Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

127mm/50 Type 3 IJN DD turrets

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

So I was browsing the DD turrets and realized that Fubuki and Hatsuharu share the exact same 127mm/50 Type 3 turrets. Their textures are identical too.

So I was wondering, why on God's beautiful blue Earth do I have to research these exact same turrets if I already have them researched after purchasing Hatsuharu? Unless I am not seeing it as researched until I actually purchase Fubuki, then you can ignore the post, but if not, can someone please explain?

RVGpNIn.jpg

h3Zd55E.jpg

~Hunter

Members
1,360 posts

The variants of the turrets are different, though made from the same model. The 3rd, being used on Fubuki after the development of the Hatsuharu class destroyers in the 1930s, was given increased elevation. Hatsu herself was given the 2nd variant, which the only step up from it's prototype was being dual purpose.

Also to note the elevation change specifically was from 40 degrees on the first model to 75, which was mounted on the first 10 of the Fubuki classes, as well as the new Akatsuki class destroyers. Since the actual IJN Hatsuharu's guns, the 2nd variant of the 2nd model of the turret, had unknown characteristics relative to it's sister turrets, the actual destroyer you see in game is more comparable to Yugure, which uses the 1st variant of the 2nd model.

Edited by Xannari

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

3487685i_zpsw2dl7owe.jpg

Well, if you want to get into that, they don't even have the correct designations.

Type A: Fubuki

Type B: Ayanami, Hatsuharu

WoWs Fubuki is some mix of Fubuki. Shikinami and Ayanami.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Same designation, but as others mentioned Fubuki's turret has increased elevation which grants it DP status (i.e. allows it to be used for AA Defense).

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

And the dual purpose turret being removed on the c hull now actually causes Fubuki to lose anti air rating. C hull just isn't worth it now

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Same designation, but as others mentioned Fubuki's turret has increased elevation which grants it DP status (i.e. allows it to be used for AA Defense).

Hatsuharu also has DP guns. They fire just the same as normal DP guns ingame as well. My Hatsu doesn't just have machine guns >.>

If this is the case, I can think of a feature I'd like in the game then. The ability for DDs with DP guns to aim at and manually target Aircraft Squadrons and fire at them too. Giving DDs a better role in the game as well.

~Hunter

Sign in to follow this