Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SuperDave80

TX - Quick Question

12 comments in this topic

[TGO]
Members
18 posts
4,327 battles

Soo, I read the TX Loaded and it comes with the Plotting Room, but reading that people are choosing AA upgrades instead? I don't see a TX bundle offering AA instead of plotting. Am I missing something?

..and it comes with 30 days premium. If I have 15 days currently, those 30 days just get added, right? So I'd have 45 total. I believe so but I just want to make sure (paranoid). Thanks.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It doesn't need the extra range. It is better to improve its biggest strength(AA). Yes you will have 45 days of premium.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
6,263 battles

It doesn't need the extra range. It is better to improve its biggest strength(AA). Yes you will have 45 days of premium.

D'oh!

[TGO]
Members
18 posts
4,327 battles

Ok, so do I buy the regular TX and use silver to upgrade the AA? Or do I buy the TX Loaded or FUlly Loaded and I'll be able to change those Mods for AA Mods?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Ok, so do I buy the regular TX and use silver to upgrade the AA? Or do I buy the TX Loaded or FUlly Loaded and I'll be able to change those Mods for AA Mods?

The mods shouldn't already be equipped to the ship. Iirc, the crediting system doesn't work like that.

[TGO]
Members
18 posts
4,327 battles

Ah. So I buy the Fully Loaded or Loaded and upon selecting it at port, I can choose which one. OK. Got it. I just didn't want to buy the TX and be stuck with the Plotting Room.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Basically, load the mods that came with the ship in their slots. The ones you want to replace can be right click and sold for half value. Use that money (and your own) to then purchase the mods you do wish to use.

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

Dispersion at max range is terrible anyway. That's why I went bare bones and specced my Texas for AA.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,154 posts
30,906 battles

I slotted the upgrade to increase AA range by 20%.

The Texas' strength is her AA, as well as of course being a BB.  The standard main battery range of the NY / Texas may seem short but for the typical engagement ranges I went for, it was just fine.  Her low shot arcs are actually just perfect for it.  The AA range improvement upgrade is nice, even better if you have Advanced Firing Training trait to go with it.  By improving Texas' AA, you make it costly for a CV in your tiers to attack you.  A Tier IV, V CV cannot afford high losses in their air groups because their extra aircraft numbers are very limited.

If the CV wants to go after you:

- Early in the match, they will suffer high aircraft losses that will cripple the CV's efforts for the rest of the match.

- Late in the match?  While you are sure to have suffered damage to your secondaries and AA mounts, the CV will be sending more depleted squadrons against your good AA.

BBs tend to be focused hardcore by CV players.  Texas' good AA acts as a deterrent, and if they come after you anyways, you'll make them pay.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
233 posts
2,402 battles

I have the plotting room in mine, and did some AA modifications as well.  I like having that extra little bit of reach, and CV drivers learned very quickly to just leave the Texas alone unless they don't want any planes left.  I shot down 13 of one carrier's planes in a single one of his strikes.  His Torp planes didn't go home, and most of his other planes didn't either.  Texas is a good solid BB, and I am glad I made the buy on it.

[-K--]
Members
1,151 posts
9,208 battles

One thing to note, that may be obvious, is that if you don't want to use the plotting room mod for Texas, you can use it on another ship in your port that supports that mod.  If you don't equip it it just goes into your inventory for use anywhere you want.

Sign in to follow this