You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warrior4445

Just a couple of thoughts

8 comments in this topic

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

So just 2 thoughts that I have had, seeing how this is my first time pink under the new TK system, and having just gotten my May month mission flag.

1.) TK system is broken, under the new system, any damage you do to a friendly target get sent back to you, now some may say that is only fair, but consider this, if you do 1000 damage to a friendly ship by ramming, them say, avoid torps or what ever, not only do you have the 1000 damage that you do to yourself, you get the 1000 you do to them, if not according to the tool tip, or exceeding the damage that you initially did. This will discourage it, but for someone like me who ends up pink due to an accidentally teamkill, this is harsh for a simple accident.

2.) For those of you who have the Alpha flag, once you get your May flag, there is no point to running the Alpha except to show off or make a point, as the May Flag get the Alpha's 5% XP and Commander XP, but also gets 5% Credits, so there is no point to running the Alpha Flag expect to show off or boast.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Regarding #1: In order to do 1000 damage to a friendly by ramming you have to be humping them for the duration of the match. Even then I am not sure you can get to 1000. Ramming damage is so miniscule that it's not even a factor.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Unfortunately no system will adequately deal with the team killing done with the intent to ruin the match for others on a team. So whatever they roll out will never make everyone happy.

As for flags why does someone have to run a certain flag over others? Not everyone is American that plays on the NA server and they may run different flags on different ships. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

So just 2 thoughts that I have had, seeing how this is my first time pink under the new TK system, and having just gotten my May month mission flag.

1.) TK system is broken, under the new system, any damage you do to a friendly target get sent back to you, now some may say that is only fair, but consider this, if you do 1000 damage to a friendly ship by ramming, them say, avoid torps or what ever, not only do you have the 1000 damage that you do to yourself, you get the 1000 you do to them, if not according to the tool tip, or exceeding the damage that you initially did. This will discourage it, but for someone like me who ends up pink due to an accidentally teamkill, this is harsh for a simple accident.

2.) For those of you who have the Alpha flag, once you get your May flag, there is no point to running the Alpha except to show off or make a point, as the May Flag get the Alpha's 5% XP and Commander XP, but also gets 5% Credits, so there is no point to running the Alpha Flag expect to show off or boast.

I think the new system is perfectly fine the way it is. Why?

Because it teaches you to watch your surroundings and check your firing lanes to make they're clear of friendlies. Even in a game such as this, doing damage and killing a teammate accidentally can have major repercussions for not only you, but the person you TKed (who has to deal with the repair they might have otherwise not have) and your team, which now has to deal with a smaller HP pool and/or one less ship in the match that COULD have been that one ship you needed to win. (and you never know, they could have also saved your rear end if you found yourself in a spot of trouble)

Rule of thumb. NEVER SHOOT IN AN ALLIES DIRECTION. 

Its just good sportsmanship really.

[-SWS-]
Beta Testers
43 posts
1,902 battles

Unfortunately no system will adequately deal with the team killing done with the intent to ruin the match for others on a team. So whatever they roll out will never make everyone happy.

As for flags why does someone have to run a certain flag over others? Not everyone is American that plays on the NA server and they may run different flags on different ships. 

First point, I understand that and accept it, just frustrating is all.

As for the second one, I am not saying people have to run a certain flag over others, I am just stating that for people like me who liked running their Alpha Flag, which they got as being part of the Alpha test, to see the same stats plus a bonus that makes the new flag more worthwhile, is to me a sign of disrespect, I mean sure everyone who completes the mission will get it so every one has it, but as someone who played this game while it was in Alpha to see a flag that surpasses it, is at least to me WG saying they don't care about the people who put forth the time to help them with testing this game. Sure people who played in Alpha and Beta, as I did, have ships that no one else can get, but the fact that this flag is the same as the Alpha flag with the added 5% credit bonus is just confusing. The Alpha flag should have had the exclusive +5% XP and Commander XP and the May flag should have gotten say +10% Free XP and Credits, to keep the Alpha Flag unique.

[-VT-]
Members
1,041 posts
43,402 battles

Alpha flag?  Bah, humbug.  Jolly Roger > All.

The Roger should have bonuses as it is clearly the most difficult achievement in the game.

~ Sab

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,412 battles

The TK system is fine Do not collide shoot or torp friendlies and all is fine ! If you damage friendlies take the fine take the pink and carry on

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

First point, I understand that and accept it, just frustrating is all.

As for the second one, I am not saying people have to run a certain flag over others, I am just stating that for people like me who liked running their Alpha Flag, which they got as being part of the Alpha test, to see the same stats plus a bonus that makes the new flag more worthwhile, is to me a sign of disrespect, I mean sure everyone who completes the mission will get it so every one has it, but as someone who played this game while it was in Alpha to see a flag that surpasses it, is at least to me WG saying they don't care about the people who put forth the time to help them with testing this game. Sure people who played in Alpha and Beta, as I did, have ships that no one else can get, but the fact that this flag is the same as the Alpha flag with the added 5% credit bonus is just confusing. The Alpha flag should have had the exclusive +5% XP and Commander XP and the May flag should have gotten say +10% Free XP and Credits, to keep the Alpha Flag unique.

Yeah tell me about it, I've gone pink twice now and both times it was in short range battle when I was playing a DD. Each time someone tried to get in close to steal the kill and wound up between my torps and the enemy ship. Not sure what I could do when we're talking 3-4 KM and they just run into the middle of us after I fired. Staying behind me for them as I was the one being fired at and they could have used me as a shield.

Gotcha on the flag, the additional description made sense.