You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SirNimitz

Question about Colorado's armor...

4 comments in this topic

[NVY]
Members
36 posts
3,326 battles

The other day at Off topic in game chat, a guy was asking stuff about Colorado and New Mex stats and playstyle, and a some guys and i were answering the best we could. I thought Colo had better armor than New mex, at least that's what i heard (despite of the lots of complaining and bad reputation she has or used to). But then took a look into the armor stats in game and found the New mex beats her by a couple of mm of armor. I was quite surprised and had to correct my words and tell the guy that after checking it, actually New Mex and not Colorado has better armor. ¿Just want to know if those in-game stats are right (seems like it's, cos wikipedia says so) or something is missed there?

Personally i think Colorado is a decent ship, and play her most likely the New mex and found her pretty fun to play(when fully upgraded).

Btw, attached a reply in the Colorado where a Texas got a cit on my stern, first time i've seen that, she really put a hard fight.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/5203-SirNimitz-Colorado-Fault-Line

Also a very decent youtube Colorado Review video. 

:honoring:

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Personally i think Colorado is a decent ship, and play her most likely the New mex and found her pretty fun to play(when fully upgraded).

Actually, it pretty much is true that the Colo has worse armor than the NM. I put 3 salvos into a broadside NM in my Nagato and 10k each, but 0 citadels. I put 3 salvos into a Colo facing me in my Nagato and out of 3 of the 10k salvos, 1 dealt a citadel. Also, I've punched Colos in the face with my NM before, and have had trouble with other NMs in my NM. Although I have to question the Fusos guns as its guns have ridiculously troll pen RNGesus, but they generally don't pen Colos as well as NMs for some reason. Up to you to test. Go try out in the training room with Aslain's modpack.
Edited by Personator

[NVY]
Members
36 posts
3,326 battles

Actually, it pretty much is true that the Colo has worse armor than the NM. I put 3 salvos into a broadside NM in my Nagato and 10k each, but 0 citadels. I put 3 salvos into a Colo facing me in my Nagato and out of 3 of the 10k salvos, 1 dealt a citadel. Also, I've punched Colos in the face with my NM before, and have had trouble with other NMs in my NM. Although I have to question the Fusos guns as its guns have ridiculously troll pen RNGesus, but they generally don't pen Colos as well as NMs for some reason. Up to you to test. Go try out in the training room with Aslain's modpack.

Yeah, i'll try it on Train room to figure out myself. In personal experience i saw a bunch of Nagatos cits against NM and for some reason Fusos(and not only Texas and NM) rekt me pretty often whem i'm in my Colo, i think their guns are very damn accurate.

Thanks for the info btw 

Edited by SirNimitz

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
1,082 posts
41,469 battles

Got maybe 100 matches in the CO and 200+ in the NM and they feel pretty identical; the CO feels like she might have a small edge in armor. With the NM having a faster rudder though and longer reload window, you can pretty precisely present an optimal profile during reload, a noticeable advantage. I can even swing my nose the opposite way through the target and back again, further complicating enemy shots though increasing the chance of a bow cit. I'd have to say overall the NM is a tougher target.