Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

It's Been Fun, Hatsuharu

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

So now I have finally researched Fubuki. 81 battles of blood, sweat, LOTS of salty tears, fun, laughter and seriousness, the grind through Hatsuharu has been a love/hate relationship for me. I honestly can't say I actually have a more favoured Tier 7 DD. I doubt that even if I and when I reach Kiev, I'll like it more than Hatsuharu. Sure, Hatsuharu has MANY shortcomings. She has a small number of good points. It's those good points, that in the moments when SHE does do something right and gets over her little temper, that is when she brings a smile to my face.

It's because of those good points that I love her and would be sad to see her go, but I doubt I'll sell her. I'll keep her at Tier 7 and just move my Kamikaze captain between Hatsuharu and Kamikaze. The thing I would like to point out that I like the most about her is the way she looks. To me she's just an adorable little Destroyer.

shot-16.05.04_19.28.28-0576_zps8veavdvb.

Although my stats in her are attrocious though:

VII PJSD006.pngHatsuharu 81 36 1,056

But I can say, it was a fun 81 battles in her. And I hope I never sell her or rather if I do sell her, that I'll buy her again.

~Hunter

• Cool 2

Members
1,360 posts

Welcome to the Fubuki club

I think you're going to like it here

Just for some more inspiration:

Torpedoes.gif

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Lucky you. I will catch up later

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

1. I am impressed that whoever made the skin was able to balance the purples and whites without making it gaudy.

2. **** yes Hatsuharu Kai Ni

3. I love Hatsuharu too, ship and girl both

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

1. I am impressed that whoever made the skin was able to balance the purples and whites without making it gaudy.

2. **** yes Hatsuharu Kai Ni

3. I love Hatsuharu too, ship and girl both

Go to Skin Bottom Sounds. Front Page, its made by HeavyCruiser_Aoba. Make sure to get the revised turret skins as well, those are the turrets I have on my Hatsuharu in the image.

~Hunter

Edited by Hunter_Steel

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,474 battles

Fubuki is great!

A keeper for me.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,309 battles

Hatsuharu was barely tolerable.  Fubuki was a godsend after that horrific ship.  You will love her.  

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

Hatsuharu was a grind for me too but in hindsight I was so eager to get out of it and move on to Fubuki that I didn't give her the credit she deserves.

She's a great little ship that actually can manage to win knife fights from time to time against her T7 counterparts.

Not to be underestimated for sure.

Welcome to the Fubuki club though.

How are you going to skin yours?

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

I need to figure out my Hatsuharu.

Right now...she's pretty much just a Mutsuki, because stock...:ohmy:

Although, I can say this much: 

Hatsu's guns aren't too shabby. I'm starting to try to open up to using IJN DD guns a bit more often.

Edited by Rion12

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

IJN 127mm guns are underrated by IJN DD players. There's too much fear of being detected to the point that people go entire games without using them.

At T7, they do enough to challenge a Mahan that wants to knife fight you. I've taken off 1/4 to 1/3 off of a Mahan in a single salvo.

They become less useful against other DDs as you move up in tier but your job is to mess up the BB anyway. Fires are good.

[-K-]
2,783 posts
15,309 battles

I'm starting to try to open up to using IJN DD guns a bit more often.

This is a good habit - and a good skill - to have.  High-end IJN DD guns are not the crap you are stuck with in Minekaze and Mutsuki.   With smart play and good evasive action, you can win gun duels against enemy DDs if need be.  Plus, they light things on fire well, and are a good compliment to your primary armament.

"Oh, did you just burn your repair on flooding damage from my torpedoes?  Here, have a fire.  Or three."

I highly recommend taking BFT and EM on your Fubuki captain while your captain works his way up to Concealment Expert.

Beta Testers
1,156 posts

Mutsuki has great guns, thank you very much!

A tiny amount of extra damage does NOT make up for having very few guns, slow, fragile turrets, insufficient armor on the ship to survive a gun duel, and VASTLY inferior rate of fire.

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

Those guns are for dueling T6 BBs!
All IJN DD guns are tuned to fight bigger ships, not other DDs.

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

This is a good habit - and a good skill - to have.  High-end IJN DD guns are not the crap you are stuck with in Minekaze and Mutsuki.   With smart play and good evasive action, you can win gun duels against enemy DDs if need be.  Plus, they light things on fire well, and are a good compliment to your primary armament.

"Oh, did you just burn your repair on flooding damage from my torpedoes?  Here, have a fire.  Or three."

I highly recommend taking BFT and EM on your Fubuki captain while your captain works his way up to Concealment Expert.

The turn rates, for me, bring into question whether or not those guns are really appropriate for taking on another DD, but I do see use for them as a good harassment weapon against larger ships. The bit of extra range certainly helps.

As for the Mutsuki guns, the fact that only 2 of them were present and were limited to a 7-something km range was somewhat of a deal-breaker for me on them being a "good" main battery armament.

If anything, the main thing I need to figure out is getting those dang torps to actually hit...

Edited by Rion12

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

fubuki guns are definitely  nasty.   single volley can take 1/3 health from a DD.    decent concealment allows you to get a nice hit, but you do need to have the initiative and way out. I've done ok with mutsuki and hatsu.        The grind wasn't horrid as most people have said. 

[-K-]
2,783 posts
15,309 battles

View PostRion12, on 07 May 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

The turn rates, for me, bring into question whether or not those guns are really appropriate for taking on another DD, but I do see use for them as a good harassment weapon against larger ships. The bit of extra range certainly helps.

They're certainly garbage if you try to knife-fight a full health USN DD or something with them, yes.  However, if said DD is beat up, a couple of well-placed salvos will finish him off.  

There's nothing wrong with T8+ IJN DD guns, you simply have to learn when to - and when not to - use them.  Of the 67 kills I had in 75 games in Fubuki, 25 of those kills were with my guns.

Edited by SeaRaptor00

[O_O]
Members
7,898 posts
22,127 battles

I just finished my Hatsuharu today, also.  I have a shiny new Fubuki in port waiting to test out.

Sometimes I found Hatsu frustrating, other times I would do really well with her.  Of course the last game I needed to finish her up went very well:

personal051016_zps504l7jcs.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this