Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dust340man

Lots of fun playing Tier 5 cruisers the other day!

2 comments in this topic

Members
482 posts
25,472 battles

I decided just to play my cruisers the other day to concentrate on one style of play instead of switching between them, battleships and destroyers. I think it helped my play alot. I had 4 straight random battle victories with my Murmansk survived all 4 battles and had great point totals. One game I had 176,589HP/2387XP with 4 kills on 1x or 1.5x commander XP. Missed the Kraken due to time running out chasing the enemy carrier. The fifth game we lost and I got sunk but not before torching a Fuso and Ranger carrier to get kills. I did very well with my Konigsberg, Kirov and Omaha also plus I have a Tier 6 Aoba which can be tougher in the higher tier battles. I'm going to finish grinding thru the Omaha to get my Cleveland. I have enough XP with the Konisberg to get a Nurmberg but I'm in no hurry as I enjoy playing the Konigsberg so much. The Omaha to me is the weakest of the bunch. jmho Each day I play I'm going to use either cruisers, battleships or destroyers for that day. There is a difference in play style between Japanese and American/Russian destroyers though. More torps with the Japs and more guns with the others. I'm thinking flipping back and forth alot can lead to careless play style and forgetting what the strengthes are of each type of ship.

Edited by dust340man

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

spoiler: you will be disappointed by the nurnberg, and the yorck soon after

Personally I think the german cruisers, especially the konigsberg, can be quite competitive using american dd ambush tactics.

The torpedoes, with the 6km range, is actually quite competitive in tier 5, not mentioning their excellent traverse allowance and quantity.

Check my stats,and you can see I actually sunk more ship with my torpedoes in my konigsberg then using my main battery.

Edit: I take back what I said about yorck, it's actually quite solid, it's just she's an HE cruiser unlike anyone else in the german tree.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Sign in to follow this