You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GunNut42

Turrets weaker on BBs or a new aim assist?

31 comments in this topic

[G_W_S]
Beta Testers
85 posts
5,890 battles

Asking this because twice today and several times over the past month I have seen BBs lose both the front turrets. A few weeks ago, a platoon mate lost both the front main battery mounts on a Tirpitz. Twice so far today I have seen it happen as well. Once, earlier this morning, I saw a platoon mate lose both the front gun mounts in two separate salvos when he was driving his Amagi and we were running T8s. I also just had it happen to me just now when I was runnign my Texas. Two different salvos came in. Lost #1 mount on the first and #2 on the second.

Have they either nerfed the turret health on BBs and such or has a new aim assist come out that shows you where to aim? Kinda odd that over the past month it has been happening more and more if they haven't nerfed the turret health. Either they nerfed it, a new aim assist mod has come out, or alot of people got really good at killing main battery turrets in a somewhat short amount of time.

Edited by GunNut42

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Asking this because twice today and several times over the past month I have seen BBs lose both the front turrets. A few weeks ago, a platoon mate lost both the front main battery mounts on a Tirpitz. Twice so far today I have seen it happen as well. Once, earlier this morning, I saw a platoon mate lose both the front gun mounts in two separate salvos when he was driving his Amagi and we were running T8s. I also just had it happen to me just now when I was runnign my Texas. Two different salvos came in. Lost #1 mount on the first and #2 on the second.

Have they either nerfed the turret health on BBs and such or has a new aim assist come out that shows you where to aim? Kinda odd that over the past month it has been happening more and more if they haven't nerfed the turret health. Either they nerfed it, a new aim assist mod has come out, or alot of people got really good at killing main battery turrets in a somewhat short amount of time.

Sounds like RNGesus has hit you hard enough to call on aim assist mods? There is no such thing. I've seen a friend get detonated twice in a day

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

An aim assist isn't going to increase turret destruction. It's really easy to destroy main batteries anyway if you aim for them. All it takes is 1-3 hits.

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

It's not always turret health.  If it's penetrated again while incapacitated a main turret is instantly destroyed regardless of how much damage it's taken.  This is often why BBs lose turrets because the guns themselves have immense survivability.

An aim assist isn't going to increase turret destruction. It's really easy to destroy main batteries anyway if you aim for them. All it takes is 1-3 hits.

It takes a lot more to completely deplete a turret's HP, even on a battleship.  It only, however, takes 2 if the first hit incapacitates the turret.

Edited by TenguBlade

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,915 battles

If we're both in battleships or both in cruisers, and you get up close and go bow-on, I'm just as likely to start aiming at your forward turrets to take them out as I am to switch to HE. Some people are definitely aiming at your turrets on purpose.

• Cool 2

[G_W_S]
Beta Testers
85 posts
5,890 battles

Sounds like RNGesus has hit you hard enough to call on aim assist mods? There is no such thing. I've seen a friend get detonated twice in a day

Just saying it seems kinda odd with the sudden upswing in it. Not disputing that RNGesus may nto be favoring me, but it seems kinda odd that losing both front main battery mounts in two salvos in a single game and seeing it happen to others the same day seems kinda odd. I am also running Main Battery Mod 1 if that means anything as well. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,414 battles

There are a few people who aim that well and it appears you have met some of them on a frequent basis lately

• Cool 1

[G_W_S]
Beta Testers
85 posts
5,890 battles

When I have been losing turrets lately, it has been with no prior incap warnings for the turrets at all. They just die all of the sudden in a single salvo. 

If we're both in battleships or both in cruisers, and you get up close and go bow-on, I'm just as likely to start aiming at your forward turrets to take them out as I am to switch to HE. Some people are definitely aiming at your turrets on purpose.

I do the same thing when closing with people. Thing is, these are happening at range, not when I am bow on and closing.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

"Turrets weaker on BBs or a new aim assist?"

In a word, neither.

Edited by Captain_Dorja

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

It's the new destroy turrets aim assist mod, instead of doing damage it auto locks on the opposing ships turrets...

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles

At semi-close range I actively try and aim at turrets and I bet others do as well

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
16,167 battles

I had a battle recently in my Texas where a Wyoming got in close and decided to point his bow at me.  Rather than bouncing a salvo off his belt armor, I shot his turrets instead.  Managed to take one out and reduce his forward firepower by 50%.  Finished him off after that. 

Would take that shot again.  

:)

[G_W_S]
Beta Testers
85 posts
5,890 battles

I had a battle recently in my Texas where a Wyoming got in close and decided to point his bow at me.  Rather than bouncing a salvo off his belt armor, I shot his turrets instead.  Managed to take one out and reduce his forward firepower by 50%.  Finished him off after that. 

Would take that shot again.  

:)

Like I said, this has bene ahppening at range, not when closing to knife fighting range. I also do the same thing when ever I am closing with people. Load AP and aim for the guns. Lost at least one gun on the Texas in the last 3 games I have played today. Just seems kinda odd to me is all. If RNGesus is hitting me hard then ok, but could there be another factor is all that I am asking

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Ah, yes. The famous aim assist which disables turrets easier.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Ah, yes. The famous aim assist which disables turrets easier.

also commonly known as HE Spammus Salamandra

Members
4,608 posts

A BB which is bow on to me, I try to take out the turrets.  After all, take out those forward turrets and they have to turn, which exposes their citadel.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Just saying it seems kinda odd with the sudden upswing in it. Not disputing that RNGesus may nto be favoring me, but it seems kinda odd that losing both front main battery mounts in two salvos in a single game and seeing it happen to others the same day seems kinda odd. I am also running Main Battery Mod 1 if that means anything as well. 

It's not a sudden upswing. If it goes on for weeks and is widely reported, there may be something in it. 
  • Cool 1

[GRWKS]
Members
39 posts
3,937 battles

Well since multiple people have given you other options; yet you still want your heaping helping of confirmation bias, then I shall come clean.

1)  First, you must choose A, for nurfing of turret health or B, for a new aim assist

If A, then go 2)

If B, then go 3)

2)  You have decided that a lowering of turret health "twice today and several times over the past month" was caused by "they" and the glorious snowflake that you are is the first one to report it.  Congratulations, you don't read the forums enough to know that many folk whine about the WASD hack but the devs publish a new fix for it right along with each new patch.  If this had been going on as long as you think it would be at the top of most every forum.

3)  I admit that stats suddenly became important to me and I'm poor and a fool and his money are soon parted.  So I made an aim assist that will predict where a ship will move after you shoot and will actually direct the shells towards turrets when they are in flight!  That's WAY awesome ain't it?  It can be yours for the low low price of $19.99! Just call BR-5-49 with your credit card ready.

Whip

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

When I have been losing turrets lately, it has been with no prior incap warnings for the turrets at all. They just die all of the sudden in a single salvo. 

I do the same thing when closing with people. Thing is, these are happening at range, not when I am bow on and closing.

I've had this happen at range in my Amagi vs a NC, angled away from him. There is no aim assist. And I gave 0 f's about it because I had already punished the NC with a 60k salvo. He just simply shot back & knocked my guns as payback.

Members
759 posts

Isolated scenario, sample size too small, cant really tell except blame it on RNG. Some day its turret day, another day is detonation day, then it RNG itself for Citadel and Fire chances. who knows.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

A BB which is bow on to me, I try to take out the turrets.  After all, take out those forward turrets and they have to turn, which exposes their citadel.

depending on who you are fighting. ....you take my guns out on my Iowa I'll introduce you to my bow of my ship in your face :izmena: ...ramming speed 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

If a shell incapacitates the turret and the shell that hits immediately afterwards breaks it permanently by penetrating, you will not see the incapacitation notice, likely because the text at the bottom of the screen only has 2-3 rows so WG put something into the code to avoid having it inundate your text feed with messages.

However, you will hear the voice clip of "Main turret critically damaged" followed by "Main turret blown up."

Edited by TenguBlade

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I DID lose both front turrets in my Fuso last night, but RNG is RNG.

No lead indicator mod is going to make this more likely, and turret survivability was actually buffed in the last patch (for DD-sized guns and Atlanta, no changes made to other guns).

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Turret destruction happens to me frequently at range, especially when I'm bow on. Why?

Probably because the greater the arc, the bigger targets the turrets become. Also, if you're bow on to the BBs, and shooting at his CAs you're giving him side shots at your turret. I have found that BB AP into the side of my turret is almost always certain death. Even if you're bow on and aing at him, I've lost many rear turrets... because they're frequently sideways and any shell that dodges the superstructure has a pretty good chance to land in your turrets.