Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Czevak

How many games/damage does it take to like Pink name.

17 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I do not want any comments from my previous thread...

Question: Does anyone have an idea on how much damage it takes to lose the pink name?

Damage caused to ally * x ?

Or a set amount like 100k damage or 1m damage? if anyone has an answer as to how quick you can lose the name that'd be nice.

I don't particularly care about the pink name, but it's annoying being asked why I have it.. every game.

Thanks,

-DD

Edit: I guess no one does, how about making this information public, WG?

Edited by DarthDoge

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Not sure it's damage related. Both times I've been pink it was three games then it came off. Now if you do any type of damage (even the accidental ram into someone) it could be longer before it comes off.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,412 battles

The damage needed to become pink is not being revealed to us and it does seem to vary quite a bit. The number of battles doing no further team damage and the amount of enemy damage required to return to normal status has also not been revealed. If getting pinked is a bother to one then refrain from causing team damage and you have no problem

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,190 posts
15,767 battles

The damage needed to become pink is not being revealed to us and it does seem to vary quite a bit. The number of battles doing no further team damage and the amount of enemy damage required to return to normal status has also not been revealed. If getting pinked is a bother to one then refrain from causing team damage and you have no problem

Bingo but at the same time it is sad that the serial TK'ers have probably already figured out almost exactly how much damage they can cause and not become pink.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

The consensus (in game) is about 2-3 hours or even a full day in some cases.

I suppose this is correct.

[STW-A]
Members
305 posts

I turned pink by sinking an allied DD with my cv.  I have no idea what his health was, other than I sank him.

Quite a few games later, and 10 red ships sunk, and about 200,000 damage done, I lost my pink status.

I do miss having those pink planes....

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

To get rid of it? Get in Co-op with an Erie or Hashidate. Just go AFK, let it stay there but do nothing. Go read a book, fetch a beer, etc. Repeat. In about four games you will be free of pink.

That's what I did. 

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Related to the damage that you deal relative to your teammate's total health, I believe.  And how many previous offenses you had.

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles

To get rid of it? Get in Co-op with an Erie or Hashidate. Just go AFK, let it stay there but do nothing. Go read a book, fetch a beer, etc. Repeat. In about four games you will be free of pink.

That's what I did. 

Brilliant.  :sceptic::red_button:

Members
36 posts
33,195 battles

I would like to differentiate between accidental and sloppy play, from malicious or serial Team Killers.

Why not for the sinking from military ordinance be a reduction of rank and skill points for say 72 hours on that ship's skipper. If it happens again by that person in that time period than they will receive a reduction of a number of skill points of that person's whole fleet plus the Pink symbol for a period of time but that ship's skipper is booted.

Commander skill points have value.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

I've seen max 3 pink players on my team.

Folks...  I think it's losing it's shame value and becoming a fashion statement.

Pink planes are AWESOME.

Members
295 posts
1,398 battles
When I Accidentally torped and sank a friendly Cruiser ( I am not sure how much health the friendly had) a couple days ago it took me about 4 games to get rid of the pink.
Edited by Johnny_Johnson_2016

[UEFN]
Members
7 posts
14,768 battles

I thought players were supporting Susan G. Komen's "Race for the Cure" and fighting breast cancer.  

I didn't realize WG was into color shaming :D

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,412 battles

Carry on Embrace the Pink so we can soon see the 12 vs 12 All Pink Battle

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
55 posts
5,616 battles

Not that I'd know, but if somebody got mad for giving a Shima's position away at the mouth of Two Brothers and said Shima sailed through it, then sent a full 15 torpedo spread into the tightly bunched formation of 1 CA and 3 BBs, sinking one, crippling the person that gave the DDs position away, then runs into the opposing teams fire, hitting one before sinking.....they may lead to the sinking of five ships, the loss of the map, and not turn pink or otherwise suffer more than a few credits penalty.  Said Shima might even consider it worth the hyper rage it sent the one player into that gave away the position while trying to be a preechy low-life-know-it-all.

The auto-system is a curious beast and reporting does absolutely nothing even with screen shots and replays.  Anybody who tells you otherwise is selling something.  WG doesn't want to get sucked into policing the game with real people and it won't.  The only way they keep the Pinkos from totally running amuck is to change-up the rules now and then and sometimes make them tighter.

And as we see in WoT, there is always, but always, a way to either game the system or cash-in one's chips selectively and not get hurt by the auto-system.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,412 battles

There is no cashing in with this system Team Damage fines are rather severe and once pink it takes a while to work off. Just take care and do no team damage and you will be fine

Sign in to follow this