Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

Hatsuharu Can be Awesome At Times

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

There are these moments when I really love my Hatsuharu and am sad that I'll have to sell her for funds when I get Fubuki. Or rather I'll keep her and just grind the obscene 9 million credits to buy her.

13wNiPB.jpg

W6bUlYG.jpg

7YN18kh.jpg

By the way, 32k torpedo damage can be considered a good game in Hatsuharu. Something seriously needs to be done about her, perhaps just a buff to soft stats should be enough.

~Hunter

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i don't know about "awesome"

decent maybe?

Hatsuharu can be decent at times.

but it mostly just makes me want to ragesell and stick with the Minekaze.

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

i don't know about "awesome"

decent maybe?

Hatsuharu can be decent at times.

but it mostly just makes me want to ragesell and stick with the Minekaze.

Then you would be missing out, because Fubuki is awesome enough to merit it's own animated .gif.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

The Hatsuharu is not that much of a bad ship. Sure she is no big change from the Mutsuki but she is still good enough to deal damage to tunnel visioned players. But I think Fubuki is much better

Alpha Tester
1,140 posts
2,160 battles

I'm struggling with my Hats. I actually liked the Mutsuki better. The Mutsuki had the speed and the stealth to quickly sneak a cap and then escape. By the time a Hats gets to a cap a USN or VMF DD shows up and you are running for your life. So I play the Hats farther back and launch torps at BBs that seem to be sailing in straight lines. Sometimes I get torp hits but most of the time I miss. I'm lucky to get maybe 3 or 4 torp hits a game. The guns are decent on this ship and if I'm one on one with another IJN DD I will gun them down. I don't know how to buff this ship. I guess the biggest thing to overcome is the fact that it only has 2x3 launchers. You can't make a wall of torps against an enemy like you can with the 3x3 Fubuki. I hear Fubuki is worth it and I can't wait to get it.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I'm struggling with my Hats. I actually liked the Mutsuki better. The Mutsuki had the speed and the stealth to quickly sneak a cap and then escape. By the time a Hats gets to a cap a USN or VMF DD shows up and you are running for your life. So I play the Hats farther back and launch torps at BBs that seem to be sailing in straight lines. Sometimes I get torp hits but most of the time I miss. I'm lucky to get maybe 3 or 4 torp hits a game. The guns are decent on this ship and if I'm one on one with another IJN DD I will gun them down. I don't know how to buff this ship. I guess the biggest thing to overcome is the fact that it only has 2x3 launchers. You can't make a wall of torps against an enemy like you can with the 3x3 Fubuki. I hear Fubuki is worth it and I can't wait to get it.

Wait you can get four hits a GAME? That would be like Christmas and Easter at once

Alpha Tester
1,140 posts
2,160 battles

Wait you can get four hits a GAME? That would be like Christmas and Easter at once

Well that's only if I'm really lucky. :trollface:

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,128 battles

heres a match I just played in the kamikaze

n8ZsduE.jpgvryWVjE.jpg

That game makes Hatsu look like crap...

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPRnDkjWgAEdS-o.png:large

:bajan: You can use Hatsu as a gunboat also

Edited by PrinzMakaay

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Buff to Hatsu is easy.

Increase gun RoF to 10RPM

Increase gun range to 11km

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Buff to Hatsu is easy.

Increase gun RoF to 10RPM

Increase gun range to 11km

Nerf her torp range to 8km with a speed increase XD

~Hunter

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,834 posts

I liked the Hatsuharu

My best game is  

4,428 exp

109k dmg

4 kills

Though.. fubuki is much much better

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,302 battles

I enjoyed my Hatsuharu, which is wierd because I absolutely despised my Mutsuki and was terrible with it.  Mutsuki was one of my few ships that averaged under 1 kill per game.  I averaged 18k more damage per game in the Hatsuharu and had what I'd consider a good win rate in it, despite the two ships being very similar.

I can't really explain it other than the Hatsuharu being just better enough at everything to be workable.  I hated the Mutsuki's torpedos, the gun options are arguably the worst in the game, and it was a very underwhelming ship for me.  The Hatsuharu improved upon all of the Mutsuki's flaws enough that I felt capable of actually contributing more often.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Any ship can be awesome at times. Which doesn't make Hatsuharu any less of a stinker :)

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,125 battles

I absolutely love my Hatsuharu. I've never quite gotten why a lot of people hate her, but I do have a rough idea.

My hypothesis is that the IJN DD playstyle undergoes as dramatic a shift from Minekaze to Mutsuki and Hatsuharu as the CA playstyle does from Kuma to Furutaka, except nobody realizes it. I see a lot of Hatsuharus trying to use their ship like a Minekaze, relying only on torpedoes, concealment, and speed to influence the game. Hatsuharu, being slower, more visible, and having a slower torpedo reload does not fit this playstyle at all and thus many have issues with her. The key features that tend to get overlooked are her very powerful guns and insanely quick rudder shift. The combination of these allows you, even without stealth firing, to effectively apply damage and even to fight other DDs from range. In essence, the line transitions from ninja concealment torpedo boats to, in my opinion, a more hybrid gunboat/torpedo boat playstyle, but with more emphasis on torpedoes as compared to the USN line's emphasis on guns.

I feel like a heretic for this but I actually like my Hatsuharu more than Fubuki. The torpedo launch arcs and slow speed of the Fubuki, combined with a minimal increase in HP (unless you want to give up a gun mount) feels too restrictive to me, especially considering that your main opponent at T8 will be the Benson, which gets a significantly higher HP pool combined with guns that can lay down a lot of hurt after the buff to 18 base RPM.

Sign in to follow this