34,803 t)
Length: 808 ft 6 in (246.4 m)
Beam: 91 ft 1 in (27.8 m)
Draft: 31 ft 10 in (9.7 m)
Installed power: 153,000 shp (114,000 kW)
Propulsion:
Speed: 33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph)
Range: 12,000 nmi (22,000 km; 14,000 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)
Crew: 1,517
Armament:
  • 9 × 12-inch/50 caliber (305 mm),
  • 12 × 5 in (127 mm) guns
  • 56 × 40 mm (1.6 in) guns
  • 34 × 20 mm (0.79 in) guns
Armor:
  • Belt: 9 in (229 mm)
  • Turrets: 12.8 in (325 mm)
  • Deck: 4 in (102 mm)
Aircraft carried: 4

2) Are they going to fix the Montana? I've heard numerous accounts where it is being penned too easily by Yamato and G. Kurfurst and lower tier BBs. If you were going to put a Montana class in the game should have picked the USS Maine whose blueprints called for (12) 20' guns. That definitely gives Yamato something to run scared about.

3) Any word on when they plan to release the Alabama to the mainstream player community. I've already played against a couple super testers and like what I see.

Edited by 1AngryMarine

so after the next up date computers with xp can't run wow.....