Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SandraSmiles

Some Days Jesus

26 comments in this topic

Members
3,014 posts

Have had great experiences with Furutaka and Aoba.

So why not move on up to the Myoko.

I would love a Pensacola w/torps, right?

Got the Myoko, and its been nothing but a money pit all morning.

Survived only once and it paid chump silver. 

8point Capt skills w/high speed torp skill too.

Prob lost 200K in silver just getting Capt skills sets retrained.

shot-16.05.04_12.33.24-0125_zpsplp44ew6.

Ugh. Sure, I'm getting broadsided. I'm turning.  When you have enemies on all points of the compass shooting- running for the border won't help one bit

Note to Self: Never play on Wednesday nor Weekends.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

high speed torps skill is wasted on myoko.    

I would much rather have EM and LS    with vig and BFT or SA for 8 point.

myoko is perfect for kiting.   backward firing torps helps there.  

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,157 battles

If you're losing credits with all those victories, I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your gameplay.  Even an average battle victory at T7 should net you some decent change.

Beta Testers
365 posts
12,391 battles

...well, congratulations on being carried 12 out of 13 matches, then.  Try using more guns and less torps - Torpedo Acceleration is a waste of skills on cruisers, because if they're that close, they're getting citadelled.

Tier 7 is probably the last tier that Joe Average player can earn a profit without a premium account - and at that, not a large one.

Members
3,014 posts

...well, congratulations on being carried 12 out of 13 matches, then.  Try using more guns and less torps - Torpedo Acceleration is a waste of skills on cruisers, because if they're that close, they're getting citadelled.

Tier 7 is probably the last tier that Joe Average player can earn a profit without a premium account - and at that, not a large one.

Torps are not my first weapon of choice...most folks know that.  In fact, I only remember having them available when I'm close to knife fighting.

I'm a gunner through and through.

And I have to agree w/your summary of T7 forward, the cost just isn't there for the casual player.

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

Well, if you sink in CO op tier 7+, you're going to pretty much lose money regardless of win or loss. 

Members
5,450 posts
21,057 battles

One of the good points of the Myoko is her speed but it also what gets captains sunk. The Myoko is fast but if you push with her at max speed you will quickly sail into troubled waters without support. Stay with you fleet and use your speed sparingly. The Myoko is not a hard ship to make good money, but like any new ship you have to find your grove with her. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,014 posts

One of the good points of the Myoko is her speed but it also what gets captains sunk. The Myoko is fast but if you push with her at max speed you will quickly sail into troubled waters without support. Stay with you fleet and use your speed sparingly. The Myoko is not a hard ship to make good money, but like any new ship you have to find your grove with her. 

I suppose youre right. But having good control with the F'Taka and Aoba, I just figured the transition would be painless.

Ha- my Butt!

Beta Testers
365 posts
12,391 battles

...oh, you got those wins in Co-op?  No wonder you're losing silver.

Co-op rewards are, like, half that of Random, while the costs are identical.  Switch to Random battles - what I said about T7 being profitable is based on Random battles.  I imagine Co-op stops being profitable at T6 or even T5.

HaHa...I would barely get the engines going before yall sank me

As the saying goes, you don't get better by beating up on noobs, you get better by matching skills against the best.  If you're absolutely worried about how crap your performance is, you don't HAVE to start off by playing your topmost tiers.  You enjoyed the Furutaka?  Buy it back and start there.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

my first 100 battle, I did mostly coop.  but once I got into random,  it took bit of time before I got adjusted, but it was worth doing.   even with frustration, it is more fun with bigger matches.

Members
5,450 posts
21,057 battles

I suppose youre right. But having good control with the F'Taka and Aoba, I just figured the transition would be painless.

Ha- my Butt!

Don't get the Myoko wrong she plays very much like the ships preceding her. But she isn't facing the same enemies and you need to keep the battle condition in your favor. Don't go broadside, don't try and use all your guns when the enemy is paying attention to you, don't over push and Don't sail up to a battleship do a 180 so you can torp him. He will paddle your citadel so hard you will load into the next game still damaged. 

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

Don't get the Myoko wrong she plays very much like the ships preceding her. But she isn't facing the same enemies and you need to keep the battle condition in your favor. Don't go broadside, don't try and use all your guns when the enemy is paying attention to you, don't over push and Don't sail up to a battleship do a 180 so you can torp him. He will paddle your citadel so hard you will load into the next game still damaged. 

You pretty much wanna avoid showing broadside to anything. I've citadelled myokos in my Blys to deal 20k in one salvo

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I feel your pain OP.  You must ask yourself....what would Jesus do? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

HaHa...I would barely get the engines going before yall sank me

Well if you feel that way, fall back on one nation/line to T2 or T3... play nothing but random battles in that nation/line. Soon enough you'll feel comfortable enough to jump into RBs at T7... 

The ARP Myoko is identical except for her paint/skin. I personally enjoyed the wee out of her until I did the stupid thing and grabbed the torp boost/range reduction. Doing this puts her much closer to those who want and can kill her. You may not think 2km is much but believe me it is. 

I agree with the other poster... review your cmdr skills, maybe realign them but if you can, dump that torp speed. 

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I feel your pain OP.  You must ask yourself....what would Jesus do? 

Hang around.
  • Cool 1

Members
3,014 posts

...Don't sail up to a battleship do a 180 so you can torp him. He will paddle your citadel so hard you will load into the next game still damaged. 

That's the funniest summary I have ever read.

Almost made me forget how pitiful my game was this am.

Pure, foot stompin' knee slappin' Funny!!

Thx

Beta Testers
730 posts
2,345 battles

You must ask yourself....what would Jesus do? 

He would call 10,000 angels to destroy the world—

—but he died alone. For you and me.

• Cool 1

Members
870 posts
9,489 battles

Myoko is a great ship. Only thing I found annoying was the slow turret traverse. Use your range to your advantage, and as others have mentioned, show that broadside as little as possible. Even if it means only bringing a couple turrets to bear. It's a very narrow target from the front and rear. You can abuse that and wiggle while headed towards or away from your target, and burn it down.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

He would call 10,000 angels to destroy the world—

—but he died alone. For you and me.

He did not die according to scripture. He was raised.  By the way I am not an atheist. Nor do I embrace any organized religion with rules or a dogma. I do my own thing.

Sign in to follow this