You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Orsai_De_Cadiz

Battleship nerf, kept quite but obvious

91 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
100 posts

So after playing 25 games in Battleships including the Fuso, New Mexico, Texas, New York, and Kongo, All of these except the Texas I have had for months now mind you, I came to the undeniable conclusion that battleships have been nerfed yet again after finally being fun to play last patch. This is due to them being buffed after a massive outcry at their inaccuracy and insultingly low damage upon impact. I posted about this a while ago about how the 14 in guns in particular bounced off and even after multiple impacts per salvo rewarded you with 1 thousand damage. Its only a 14 inch shell right? Doing the same amount of damage as single 8 in HE shell does. I assume this nerf came from complaints that battleships were too strong and sailing broadside to them means you die, go forbid you respect a massive vessel of armor and guns. Also, after 4 training rooms I have noticed a change in the aiming reticle. Its off. You now have to aim a little higher than before, this small change makes a big difference at long range, further compounding the effects of this nerf. High explosive also now impacts and does no damage at all. I have replays to prove this since I recognize the forums population as more petty and malicious than helpful, which is why I waited until my belief was undeniable. I am writing this post more so that anyone who feels this is the case can see that it is not their aim that is suddenly bad, it is indeed something in game. I hope that this is fixed quickly as I would like to enjoy my battleships again rather than spamming HE at everything, speaking of which I have noticed a BIG spike in Battleships firing HE which further confirms my suspicion. Any trolls will be ignored, as well as condescending statements and "It is not happening to me" comments.                        

• Cool 2

Members
495 posts
12 battles

You've had the Texas for months?

I thought it just released yesterday!? :amazed:

Didnt you read his thread?

"Any trolls will be ignored"

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

Any trolls will be ignored, as well as condescending statements and "It is not happening to me" comments.                        

Basically.. anyone that does not agree? And no, it's all in your head. There was no change like any of the sort that you described.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Oh look. A BBaby.

Please don't compare the OP to BB mains. It's insulting.

So after playing 25 games in Battleships including the Fuso, New Mexico, Texas, New York, and Kongo, All of these except the Texas I have had for months now mind you, I came to the undeniable conclusion that battleships have been nerfed yet again after finally being fun to play last patch. This is due to them being buffed after a massive outcry at their inaccuracy and insultingly low damage upon impact. I posted about this a while ago about how the 14 in guns in particular bounced off and even after multiple impacts per salvo rewarded you with 1 thousand damage. Its only a 14 inch shell right? Doing the same amount of damage as single 8 in HE shell does. I assume this nerf came from complaints that battleships were too strong and sailing broadside to them means you die, go forbid you respect a massive vessel of armor and guns. Also, after 4 training rooms I have noticed a change in the aiming reticle. Its off. You now have to aim a little higher than before, this small change makes a big difference at long range, further compounding the effects of this nerf. High explosive also now impacts and does no damage at all. I have replays to prove this since I recognize the forums population as more petty and malicious than helpful, which is why I waited until my belief was undeniable. I am writing this post more so that anyone who feels this is the case can see that it is not their aim that is suddenly bad, it is indeed something in game. I hope that this is fixed quickly as I would like to enjoy my battleships again rather than spamming HE at everything, speaking of which I have noticed a BIG spike in Battleships firing HE which further confirms my suspicion. Any trolls will be ignored, as well as condescending statements and "It is not happening to me" comments.                        

Battleships haven't been touched in months.

• Cool 3

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

Funny, I started  Battleships again because I can deal 10k per salvo with surprising regularity. 

I know it's all in my head too :P

Members
495 posts
12 battles

OP claims to have an undeniable conclusion yet have no evidence whatsoever. His entire post only has 5 unique numbers. 25, 14, 1000, 8 and 4.

Edited by Deathskyz

[CUTE]
Members
46 posts
4,552 battles

*facepaIms* Firing HE in a BB when a heavily armored target  is facing you can be more damage efficient then firing AP in that situation. Oh and btw firing HE into the huII of a BB does nothing whatsoever you have to aim for the super structure for it to do damage.

Edited by Destroyer_Haida

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
100 posts

All of these except the Texas I have had for months now mind you- Must suck to be illiterate in this day and age. skimming isnt reading

Members
1,360 posts

From what I can tell from the admittedly few battles I've had in the last update and this one, nothing really has changed except a few slight accuracy nerfs. You still get citadels by baiting a New York to broadside your highly angled battleship at <2km, and those are some pretty satisfying citadels. You also may just detonate them, but that's a different story

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
100 posts

From what I can tell from the admittedly few battles I've had in the last update and this one, nothing really has changed except a few slight accuracy nerfs. You still get citadels by baiting a New York to broadside your highly angled battleship at <2km, and those are some pretty satisfying citadels. You also may just detonate them, but that's a different story

I have had way more straddling salvos than before, plus shots are doing far less damage than previous patch,  citadels feel more luck based now than carefully aiming and waiting for the right moment 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

I have had way more straddling salvos than before, plus shots are doing far less damage than previous patch,  citadels feel more luck based now than carefully aiming and waiting for the right moment 

Its just RNGesus saying no

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Any trolls will be ignored, as well as condescending statements and "It is not happening to me" comments.                        

"I'm automatically right, because I said so."

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
100 posts

Ahahahahahahahaha. Learn to play BBs m8

you know the sad and amusing thing about losers like yourself who only ridicule and comment because they want attention? According to the little stat window you so proudly display, you haven't played in at least a week on this account, I am sure you'll fire back with you have another account blah blah, but since you haven't played in a week that means that you haven't even seen the changes I am referring too.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

you know the sad and amusing thing about losers like yourself who only ridicule and comment because they want attention? According to the little stat window you so proudly display, you haven't played in at least a week on this account, I am sure you'll fire back with you have another account blah blah, but since you haven't played in a week that means that you haven't even seen the changes I am referring too.

I actually played Yesterday. In case you didnt know, the stat card only updates about twice a week so yeah......and it doesn't always count battles. My stats are not "loser" grade by any level of the imagination.  
Edited by DrMacintosh

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

Lets assume for a second that you are right.  What are your choices?

1. Ragequit.
  2. Resolve not to spend another cent, keep playing, but spend the majority of your time on the forum complaining about WG incessantly.
  3. Learn to deal with it and be successful in spite of it.
    1. (HINT) Perhaps try closing range a bit more to lessen dispersion.
  4. Write your own game. (Could be combined with either of the first two)

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

yours 

his.PNG

mine

mine.PNG

I rest my case

all are current stats considering I just took those screen shots

his.PNG

mine.PNG

Edited by DrMacintosh

Members
1,360 posts

To be absolutely fair, it's always been a bit of both ways, with a little nudge towards the luck side now. Have you been playing more often in higher tiers since the last 2 versions? That could explain why, but then again it could be just one of those streaks we all have now and then. Can't really confirm or deny.
  • Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

To be absolutely fair, it's always been a bit of both ways, with a little nudge towards the luck side now. Have you been playing more often in higher tiers since the last 2 versions? That could explain why, but then again it could be just one of those streaks we all have now and then. Can't really confirm or deny.

Hey look, a sensible person on the internet. 
  • Cool 2

Members
135 posts
1,216 battles

Actually the 5.5 video mentions something about balances introduced with the patch including shell damage, just nothing overtly or directly identified as BB only. 

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

All of these except the Texas I have had for months now mind you- Must suck to be illiterate in this day and age. skimming isnt reading

Not a thing has changed, I played BBs pretty regularly both in Co-op and random. The shells go where I aim them (exception: Ishizuchi, then the shells go to a random postal address in the next time zone) and I get pretty much the damage I expect for that situation and shell type. I just bought Texas and played four games in random for an average 69K damage, with each game having predictable damage numbers which I knew before I saw them -- the crappy game which the CV sunk me early I expected about 40K and got 44K, the hard-fought struggle in which i died in the final minute after High Caliber I expected about 120K and got 130K. 

In sum, based on recent experiences in Tirpitz, Ishizuchi, and Texas, I see no change at all in BB performance.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Whoa, how'd you get my comment to save? I edited it right after posting, lol.