Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sargentmki

KM Blitz!

13 comments in this topic

Members
383 posts
4,341 battles

I loved the Konigsburg with its OP levels of range, firepower, and solid torps.

I didn't like the Nurnburg until I did one thing I don't read up a lot of.

I started to ambush/ torp run BBs late game.

I was doing 1 thing the same in the Nurnburg as I did in the Konigsburg, which is fire at long ranges and try not to plode due to paper armor.

Things went well until things would start to break down. Where I would get frustrated with these ships (especially the Nurnburg) inability to reliably set fires and deal enough damage to counter BBs.

That was until I started to armor angle in frontal assaults and dove BBs out of place. 

Even these ships with their 50mm max armor can bounce enough rounds, dodge enough and get close enough to an enemy BB to unleash the torp swarm.

I'm not going to say this works at high tiers, or that a smart BB would simply pack his bags and start running away from you and gun you down. But I've gone from a pretty crappy player in my Nurnburg to far better buy simply becoming more aggressive and utilizing the 2nd best torps of all the Cruisers.

With it I have started to like the German Cruisers far more than before. I believe they are the most balanced of all the Cruiser lines in offence, defense, firepower, torping ability and AA. 

Members
343 posts
20 battles

the thing is

as a cruiser you are not supposed to counter BBs they are supposed to counter you

also German HE is absolute garbage while AP is godly

you should go against other Cruisers and DDs

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

I know what you mean about the armor angling. The angling is a must for the Nurmberg as you have coffee cans for armor. However, you can bring six guns to bear on the rear and with the right angle you can get cruisers and destroyers to chase you and burn them down fast with your rapid fire. Just don't attract BB attention as it can be a one shot affair. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I don't understand how so many people love the KBerg and make her do well, but can't seem to grasp the NBerg. NBerg is literally just more KBerg, but with your turrets placed to make her equally good at shooting to port as to starboard.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,681 battles

Liked the Nurnberg even better than the Koni too.  Nurnberg is just a long range beast, now that Yorck......thats a problem.

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

I don't understand how so many people love the KBerg and make her do well, but can't seem to grasp the NBerg. NBerg is literally just more KBerg, but with your turrets placed to make her equally good at shooting to port as to starboard.

I think the difference is in what ships you see with KBerg vs NBerg.  I did very well with KBerg, but struggled with NBerg because of the stronger opponents I think.  Interestingly, I am so far doing better again with Yorck, but that sample size is too small to make a clear judgement.  I really struggled with the fragility of NBerg, particularly against T7-8 opponents.  That said, I am not very good in cruisers, so I may not be a good indicator.  I just thought it interesting that I was one of the people that you are talking about. :)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Nberg is higher on the water with more exposed cit compared to kberg.    it also sees lot more 16" guns, which it is very squish against.      I actually like yorck better than n-berg.

Members
383 posts
4,341 battles

the thing is

as a cruiser you are not supposed to counter BBs they are supposed to counter you

also German HE is absolute garbage while AP is godly

you should go against other Cruisers and DDs

Im not saying you should do this over just staying safe and providing firesupport battlecruiser style by beating up DDs and Cruisers, but it is an option that is totally viable to make to tilt the game in your favor. 

But If push comes to shove and you can do this to a BB thats out of place, your probably better off doing it rather than backing off and playing safe. The line you cross is a thin one, and is totally situational. But Crossing that line made me go from a Frustrated Nurnburg captain to a very very confident one. 

Ultimately it will take a long time to ever kill or impact a BB, if a BB could win the game for them it might be worth rolling the dice a bit and diving an out of place BB now, so you don't let him come and haunt you later. 

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,309 battles

Nurnberg sees much tougher opponents.  She plays in the same style as Konigsberg, but has a harder time overall.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Nurnberg has the same guns as the Konig, just a tier higher.  Personally I've always played both of them as long range shell slingers and done decently well.  Torps are for those, "Screw it, I'm gonna die take you with me" type moments.  Nunrberg always will hold a spot in my harbor simply because she got me my first video replay on the Warship Replay channel lol

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Nunrberg always will hold a spot in my harbor simply because she got me my first video replay on the Warship Replay channel lol

I am hella jelly.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I am hella jelly.

To be fair, that Battleships should have deleted me, it was mainly luck lol

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

Nurn is a fabulous DD hunter, but its HE doesn't do squat...start fires get an Aoba.

It will smash all T5's easily with AP....its perfect for that....wont over pen and is very accurate. Engage that Pesky Kirov that's sniping.....

I was actually glad when AFT went away for 6", makes you a better player, plus at 19 km, the arc kissed heaven.

Sign in to follow this